Most family members you've flown with on the same flight?

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
We just finished making plane reservations for our trip this summer. What an ordeal trying to coordinate everyone's schedules! Originally, my husband and I were going to drive cross-country, then we decided it would make more sense to fly. Our son and younger daughter were going to leave a few days after us, also driving. Our older daughter and son-in-law were originally going to fly out a week after us. Everyone had different days they were travelling to and from our destination.

Everyone has now rearranged their schedules so that we're all arriving and leaving on the same flights. We managed to reserve eight seats in three consecutive rows on all four flights.

Our family group consists of six adults, one toddler and one infant. There will be strollers, car seats, a pack 'n play, and who knows how many other items coming along with us. We'll be arriving at the airport from three separate locations, so three cars to park.

I told my husband, it'll be fun to all travel together, as long as it doesn't turn into a three-ring circus.:rotfl2:

Anyway, kind of a fluff thread, but curious... what is the largest number of family members (not friends or other groups) that you've flown with on the same flights?:)

my parents and I only real family vacation when I was about 20 or so, DM sat in between DF and myself and put our hands in a death grip before the plane left the tarmac.

Usually now it's just me and DD12

16 of us flew to Ireland for my son's wedding. Took a lot of their small cars (thank God for friends) to get us and our luggage to our Bed and Breakfast.

We take our adult children and their families on vacation every other year. Sometimes we go to WDW and sometimes elsewhere. There are 12 total.

16 of us flew to Ireland for my son's wedding. Took a lot of their small cars (thank God for friends) to get us and our luggage to our Bed and Breakfast.

You had enough people to charter your own plane.:lmao: Seriously, that sounds like an awesome trip, and I bet everyone had a lot of fun!

We take our adult children and their families on vacation every other year. Sometimes we go to WDW and sometimes elsewhere. There are 12 total.

When our older daughter got married, our gift to them was an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for their honeymoon. We told them, "That's the good news." The bad news was that the rest of the family was going with them.:lmao: There were six of us on that flight.

I have a large family who always has 1 summer trip. We usually fly together. Its 12 adults and 11 kids ages 2-12.(just parents, siblings and kids). Its usually an easy go and we always have a great time. We've flown, cruised, driven. I love it!

My dad and his wife took all of us kids, spouses, and grandkids to Ireland for 2weeks. We were all on the same flight from Chicago to Shannon. It was a blast! Since we were booked as a group, we were all stuck in the middle section and took up 6 rows!

We had 16 on one trip to WDW. DH and I flew separately. The rest on the same flights. We arrived around lunch time. Took in a park and dinner then to bed early for the first big day. They stumbled in around midnight and didn't get to bed until 2 am. The kids woke them at 7.

My 5 brothers & our families went to Maui Hawaii. We started our trip in different airports, but all ended up in Los Angles on the same flight to Maui & back. It was awesome for us to fly together & spend 2 weeks in Maui. And we met more family members over ther, I think we were 26 all together. Try making dinner reservations for 26 people!

Just 5

When I was a kid growing up there were 5 in our family...and now as an adult with my own husband and kids...the last time we flew was before my youngest was born. Now, with 6 in our family, it's too expensive to fly for our vacations. We roadtrip everywhere!

16 family members (our Grand Gathering). The funny thing is my best friend's family did their Grand Gathering the same time so her family (8) was on the same plane on the way down to Disney as we were.

The most family members would just be our immediate family so 5. I flew to Germany with 100 friends from high school for an orchestra tour though.

I think it was around 20 or 25, JFK to Rome for a family reunion. It was when there were still smoking sections on some planes, and all of us with Italian sounding last names (we were on Al Italia) were put in with the smokers, and more "American" last names were in the non-smoking section!

Wow, a lot of large family groups travelling together! And I thought eight was a big group!:laughing:

Technically "family" was 5 ... but we went with a group on a cruise and there were 60 of us together.

Unfortunately our first flight was delayed in taking off and so we were RUNNING through the 2nd airport trying to catch our connection. They actually held the plane for us since there were 60 of us. It was nuts, but we made it. We only took off about 10 minutes after we should have anyway.

It's kinda crazy when you're on a plane and know that many people on it.

My dad and his wife took all of us kids, spouses, and grandkids to Ireland for 2weeks. We were all on the same flight from Chicago to Shannon. It was a blast! Since we were booked as a group, we were all stuck in the middle section and took up 6 rows!

Wow, that sounds like fun!

The most family I've flown with was five. We went to Miami last winter, then drove down to Key West. We met up with more family when we got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter