mousekeeping questions??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Thinktinknpixiedust, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Thinktinknpixiedust

Thinktinknpixiedust DIS Veteran

This could be a very over asked question but I gotta know. What is the standard tip for mousekeeping?? and when do you do it? everynite or at the end of your trip???

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. fizz13

fizz13 <font color=33cc99>Dreams about being stuck on Spa

Hi there!

Its best to tip every day because you may not have the same mousekeeper every day, so you want the right one to get rewarded for their work. I have been told that its $1 per person per day, so as a party of 3 I will leave $3 every day in an envelope, somewhere really obvious.

Hope this helps,
    Claire xx

4. kj2mom

kj2mom DIS Veteran

I am not going until October and already have my preprinted mousekeeping envelopes filled with $1 per person. I will leave them out each morning for the person who takes care of the room that day.

5. Gary M

Gary M DIS Veteran

As mentioned $1 per person . Leave the tip on the bed pillow. That way the mousekeeper knows it's a tip and not some money just laying around.

6. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

That's what I plan to do. I like the idea of putting it in an envelope and having it clearly marked.

Have a magical day,
    Anna

7. JPN4265

JPN4265 Don't ask the question, you may not like the answe

Tipping is not required or expected for mousekeeping. They are salaried employees. :sunny:

8. ANIMATOR13

ANIMATOR13 Earning My Ears

$1-2/person in your party/day is a nice gesture. If they go above and beyond the call of duty such as animal towels or lining your room's window with your plush animals and sunglasses then I will leave a little more.