Moving between resorts during the same stay

The Rivers' Rats

Mouseketeer
My family and I are planning our first trip out to WDW as DVC members (yeah!!). We currently have a 12 day stay at the Villas at Animal Kingdom, however, after reading about others who have moved between multiple resorts during a stay, we thought it might be nicer to split the stay between two resorts.

Here is my question...

We are using Disney for transportation (Magical Express I believe it is called) and will not have a rental car. If we chose to go to two resorts, how do we get from one place to another? Will we be able to use Disney for this, or take a cab?

If anyone has done this before, could you please let me know how you got your family (and luggage) from one place to another?

Thanks for your help.

- Scott

Disney's Bell Services will transfer your luggage. It's up to you to get to your next resort. Buses don't travel between resorts but you can go to any park or DTD to transfer to the next resort bus.

:) Bill

We are doing this for the first time in March. We are splitting between Kidani and BLT. Our plan is to get up early Wednesday morning and check our bags at Bell Services at Kidani. Get on the bus and go to MK. During our afternoon break, we'll go check-in at BLT.

I didn't think it was something I'd ever be interested in, but it is exciting to know we're going to get to stay at both of the newest resorts.

We did a split stay last summer for our first DVC trip and I liked it. We did end up trying 3 in a week and that was a bit much. But, I am looking forward to doing 2 resorts each trip--BLT for most days and another resort for a couple.

Plus, doing it this way will allow us to use different dining plans. We have only a few TS meals we like to do and will do the regular DDP for the reservation that is a few nights and then just the QSDP for the rest.

As far as moving, we rented a car for a few days so it was easy to go between the resorts. We started at BWV and rented from the National at the Dolpin. Easy walk to get it the day after we arrived. Then we returned it the day before we left. We just walked back to Epcot that day, spent time there, and hopped the bus to VWL, where we were now staying.

It allowed me to use ME to/from the airport (I hate driving back to there) and gave us flexibility for move days, as well as for trips to DTD. For the extra $130.00 it cost for 5 days, it was worth it.

Good luck!

I ususally have a car but what I would do is to get up as early as I can do a transportation exchange from at a park or DTD (usually the EMH park) and check in to the new resort and have the rest of the family arrange to get the bags tansfered, check out and then meet at what ever park you are going to. If the new room is not ready you will have your cards already and they will call you for room availability. There is sometimes an issues with DDP and having everyone present but it appears to be quite rare.

bookwormde

I did a split stay last year between AKV and the Epcot Resorts (BCV) and I loved that combination. And yes, bell services moved my luggage (although it wasn't at the new location until after 3:00). While at AKV, I did MK and AK only. Then, when I switched over to BCV, I did Epcot and DHS from there. It worked out great!

Disney's Bell Services will transfer your luggage. It's up to you to get to your next resort. Buses don't travel between resorts but you can go to any park or DTD to transfer to the next resort bus.

Is this something you have to arrange in advance? We have a split stay scheduled for August - 6 nights at BLT, and 4 at AK - Kidani:goodvibes

Thanks

Is this something you have to arrange in advance? We have a split stay scheduled for August - 6 nights at BLT, and 4 at AK - Kidani:goodvibes

Thanks

You can call the morning of your transfer. Check out is at 11:00 and as PP, your luggage will be delivered around 3:00 to your new resort. If you aren't there, Bell Services will hold your luggage until you call them. An adult must be in the room to accept delivery. (they want a tip)

We did this in 2008 trip. I called Bell Service to help with luggage that morning and told them I was switching resorts. They came and helped with luggage and took us to the other resort in their van. So I had my luggage and us took over there at same time around check out time. Maybe it was because I was going from SSR to OKW. They acted like there was no problem and maybe it was because it was in a slow season too.

We are looking at switching DVC resorts in November, but I was wondering what they do with your perishable items (milk, lunch meat) in between stays? Should you just plan on buying enough for separate stays at separate times or do they store it somewhere for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter