Most Popular Disney Princess

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by SaliAli, Jan 25, 2012.

?

Who is the most popular Disney Princess?

1. Snow White

2. Cinderella

3. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

4. Ariel

5. Belle

6. Jasmine

7. Pocahontas

8. Mulan

9. Tiana

10. Rapunzel

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SaliAli

SaliAli Earning My Ears

So my friend and I were walking back from an awesome Disney weekend when a very appropriate question popped into my head, "Who is considered to be the most popular Disney princess?"

I realize that the princesses have come out in different generations and thus might influence the children of the generation at the time, eg. young girls now would connect more with Rapunzel than Snow White. But if you're like me, who became acquainted with most of the princesses at a young age, you already have a fairly good idea who they are but yet have to wonder.

What I'd like to know is who, in general, on the whole, appeals to a wide crowd, the number one princess on everybody's mind?

I said Ariel, not because she's my favorite, but she just seems to have great appeal, especially something girls can relate to (what with the whole rebellion and going after what you want). And don't forget the psychological effects the color red has on the human mind.

My friend said Belle because she is a classic lady.

Now, your thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. daisybaby

daisybaby Earning My Ears

I agree with you, Ariel seems like the most popular. She won the poll on another forum I go to. But my personal favorite is Belle. I relate to her the most. :)

4. Starclassic

Starclassic ‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and be

My favorite has always been Snow White. Second favorite is Belle. princess:

5. princess_ariel_85

princess_ariel_85 DIS Veteran

Ariel... then Mulan.

6. DisneysPrincess25

DisneysPrincess25 DisneyPrincess

Rapunzel and Ariel

7. AngelStitch

AngelStitch Stitch's #1 Fan

I always thought Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella were the most popular.

8. Dumbo Mad

Dumbo Mad DIS Veteran

My fav has always been Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), then Cinderella. Don't know why....

9. santadog

santadog DIS Veteran

My favorite princess is Tigerlilly (because she's the only one I haven't had to wait in line with my DD6 to meet)

10. Nyrina4life

Nyrina4life Earning My Ears

I voted Rapunzel. But Belle was a close second. Love them both =) Mulan, I don't look at her as a Princess, but I do like her character a lot. Loved the movie.

11. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

My favorite is Belle but I also love Rapunzel.

12. AryaForQueen

AryaForQueen .*:*.*Queen in the North*.*:*.

i think most can relate to belle and her desire to escape the droll of everyday life. also, the fact that she values what's inside, and not the other way around. she's just awesome overall- my favorite behind only mulan. :goodvibes

13. Kylie90210

Kylie90210 Earning My Ears

I assumed Cinderella or Ariel.

14. julayla

julayla Earning My Ears

I voted for Belle. She has spunk and beauty, she's willful, and she's smart. I've also seen a lot of little girls dressed up as Belles in the parks.

But then, I can't ignore Cinderella. On the one hand, her personality doesn't do much for me; she's passive, slaves away for her stepfamily, and lets herself get pushed around. She only gets what she wants thanks to her mouse friends and fairy godmother. But she honestly has the most "classic" princess elements of all. Not just a pretty dress, but glass slippers, a fairy godmother, an enchanted pumpkin coach, and her own castle in Disney World to boot. And she sings about making wishes. That's Disney all over.

Having a nice dress and a distinct look helps. Ariel's unique look comes as much from her fish tail as her red hair, but it's hard to come up with a convincing mermaid costume.

15. AndreeaScott

AndreeaScott Mouseketeer

My all time favorite princess is Jasmine and after it Cinderella. Both of her are very pretty. They are always at the top position for me when asking for favorite princess.

16. katerina

katerina Earning My Ears

I'm a Little Mermaid fan. When I first saw this when I was still a kid, I really wanted to be a mermaid because of the movie. :)

17. poppyinwonderland

poppyinwonderland Earning My Ears

I voted cinderella because even though she is not my favorite is think that she is one of teh most well know, well other then snow white that is! :rotfl:

18. BelleBriarRose

BelleBriarRose Disney Princess

I voted Belle because she is my favorite, but I think poppyinwonderland is right, that Cinderella is the one who first comes to mind for most people when they hear "Disney princess."

19. Disneyfreak616

Disneyfreak616 DIS Veteran

I would say Cinderella is the most popular, because her story is so classic and well known. I would say Belle is a close runner-up though. My personal favorite is definitely Ariel.

20. MissAshley85

MissAshley85 Nobody minds. nobody cares. Pathetic that's what i

I voted for Cinderella because she's the one that comes to mind when I think 'Disney Princess' and even though she's not the first princess, I think a lot of people identify with the story of Cinderella, mainly because of the glass shoe. It's a more identifiable story than say Mulan's story.
    My favorite princess is Aurora who doesn't seem to get much love, but I love Ariel and Belle just as well.

21. Queenofspoons

Queenofspoons Dreaming of Disney World

Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel for me.