Movie Stars, Magic, and Memories! Updated 8/16/14 BIG NEWS!!

Hello there :wave2:! Joining in on all the fun, can't wait to read along! And I hear ya on the sleep thing too!

Thanks for joining in! So glad to have you! Yeah, DH is sick with the flu so I'll have a lot of time on my hands today! When I get off work I'll be doing an update! :)

Joining in!
Such a cute story of how you and your hubby came to be! And LOVE that you rescued your fur babies!! I feel the exact same way, I would take them all in I could.
Excited to read about your trip!

Joining in!
Such a cute story of how you and your hubby came to be! And LOVE that you rescued your fur babies!! I feel the exact same way, I would take them all in I could.
Excited to read about your trip!

Yay! So happy to have you! Aw, thank you very much! Glad you share my sentiment of rescuing! My DH is currently using the argument of if you want a kid we can't get another pet. :rotfl:

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of update this weekend! I have one halfway done but DH is really sick with the flu and some friends that just married this past June announced to us that they are separating, so it's been an insane weekend to say the least.

So, once I get home, workout, and cook dinner I'll try to get an update done. If not tonight then I have no excuse not to get one done tomorrow as I don't have to be at work until noon Wednesday.

Thanks for bearing with me!

~Chrissy

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of update this weekend! I have one halfway done but DH is really sick with the flu and some friends that just married this past June announced to us that they are separating, so it's been an insane weekend to say the least.

So, once I get home, workout, and cook dinner I'll try to get an update done. If not tonight then I have no excuse not to get one done tomorrow as I don't have to be at work until noon Wednesday.

Thanks for bearing with me!

~Chrissy

Oh no! I'm sorry he is so sick.. The flu is so bad here too! And that really is terrible about your friends separating! :(((( Ive worked with family law and it's so sad! :(

Life Update: DH has the flu and I'm bored out of my mind, lol. I've been sleeping on the really comfy couch in the living room because I can't afford to get sick right now. His temp got up to 102 last night and ended up throwing up twice, poor guy... Hopefully, he starts feeling better soon. I'm getting cabin fever! *cue the Muppets song* :rolleyes1 "We've got cabin fever! We've lost what sense we had! We've got cabin fever! We're all going maaaaaaad!"

And since this has been sitting here waiting for me to finish it for a week we have another life update. Our sweet Ellie had to make an emergency trip to the vet Friday night. We were in the middle of an ice storm and we think when she was running up the deck stairs which were coated in ice, she must have slipped causing her paw to slide into a nail or something. Not quite sure. She ended up getting quite a few stitches as she ended up ripping her paw open between her toes and puncturing the side of her paw. She's on antibiotics and painkillers. Poor baby... She's a tough girl though!

0BE018D4-83CD-4CBC-BDE9-7717CE095F24_zpsoinfusxj.jpg

774DFDE3-7B6E-41FD-8CF8-E70045FDC117_zpsr8naayjp.jpg

She has stitches between those toes and on the side her paw by my pinky, poor baby!

7CDCAF89-A45F-4957-BBC7-883E50820153_zps4wzbackr.jpg

Day 1, Part 2:

We headed to the bus stop to catch the bus to DTD. We were getting very hungry and couldn't wait to get there and eat! While driving, there was a very cute little girl who excitedly yelled, "I CAN SEE GOOFY'S MANSION!!!!" She was talking about the Swan Dolphin hotels. Lol. It was so cute though! We had arrived and the Christmas decor was already apparent and so cute!

IMG_1325_zps230ee7ca.jpg

I really wanted to eat at Earl of Sandwich but when we got there the line was around the corner. We were too hungry to wait so we ended up eating at our second choice, Wolfgang Puck Express! DH ended up ordering the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf.

IMG_1327_zps6b8e6d87.jpg

I ordered the Fennel Sausage Pizza.

IMG_1328_zps15d9d765.jpg

DH loves meatloaf but thought this was pretty average. He liked my pizza better. I thought my pizza was delicious! Definitely recommend!

We had a great lunch and were finally feeling like we were on vacation!

IMG_1326_zpscd90b083.jpg

After we finished lunch, we headed straight for one of my favorite stores: Mickey's Pantry! We had the dishwasher clean-dirty spinner on our dishwasher until Devan accidentally broke it one day... So, I knew it was one of the first things I was going to buy when we got to Disney! Well, I looked everywhere for it and didn't see it... I was so sad! I figure I could find it at the Magic Kingdom when we went there later that night!

The weather was gorgeous and we were just taking it in. It was much better than the freezing weather we were used to in the KC area.

IMG_1329_zps215224b7.jpg

We decided that since our bellies were full we would look around and try to find an ornament for our Christmas tree. It's a tradition that we started when we got married that every trip we take we will find something to hang on our Christmas tree. We ended up getting one of the Eeyore ear ornaments. It looks like this!

I LOVE Eeyore so DH knew this had to be the one to take home.

We were starting to get tired from our early morning so we headed back to the hotel to take a nap and shower and get ready for Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom that night!!

On our way back to our room we had to pass the Dalmations section which just made us miss our puppies more. Devan found a "great" photo opportunity that he had to make work.

IMG_1330_zps06d94efe.jpg

Yes, he wanted to see Pongo stepping on my head. Sweet, right? Lol.

Our luggage was in our room when we got back so we were able to rest easy knowing we could change clothes and get out of our travel clothes. It had been a long day already but we were so ready to be at the parks that night.

Up Next: Day 1, Part 3! Our Night at the Magic Kingdom!

Day 1, Part 3:

We woke up from our nap, got showered, and headed out to the Magic Kingdom for a night full of fun and memories! We arrived at the Magic Kingdom and I breathed a sigh of relief... We were home! It's amazing how at peace you feel once you step inside those parks.

IMG_1331_zps72cc369e.jpg

Now, getting into the park took a bit of time as we had Magic Bands and they were still in the testing phase. We were one of the lucky ones who had issues getting into the parks. As it turned out our tickets weren't linked correctly when our reservations were made so we had to go to Will Call to see why our tickets weren't working. We had a very sweet CM who helped us out and got everything figured out. I was glad because I was starting to panic thinking we wouldn't be able to get into the MK that night or that we'd have to go all the way back to the resort to get it taken care of. Luckily, the CM made everything alright and I was able to breathe again.

We had no plan for this night, no ADRs, no fastpasses, nothing. We were just going to relax and take our time walking through the parks. Of course, one of the first places I wanted to see was New Fantasyland! I'd seen so many pictures on TR's that I had read that I couldn't wait to see it in person! We started walking down Main Street and my eyes came upon the castle. All the stresses of getting into the park melted away. I was so happy and tears came to my eyes.

IMG_1332_zps837faab4.jpg

IMG_1334_zps5da49f30.jpg

The MK at Christmas time is so beautiful. We slowly made our way to New Fantasyland, taking in the gorgeous sights before us. We ended up getting in line for Ariel's Grotto. The queue for the line is beautiful.

IMG_1336_zps9141be31.jpg

IMG_1337_zps43cbf545.jpg

We tried to fit in with the locals. I think we pulled it off.

IMG_1337_zps43cbf545.jpg

Overall, this ride was very cute and I was singing along. It's a nice ride to get out of the heat and take in some much needed nostalgia.

Next, we headed to Tomorrowland! Devan loves Buzz Lightyear so, of course, we had to go there first.

IMG_1339_zpsdb4fbf69.jpg

Yours truly won! I think it was my only win of the entire trip though. :( Lol.

IMG_1345_zps591b2621.jpg

IMG_1341_zps40124046.jpg

IMG_1344_zpsf0e0d95f.jpg

We were starting to get hungry so we went to eat at one of my favorite QS's! Cosmic Rays!

We both had the chicken sandwich and fries. It was good!

IMG_1346_zpscc783eba.jpg

Since we were on this side of the galaxy we headed to one of my favorite rides... Space Mountain! Yay!

IMG_1347_zps33241c1e.jpg

No idea why we posed this way, but it happened... Lol.

IMG_1349_zps55dc06e9.jpg

Continued in next post...

After the whirlwind of the evening we decided we wanted to wind down a bit. We hopped on to another one of my favorite rides, The People Mover. It's such a Disney Classic and it never gets old.

IMG_1350_zpse601be7e.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsd9c5a8c2.jpg

The castle looked gorgeous from the People Mover!

IMG_1357_zpsb2d50e37.jpg

Afterwards, I decided I wanted a Disney treat and something I only ever eat in Florida! A chocolate covered frozen banana! I always feel a bit awkward eating these in public since they are so awkwardly shaped, but it's so worth it because they're so good!

IMG_1361_zpsb8b45c07.jpg

We had enough of space travels for the time being and decided we wanted more adventure! We started to walk towards there when we realized the parade was going on. So, we got our first access to backstage of the trip!

IMG_1362_zps86f52d3d.jpg

Calm down, you guys. I know that was a lot to take in. ;)

This took us back to the beginning of Main Street so we took the walk down Main Street once again to head to POTC!

IMG_1364_zps6566f5c4.jpg

IMG_1366_zpse73157b5.jpg

I had heard rumors that people were now getting wet on this ride and it's actually due to the new boats that they have incorporated. They are still working on the balance of the boats and that is why people are getting wet on the drop. This ride has been updated since we were there a year and a half before and it looks so much cooler! They added fog during the black pearl scene and there are more cannon ball shots, ect... Very neat!

We explored some more and it's no surprise to those who know me very well that I LOVE Tangled. LOVE IT. So, when we made it to the Rapunzel Tower bathroom I was in love. Yeah, it's a bathroom but it's beautiful!!!

IMG_1371_zpsd338ba2f.jpg

IMG_1372_zpsb50cb189.jpg

IMG_1373_zps8f88312d.jpg

I'll have a better picture of the tower in a later update as it was daylight when I took that one. :)

It was starting to get late and the day was definitely wearing on us. We decided to start the trek back to the middle of the park and just take in the beauty of it all.

IMG_1374_zps7e5c830b.jpg

IMG_1375_zps86297cba.jpg

IMG_1376_zpse53ecfc3.jpg

IMG_1378_zps75160845.jpg

We went back to Cosmic Rays and got a snack and just sat in awe of the castle. It was so beautiful covered in lights.

IMG_1385_zpsa00ef023.jpg

F8A5D370-4CB5-4DC9-9A5E-4E3FF720156E_zpsuqtiuayc.jpg

3969EF92-5476-479D-81BB-5739F6B53043_zpsfujgrchr.jpg

We walked up to the front of the castle, took some pictures for people, and in return got one taken for us!

IMG_1394_zps67d77ca2.jpg

IMG_1394_zps67d77ca2.jpg

Our first day in Disney was a great one. We had a lot of fun and memories were already piling up! Tomorrow was going to be an exciting one! We were moving to the Poly and embarking on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!

Stay Tuned!

Oh no! I'm sorry he is so sick.. The flu is so bad here too! And that really is terrible about your friends separating! :(((( Ive worked with family law and it's so sad! :(

Yeah, it's a bit sad... They're both really good friends of our group so we just hope that no one feels like they aren't wanted around anymore.

Luckily, DH is feeling much better!

I'm in! Excited to read more! :banana:

Thank you so much for joining in! Glad to have you! :)

We get an ornament every trip as well. It's so fun to get them out of the boxes every Christmas!

How did you end up liking Pop? We want to do a cheap weekend trip in May with my sister and POP is one of my choices.

Love the MK at night! Great pics.

Ahh so glad you got your Magic Band issues sorted out so quickly. I personally had no problems with anything other than FP+, so actually I'm kind of happy about that. Park and room access was definitely a bigger deal to me, and thankfully they worked flawlessly.

OK, so I had not heard a thing about new boats on Pirates. But that explains A LOT!!!! I rode in December with another DISer and her daughter and we got SOAKED on Pirates (well, our legs did). I was so shocked as I don't think I'd ever gotten a drop of water on me before. Now it makes sense.

You know, there's something really cool about going backstage. I guess the Keys tour will be no big deal now, lol. Truthfully, I loved the Keys tour, so I can't wait to hear how you liked it.

We get an ornament every trip as well. It's so fun to get them out of the boxes every Christmas!

How did you end up liking Pop? We want to do a cheap weekend trip in May with my sister and POP is one of my choices.

Love the MK at night! Great pics.

Well, we didn't stay at POP this time. We stayed at All-Star Movies. BUT, we have stayed there before, back in December 2010. I really enjoyed it. We were far away from the food court it seemed but very close to the buses. I don't know. I think I liked POP better than ASMov. Just the layout seemed better but that could be because we were really far from everything at ASMov, lol. The best thing about POP is you get your own bus. You don't have to share it with other buses. At least, I'm fairly certain. Unless they've added AoA to that route. :confused3

Ahh so glad you got your Magic Band issues sorted out so quickly. I personally had no problems with anything other than FP+, so actually I'm kind of happy about that. Park and room access was definitely a bigger deal to me, and thankfully they worked flawlessly.

OK, so I had not heard a thing about new boats on Pirates. But that explains A LOT!!!! I rode in December with another DISer and her daughter and we got SOAKED on Pirates (well, our legs did). I was so shocked as I don't think I'd ever gotten a drop of water on me before. Now it makes sense.

You know, there's something really cool about going backstage. I guess the Keys tour will be no big deal now, lol. Truthfully, I loved the Keys tour, so I can't wait to hear how you liked it.

I'm glad we got them sorted out quickly too. They worked great the rest of the trip except for when they didn't work on our room at the Poly. That was easily fixed though. :)

Yes, that's why people are getting wet now! Neat fact, huh! We actually learned that on the KTTK Tour! I loved going backstage. I mean, even when we just went back there I thought it was soo cool. We got to do it twice this trip and they are actually looking at doing a permanent walkway to get out of the park so people don't have to fight the parade/fireworks traffic. Smart idea! It was so nice.

I'm here to finally get caught up! :)

So glad to hear from you!! I need to get caught back up on your TR! Just saw some new updates! Hope motherhood is treating you well!!! So many of my DISer pals have had babies recently! Can't wait to join that wagon!

I'll be posting an update this weekend, everyone! Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Trying to catch up!
Poor Ellie!:(
The Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf looks delish!:thumbsup2
Yay for the tickets taken care of quite quickly.

Hi everyone!!

I am SO sorry for being MIA on this trip report. Life has been a little crazy lately especially the last month. Last month, my husband and I ended up having an early miscarriage. It was so early that the HCG was already at a 0 before my period was even over... It was very tough as we've been trying to get pregnant for a while but we moved on and such. Now, it's 3 weeks and 3 days later and guess what... WE ARE PREGNANT!!! We found out at 3 weeks and 1 day. So, it's still early but I feel really good about this one! I'm already battling morning sickness all day every day which is fun, but I am so happy to have it! Anyway, I'll ask for your prayers that this little peanut sticks! I feel like it will! I'll be finishing up this TR over the next month or two as we are heading to the Food and Wine Festival in October where we'll do our Facebook announcement! Yay! Anyway, so sorry again!

Thanks for sticking by me!

Hi everyone!!

I am SO sorry for being MIA on this trip report. Life has been a little crazy lately especially the last month. Last month, my husband and I ended up having an early miscarriage. It was so early that the HCG was already at a 0 before my period was even over... It was very tough as we've been trying to get pregnant for a while but we moved on and such. Now, it's 3 weeks and 3 days later and guess what... WE ARE PREGNANT!!! We found out at 3 weeks and 1 day. So, it's still early but I feel really good about this one! I'm already battling morning sickness all day every day which is fun, but I am so happy to have it! Anyway, I'll ask for your prayers that this little peanut sticks! I feel like it will! I'll be finishing up this TR over the next month or two as we are heading to the Food and Wine Festival in October where we'll do our Facebook announcement! Yay! Anyway, so sorry again!

Thanks for sticking by me!

You are going to think I'm crazy but for some reason- I swear to you- I have been thinking that you may have been pregnant!!! I just remember in your last TR that you said it wouldn't be long before y'all started a family and then you hadn't been on in awhile! Maybe I am telepathic. Haha!! So sorry about the miscarriage! And congratulations!!! We have 2 boys & have been trying for another for 14 months but have an appointment in 2 weeks, I had to take clomid with my second one & will probably have to do it again do I understand about the " trying" part & it not happening. I'm hoping by October!! Yay for food and wine! We were there last year at that time! Good thoughts & prayers to you!!

You are going to think I'm crazy but for some reason- I swear to you- I have been thinking that you may have been pregnant!!! I just remember in your last TR that you said it wouldn't be long before y'all started a family and then you hadn't been on in awhile! Maybe I am telepathic. Haha!! So sorry about the miscarriage! And congratulations!!! We have 2 boys & have been trying for another for 14 months but have an appointment in 2 weeks, I had to take clomid with my second one & will probably have to do it again do I understand about the " trying" part & it not happening. I'm hoping by October!! Yay for food and wine! We were there last year at that time! Good thoughts & prayers to you!!

Aw, thanks so much! That's so strange you thought I was pregnant and I am!! How funny! It is still very early but I am oddly optimistic. I get my second beta done tomorrow and I know the levels have increased due to certain tests not showing up early and then showing up a couple of days later. I found out I had low progesterone levels. I've been on 200mg of Progesterone and it seems to be doing the trick as my early progesterone levels the day I found out I was pregnant were 22! They only need to be a 10! Woot woot! Our estimated delivery date is April 29th, 2015! We plan on creating our facebook announcement while we're at the Food and Wine Festival! I mean... How could we not?? We'll be over 11 weeks at that point! :)

Aw, thanks so much! That's so strange you thought I was pregnant and I am!! How funny! It is still very early but I am oddly optimistic. I get my second beta done tomorrow and I know the levels have increased due to certain tests not showing up early and then showing up a couple of days later. I found out I had low progesterone levels. I've been on 200mg of Progesterone and it seems to be doing the trick as my early progesterone levels the day I found out I was pregnant were 22! They only need to be a 10! Woot woot! Our estimated delivery date is April 29th, 2015! We plan on creating our facebook announcement while we're at the Food and Wine Festival! I mean... How could we not?? We'll be over 11 weeks at that point! :)[/QUOTE

So happy for you & doing it at Disney is great!!! Can't wait to see what you have planned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!