Most indulgent 1 TS credit meal.........

rozac

Mouseketeer
We're looking for the "best" meals out there. Someone told us the Surf & Turf dinner at Rose & Crown was their "favorite meal they ever had at WDW". That is what prompted this question.......we've been to Disney 5x & never even considered eating at Rose & Crown. What else have we been missing? We'd love to hear your favorite meals, so we can experience some new dishes on our next trip in August. Thank you!!

:cool1:, :banana:, :yay:, :woohoo:

There are a couple of meals at La Hacienda de San Angel, under "Parrillada": La Hacienda (meat) and Del Mar (seafood), that are for two people. Even so, the amount of food you get, and the quality, are pretty indulgent. You will have to add in a margarita if you want one, because it isn't on the DDP, but it makes a nice addition.

'Ohana at the Poly is an all-you-care-to-eat-grilled-meat experience, and it can be quite indulgent, as well. Three out of four meals there have been good for us.

Everyone seems to rave about Victoria and Albert, but your pocketbook will take a big hit there. Doing the Chef's table is really special if money is not an object.

Also, Narcosse's is wonderful. I like it there when you can see the MK fireworks. I would make a reservation about an half hour before the schedule fireworks time. You need to book early to get a table at that time.

Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian is a nice treat.

Although the food is just okay, we like Coral Reef for the atmosphere. Having the tank to watch is really neat.

Doing Chefs de France when Remy is doing a show is neat, too.

The Royal Table in Cinderella's Castle is worth going to once for the view.

We like some of the character dining options.

You really can't go wrong with any signature restaurant.

DEA......The "parrielada" looks delish!! Thinks we're going to try that :)
We never miss "Ohana - love it!

Bete.....I agree with CDF & CR, but we've never tried the CRT. Maybe we'll look into that one a little more :) **All the signatures are 2 TS credits**

Keep 'em coming!!

Everyone seems to rave about Victoria and Albert, but your pocketbook will take a big hit there. Doing the Chef's table is really special if money is not an object.

Also, Narcosse's is wonderful. I like it there when you can see the MK fireworks. I would make a reservation about an half hour before the schedule fireworks time. You need to book early to get a table at that time.

Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian is a nice treat.

Although the food is just okay, we like Coral Reef for the atmosphere. Having the tank to watch is really neat.

Doing Chefs de France when Remy is doing a show is neat, too.

The Royal Table in Cinderella's Castle is worth going to once for the view.

We like some of the character dining options.

You really can't go wrong with any signature restaurant.

The OP specifically asked about 1TS credit restaurants. But Bete is correct in that the most indulgent meals will all be found at the signature restaurants, or at the non-Disney restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin.

As for the OPs request for 1TS meals, some of our favourites (based on taste rather than quantity or ambiance) would include Sanaa, Raglan Road, La Hacienda, and Tutto Italia. Hopefully, once we've tried BOG in a couple of weeks, we can add it to our list of favourites.

There are a couple of meals at La Hacienda de San Angel, under "Parrillada": La Hacienda (meat) and Del Mar (seafood), that are for two people. Even so, the amount of food you get, and the quality, are pretty indulgent. You will have to add in a margarita if you want one, because it isn't on the DDP, but it makes a nice addition.

'Ohana at the Poly is an all-you-care-to-eat-grilled-meat experience, and it can be quite indulgent, as well. Three out of four meals there have been good for us.

x2 for Ohana! :)

We're looking for the "best" meals out there. Someone told us the Surf & Turf dinner at Rose & Crown was their "favorite meal they ever had at WDW". That is what prompted this question.......we've been to Disney 5x & never even considered eating at Rose & Crown. What else have we been missing? We'd love to hear your favorite meals, so we can experience some new dishes on our next trip in August. Thank you!!

Not to be rude or mean to you, but Im not even going to answer this because the next thing you know WDW will pull it from 1TS credit to 2TS in a heartbeat. :scared1:

Top choice: Sanaa at AKV. I like the slow cooked in gravy entree. My two personal favorites are the butter chicken and the beef short ribs. It comes with some outstanding basmati rice. If you go before the sun sets, you have lovely savannah views which makes it unique.

Second choice: Marrakesh at Epcot. Vegetable cous cous. Also, the goat cheese appetizer is one of my favorites at WDW and worth paying OOP for in my opinion. The decor and belly dancer make this a more exotic location for dining.

Third choice: Turf Club at SSR. The New York Strip is nice there. The atmosphere is quieter than most of the 1 TS restaurants so it feels a bit more upscale.

I know this is about TS credit, but I would like to add that Wolfgang puck express is a GREAT option to use your QS credit. The food is excellent, better than some TS places.

Boma
'Ohana

This is up for debate, but I like the Akershus breakfast. There's plenty of fresh fruit, eggs, etc., plus you get a free portrait package. It's a solid deal.

I guess you need to better define what the OP means by "indulgent."

If they're talking gluttonous and driven by shear volume, then I would need to say Whispering Canyon at WL. Take the never-ending skillet and pair it with bottomless mason jars of milkshakes and they'll be rolling you out of there.

If "indulgent" is more along the lines of delicious and succulent, then that opens a whole new can of worms. I am trying "Ohana for the first time during my next trip and from what I've heard, it's poised to take the cake.

I guess you need to better define what the OP means by "indulgent."

If they're talking gluttonous and driven by shear volume, then I would need to say Whispering Canyon at WL. Take the never-ending skillet and pair it with bottomless mason jars of milkshakes and they'll be rolling you out of there.

If "indulgent" is more along the lines of delicious and succulent, then that opens a whole new can of worms. I am trying "Ohana for the first time during my next trip and from what I've heard, it's poised to take the cake.

Whispering Canyon Cafe no longer offers the Skillet at any meal. There is now a "platter" and you are able to choose 3 mains to be included on the platter. The choices are not the same as were on the skillet. I think there are 5 options and you can choose 3. There are no a la carte choices now at dinner and lunch is only a la carte - no skillet nor "platter".

By indulgent - I mean delicious, different, higher-quality items that would feel like a "treat". I've never finished a meal at WDW, so portion size doesn't matter to me. But I do love a delicious entree & dessert :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter