Mousekeeping tips for solo hotel stay?

Interesting thread. I don't tip housekeeping, but I don't stay in Disney hotels. Is this the norm? THey are paid to do housekeeping, and they are paid pretty well. TIP - To Insure Prompitude - so why do people tip housekeeping? It is their job, and many of them make more money than I do! In foreign countries, I sometimes tip but they aren't paid minimum wage with benefits. Sorry, I don't believe in this "tipping" policy of many Americans. If you are a solo and staying in a Disney property and feel it is necessary, I would say $1.00 per day is plenty!

As an international guest, WDW give advice to us on tipping customs. They state that it is entirely voluntary to tip the housekeeping, but it is appreciated for exceptional service. I read on DIS boards that you often get different housekeepers each day, so to leave the money for the people who are coming that day, but as I don't know if they would or wouldn't they had given me "exceptional" service (which I would think should be above and beyond, not the basic job they are paid for) before it, so it doesn't add up. As a result, we didn't tip the housekeepers, but happily tipped all our waiting staff at the appropriate level, and the bell service who drove us to our room and looked after our bags on our final day. I don't object to others tipping their housekeeper, but as WDW aren't insistent that it is a must, it's not something we're comfortable with.

i havent event thought of this I'm going the first time in my life to wdw solo i have been 5 or so times with my family (wife and 4 kids) never thought twice about it i put $5 in an envelope every morning and they leave cute animal shaped towels for my kids.
now going solo …. I'm laughing right now i would have just done the same thing and not even thought about it.

i havent event thought of this I'm going the first time in my life to wdw solo i have been 5 or so times with my family (wife and 4 kids) never thought twice about it i put $5 in an envelope every morning and they leave cute animal shaped towels for my kids.
now going solo …. I'm laughing right now i would have just done the same thing and not even thought about it.

Sadly, they have discontinued the towel animals, regardless of whether you are there solo or with family.

yea i know but a little hint if you see your Mousekeeper and ask nice and leave just a little extra she will try. my last trip i found out that thy don't do it so i talked to me keeper. $10 up font is what i tipped her saying the animals are my kids fav. thing. and i would love anything she could do for us and :) we love her. its the little things this cant go away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter