Most underrated restaurant at WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kaitmarie, Nov 9, 2012.

1. collegeprogram01

collegeprogram01 Mouseketeer

I would have to say GF Cafe and Olivias. We have never had nothing but great experiences there and the crowds are always low! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Amanda Esmeralda

Amanda Esmeralda Mouseketeer

Restaurant Marrakesh for us. We can almost always just walk in and we have never had a bad meal. Plus I love watching the kids dance in the center! So cute. :)

4. IandGsmom

IandGsmom <font color=green>DL veteran. WDW novice.<br><font

Thank you for all the suggestions. Going to try some of these next June!

5. Babbletrish

Babbletrish DIS Veteran

The Wave is very nice and Kona Cafe was wonderful. Our greatest surprise during our last visit was Il Mulino in the Swan and Big River at the Boardwalk. I may have to make a reservation for Sanaa when we do our resort-hopping day!

6. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

For me besides the Grand Floridian Cafe, would be the Captains Grille at YC. What I liked about CG is that it is nice to get away from all the over-the-top theming for just a couple of hours, enjoy a nice quite restaurant, good service, and good food. All of these we have experience the three times we have been there. :thumbsup2

7. tianna26

tianna26 Mouseketeer

Ok i keep seeing the wave & olivias where are these places i never been to wdw b4

8. dvcmom72

dvcmom72 Mouseketeer

The Wave is at the Contemporary Resort and Olivia's is at Old Key West. :thumbsup2

9. tianna26

tianna26 Mouseketeer

Thank you

10. joshiesdad

joshiesdad Mouseketeer

Was not excited to go to Liberty Tree Tavern but loved it. Will for sure go back.

11. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

And I totally agree with you. We've eaten at Olivia's many times. They have a really good bacon cheeseburger, as well as a Cuban that is one of our staples for lunch! For dinner, love the whole leaf Caesar salad, the NY Strip and the prime rib! We've always had good food!

Another new favorite, The Turf Club at SSR! Also good prime rib, fantastic stuffed mushrooms.

Boy is sure get a bashing here on the DIs, but we love it. You can't get anymore Greek than the whole roasted fish with fennel and olives! Yum.

Sometimes, it's nice to have a quieter meal away from the parks!

We've enjoyed Marrakesh since it opened, we eat there every couple of years and the food, the music, the belly dancer makes for a lovely dinner!

12. jedi jen

jedi jen Mouseketeer

My votes are for Sanaa, Wave, Chefs de France, Jiko, Artist Point. We like the options at Wolf Gang Puck's Cafe too.

13. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Restaurant Marrakesh for us. Yup!!!

14. Jenna319

Jenna319 DIS Veteran

We've never had a bad meal at Paradiso 37 and I love warm nights where you can sit outside overlooking the lake. Kona for breakfast is another must-do. I will have to check out the Grand Floridian cafe!

15. we3travellers

we3travellers Mouseketeer

GF Cafe for lunch! Cobb salad for me and GF burger for DH. It is also a burger with lobster on top.

This will be a first on this board, but we loved Maya Grill at CSR last trip. Lovely atmosphere, great service and terrific food. Maybe because mexican/southwest food is harder to come by where we are from? :confused3 On the flip side, we didn't love Kouzzina because DH is Greek and we can get some of the best Greek food outside of Greece here in Toronto. I guess it's what you're used to. :thumbsup2

16. mmafan

mmafan DISDAD #780

jiko....might be the best dinner i ever had at disney!!!!!:thumbsup2

17. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I love Jiko

18. andrea2289

andrea2289 I Save My Way Back To Disney!

Grand Floridian Cafe and Wave!

19. Leilanie94

Leilanie94 Mouseketeer

My family and I enjoyed Jiko as well. :)

20. Joan1

Joan1 DIS Veteran

My DS 14 is very picky when it comes to food and we were worried about Sanaa and having him find something but he ordered their burger without the sauces and they brought out ketchup for him, he ate the whole thing and was happy with it

21. denman007

denman007 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Just ate at Boatwrights Friday for our last TS. It was very good. I had the prime rib and DW had the medallions. Had the best service all week at this place - probably due to the lack of crowd.

The bar area also has a nice lounge if you are into that.