Mousefest

djblu883

DIS Veteran
I'm planning to be at WDW around Mousefest time and want info from others that have been before >CHeshire Figment sent me to a good site but its still early in the planning stages for this year...for those who have been and those planning to go please tell me MORE!!!!! DJ princess:

Last year was my first Mousefest, and I had a fantastic time. It is so fun going to the different events and meeting so many people that I had only known online.

You can choose how many events you want to attend. There are small meets and huge meets and everything in between. Some meets are scheduled around a ride or event, other meets are for meals. Then, of course, there's the Mega Mouse Meet on Saturday.

As the time gets nearer and the various websites that participate finalize their plans, the official website will have a lot more information on the events, as will the participating websites.

You can see on the timer in my signature that I am counting down the days until this year's Mousefest. Can't wait! :woohoo:

MouseFest is a WDW solo person's dream come true!! I'm making my second solo trip this Dec..last year was terrific. You'll find lots of solo's there...lots of meets to go to, people to hook up with. I'm also counting down to MouseFest '06!!!

Can someone explain to me about the Choice for the Color and why they were chosen? and If all on line going to the Mousefest need to wear them with their names on them like name tags??/ I've seen a blurb or two but would like more info...Thanks!!! DJ princess: :joker: :crazy: :cool1:

Look at the DIS Boards header at the top of every page - see all the green? That's why the lime green Mickey head was chosen to represent the DIS instead of blue or orange.

There is no set rule for wearing the Mickey heads. Everybody personalizes theirs to suit their taste. Some just cut them out and attach to lanyards or bags, others write their names or screen names or both on them, others draw something in the middle.

Have fun with them and do whatever you want - the point is simply to identify yourself as a member of the DIS Boards, so that when others see the Mickey head they can introduce themselves and you can meet some fellow DISers face to face.

I'll be there to and this is my first too. I've heard so much about it that I'm real excited about going and meetingnew people. I belong to so many boards and there's going to be people from all these boards. I've met some from other boards in little meets and were all looking forward to the big mega mouse meet. So I'll be able to meet some of you too. Who knows what badge i'll be wearing I'm in so many groups and all. :)

Tiggergrams1 said:
I'll be there to and this is my first too. I've heard so much about it that I'm real excited about going and meetingnew people. I belong to so many boards and there's going to be people from all these boards. I've met some from other boards in little meets and were all looking forward to the big mega mouse meet. So I'll be able to meet some of you too. Who knows what badge i'll be wearing I'm in so many groups and all. :)

I wear 3 or 4 name badges from message board site, plus buttons from other sites like MousePlanet, Passporter, AllEarsNet, and a few others - I have a lanyard that I only wear for MouseFest, and it's full.

And it doesn't even have a lime-green Mickey head on it yet.

Yes it's the same time every year. Dates change sometimes but always in December. It's from the 7th to the 12th this year. With mega meet being on the 9th. :)

goofy4tink said:
MouseFest is a WDW solo person's dream come true!! I'm making my second solo trip this Dec..last year was terrific. You'll find lots of solo's there...lots of meets to go to, people to hook up with. I'm also counting down to MouseFest '06!!!

Thats what I was thinking. I think I may have to come down for Mousefest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter