Moved from DVC-Plng: Has anyone stayed around DTD before checking into DVC?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by edk35, Feb 15, 2008.

1. edk35

edk35 DIS Veteran

Just curious if anyone has stayed at any of the off site hotels that are within walking distance of DTD? Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zoom

Zoom DIS Veteran

Few years ago, we stayed for 1 night at Grosvenor hotel now Its REGAL SUN RESORT it is located across DTD. It was nice and clean.

4. edk35

edk35 DIS Veteran

Oh okay. Thanks very much.

5. Mrs. Chilly Twist

Mrs. Chilly Twist Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Grovesnor too...it was very close to dtd...like a block away. But, it was very dated, so hopefully it gets an update w/the new owners!

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We've stayed at what is now a Holiday Inn, but used to be a Howard Johnson's and a Courtyard. Its right next to the Hilton. We were happy with it and it is certainly close enough to walk to DTD easily.

7. LeCras

LeCras Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I don't think I cou

We stayed at the Hilton for a couple of nights last year. I was going to use some of my HHonors points (I have points coming out of my ears) but it was so cheap that we ended up paying cash. We also got upgraded to a huge suite which was nice. :goodvibes

We would defiitely stay at the Hilton again. The pool area is nice and they do Starbucks in the lobby coffee shop which DH loves. :rolleyes: The hotel is also just a five minute walk (if that) from Downtown Disney, which opens up the dining options considerably.

Charlotte

8. kylara

kylara Wish I was still in Orlando/Kissimmee

Have stayed at both the Hilton and the old Grosvenor. Both are very convenient to DTD. Like the Hilton much better. Hopefully the renovations will help with the other now that is is Regal...however, I also hope they have trained the staff better than they were while it was Grosvenor.

9. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

stayed at Lake Buena Vista Best Western - it was surprising very nice. Old and dated - but very clean!

also royal plaza - it wasn't too great - but this was years ago.

Cypress Pointe - further out than DTD but also very, very nice.

Sheraton Safari - pretty sure is within walking distance of the DTD hotels.