Motion sickness

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SeattleSuz, Jul 24, 2013.

1. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

So, DH and I have been on smaller ships (150 capacity) and have never gotten motion sickness. But I have heard that people do on the bigger ships. If you are not necessarily prone to motion sickness (I am not, DH kind of can be), do you think that it's more probable to get it on a bigger ship??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I think it's more probable to have motion sickness on the smaller ships.

4. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

Yeah that's kind of what I thought... I will prob bring my sea bands (from my pg, lol) for DH just in case. ;)

5. Kendal

Kendal DIS Veteran

I would have I say more probable on smaller ships also..

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. Cruisefan2

Cruisefan2 DIS Veteran

Depends on where you spend your time on the ships. If you are high up I would say you would more likely get sea sick on the big ships due to thief height. Lower down I would say smaller ships as their stabilizers aren't as good.

7. Rose23

Rose23 Epcot Fan

8. lauralynn0612

lauralynn0612 Mouseketeer

I am prone to motion sickness, and we had really rough seas on our cruise in January. The only time I felt nauseous was when we went to work out, and the gym was on the very top deck. So from my experience it was not bad at all. I had Dramamine just in case!

9. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

Interesting! So a 7A or 6A would most likely be ok?

10. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

I'll have to tell my DH that little tidbit, as I am sure he will be utilizing the gym on board! Thx!

11. jimsubry

jimsubry Mouseketeer

Or better yet, get the full-strength candied ginger. You can get it by the bagful at places like Trader Joe's or natural food shops. The Trader Joe's stuff is STRONG and is amazing at combatting nausea immediately!

I don't think the ginger snap cookies have enough real ginger in them to make much of a difference.

12. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

If you have been on a 180 ft boat and were fine, you will be totally fine on the larger ships, you barely feel the ship move.

I have been deep sea fishing on small 30 ft boats in the Atlantic and larger 100 foot party boats in the Gulf, everywhere on those ships you are rocking all over, nothing on the Disney Dream last May.

Dont worry, have fun.