Movies surprisingly based on true event

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by sunshinehighway, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Family Fun Mom

Family Fun Mom <font color=green>No longer tagless... my wit has

The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

There was a real girl who really did die an awful death after years of being supposedly possessed and many exorcisms were performed on her. Her priest really was put on trial for it, as were her parents. Creepy.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

Yikes.

4. EMom

EMom <font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork

I'll tell you what's real about the story behind The Mothman Prophesies. My lifelong fear of crossing bridges. :faint: When I was very little, the Silver Bridge collapsed just before Christmas and they kept showing it on TV over and over and over. Cars in the icy water with people who froze almost immediately. What I remember most is the Christmas gifts floating in the water and the newscasters speculating how many mothers out Christmas shopping with children had been in those cars. it scared the CRAP out of me and I drove my mother nuts for years by asking, "Is the bridge going to collapse?!?!?!" every freaking time we had to cross a bridge. It's a wonder she did not lose her mind. :drive:

As for Bernie, that took place right by where I grew up and they nailed the personality of the area. Small town Texas, for sure.

5. phamton

phamton The Other Orlando Themepark Moderator

"Rudy" Loved the movies but a big portion of it is for dramatic purposes. The part about the other players turning in their jerseys so Rudy could play the last game, was totally false. The coach was already planning to play Rudy as it was a tradition to play every senior at least once in the last game. No shouting of "Rudy! Rudy!" by the players and the crowd. The movie still brings tears to my eyes though.

6. Family Fun Mom

Family Fun Mom <font color=green>No longer tagless... my wit has

But I heard they really did carry him off the field. That turns on the waterworks each and every time. :sad:

7. Kathryn Merteuil

Kathryn Merteuil Barden Bella

First one that came to mind for me.

8. sunshinehighway

sunshinehighway DIS Veteran

I know people love Rudy and this is not going to be a popular opinion but, I hated that movie. Ok, I just felt like I had to finally get that off my chest. Carry on. :)