MOVING TO WINTER GARDEN!! :)

*TheWigs*

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
I used to be more active on the boards, but we haven't had a trip "home" planned in over a year and I have been "stalking" rather than posting! :)

Anyway, we will be moving to the Winter Garden area this summer and I'd like to hear from any central Florida RNs what I should expect for salary. The "average annual RN salary" searches have me really discouraged. I'm currently an RN in Illinois in a 23 bed ER. I have over 20 years of experience and all the possible certifications needed to work in any ER (BLS, ACLS, TNCC, PALS, ENPC, ECRN and will hopefully have my CEN before we move) . I recently applied for my Florida RN license and am waiting to hear back so I can get fingerprinted, etc. I'm on the higher end of the pay scale at my hospital (mid $80,000s) as I'm a night shift Charge RN and have been there for 15+ years. I was born to be a bedside nurse...Charge RN is the highest level of "management" that will ever interest me and I currently have my (ADN) Associates Degree, but plan on starting my BSN after the move.

Anyone able to help give me a good idea of what I can expect to earn? I understand there won't be State Taxes removed and I know I'll be earning less, but it would be nice when I start to interview to have a reference amount to bargain with... :)
Thanks in advance!!
Geni

I have no idea (I am also in Central IL and not a nurse) but have a condo in Windermere and a friend there who is a nurse. Not sure what she makes but my point here is are you aware of the brand new hospital opening right in Winter Garden? Might be handy for you!

Liz

I saw that!! They actually are listing a $10,000 sign on bonus and up to $6500 relocation bonus!! Lots of restrictions and rules, but would be a nice chunk 0' change to have in our pockets right after a move! :)
Thanks for the response! :)

Don't know. But 4 friends of my daughter got hired at Fla. Hosp and Arnold Palmer right out of school recently. So there must be a need.

I've always wanted to move to Fl but I'm a psych RN, harder to find a need really. :( I live in IL too (Chicago to be exact). Good luck!

Pay in Florida is bad. It is called the "sunshine tax". But then I also think pay in Il is bad. Washington state $60.25/hr with BSN. 30 years

Remember there is a reason hospitals offer such high sign on bonuses.

I have lots of travel nurse friends whose contracts are cancelled just days from completing the assignment therefore making them loose out on the promised bonus.

Another thing to remember with a hospital just opening they have to staff for full capacity but it takes time (1-2 years) to actually get there. In hiring to staff to full capacity they hire a mix of travelers, agency and permanent staff. Now with not having the patients you will NOT be working your full time hours. Many travelers try to get contracts with guaranteed hours so regular staff are canceled first. Then when regular staff start complaining the travelers get contracts cancelled. This then gets around in the traveler nurse community and you can't get nurses to come help and you end up working woefully short.

Where you will get the best idea of hospitals and working conditions is to talk to any travelers you are working with now. They will be a wealth of information for you.

Salary will be high 20 to low 30 per hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter