Most Embarassing things that happened to you on DCL! Fun!

cruisinthecarribean

Mouseketeer
I was hoping that you guys would share some stories about your times on DCL. It can be any topic. Share as many stories as you like. I am am a good listener, and will love them all FOR SURE! :goodvibes

My Stories

1. I was getting a pastry at breakfast, when a man bumped me, and the frosting spilled all over my shirt! I looked like a real pig, and was embarassed all of breakfast. :rotfl2:

2. We were walking down the isle when we saw pluto. I said, "Hi Goofy!" and a man walked up and said, "Uhhh that's pluto" My DD was very embarassed! :goodvibes

Okay, I can top yours...

We had just gotten off of the Doubloon in St. Thomas and were walking along the small pier to get back to the cruise ships. I was busy talking and not paying attention and I walked right off the pier and ended up in the harbor. :rolleyes: Luckily, I didn't get hurt too badly and I now have a vacation story that my kids will never let me forget...... :rotfl2:

:lmao: Cristi,

I'm sorry but I read this to my DD 11 and she could not believe this happened. She was always so worried that her sister would fall over that I had told her that nobody would get so close that they would fall in. Of course she is a competion swimmer and could save all of us if we fell in. I don't think she will ever let me live it down that someone has actually fell in.

Yeah, the first thing that went through my mind when I hit the water was,"I can't believe that I fell in!" the second was,"swim up quick, the kids are freaking out". You should have seen everyone's faces when I popped up out of the water. I did feel like quite the idiot! DS tells me now that if we walk on a pier that I should really hold Daddy's hand so I don't fall in..... :lmao:

My DD will never live this down, especially since we have it on video. Went to Carlos & Charlies in Cozumel after spending the morning on the Catamaran Fury excursion party: :drinking1 with DB, DSIL, DD1, DD2, DS. DD1 & I were designated to get everyone back to cruise ship after the party :drinking1 . DD2 was dancing and we didn't realize how much she had until we started to leave. DB had to carry DD2 back to the ship and the crewmembers saw us coming. Rushed a wheelchair to us and had her in our cabin so quickly that we couldn't keep up(but not before a few "accidents" on the way back). By the time we made it to the cabin there were fans up and down our hall and the wheelchair was sitting outside our cabin. Very humilating. :blush: :blush: :blush: Can't even imagine what our neighbors thought. Spent the rest of the cruise tipping any crewmember that mentioned "the incident". :rolleyes1 One ingenius father did use the incident to his advantage. When DD2 was being wheelchaired to the room, a father with a small daughter passed by. The little girl said "what's wrong with her daddy?". He replied "she's been drinking". The little girl said "oh, that's scary" and her dad replied "yes, it it. That is why you never want to drink".
DD2 then returned the next year with her boyfriend (that proposed at Palos on that cruise). They hung out with the castmembers and it was her turn to hang her head in shame, as the castmembers remembered the incident.

cristit14 said:
Okay, I can top yours...

We had just gotten off of the Doubloon in St. Thomas and were walking along the small pier to get back to the cruise ships. I was busy talking and not paying attention and I walked right off the pier and ended up in the harbor. :rolleyes: Luckily, I didn't get hurt too badly and I now have a vacation story that my kids will never let me forget...... :rotfl2:

Oh no, i am laughing and i know it was not nice but i feel you laugh now after this happen. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

It is good for kids to have memory that!!

I am so clumspy woman and pray hope nothing happen cos I always end up funny

Scottishwee35

My embarassing moment was only seen by my family. While on an excursion at the beach in St. Thomas I broke a toe. While in the water my husband stepped back and I stepped forward. His heel broke my toe. Anyhooo

We were travelling with my son6 months, and my parents. As soon as we boarded they gave me a wheelchair. Mom pushed the wheelchair. DH carried had ds in front carrier and Dad carried all our bags. The medical area looks like a submarine and very much unlike the rest of the ship. There are these doorways with little ramps. Mom had trouble pushing the chair over the doorway. DH said, "get a running start". Can you see what happened next? Mom runs with me in the chair. The chair stops at the doorway and I go flying--broken toe and all. Now I'm on the floor and they're all laughing hysterically. Mom is crossing her legs because she's afraid she's going to pee on the floor from laughing.

My most embarrassing moment came aboard The Magic..although it turned out to be a benefit to me.

I was pulled up on stage by Freddy Fusion to perform with him and his pet duck, Bill. Now mind you, everyone in the WDT had their hand up to do this, including my DH and DD, but NOT me. So, who did he pick...ME. I was so embarrassed. A card trick was performed and some time during this "performance" Bill sat on my head!!!! Now, don't flame me, but I am
deathly afraid of birds, ducks, geese, etc. so it was even worse for me. I could see my DD and DH ROFL and I was totally humiliated!!!!

After the show, on our way to dinner, I was stopped in the hallway on the way to PC, by former Trading Spaces host, Paige Davis and her husband,
Patrick(both on board to perform and do Q & A) and she told me how funny I was and that I was a good sport. We became "shipboard" friends with them
all week, and so I guess it was worth it.

Imagine, standing on the WDT stage with a duck on your head..........
It's funny now, but it wasn't then.....

Oh well I guess it was worth it to meet Paige and Patrick......

BEWARE OF FREDDY FUSION.... lol

Phyllis :crazy: :firefight

My DW and I were on the Wonder and we were wanting to play their version of the "Newlywed" Game. We had read that the best way to get picked was to do something crazy. When the host asked for volunteers we jumped up and I picked my wife up and ran across the stage only to trip over the riser and land on my back with my wife on top of me. The host of the show was kind enough to pick us over the laughter and I got the feeling back in my legs a week or so later. We did win the game and got some nice gold medals, I still think the CMs rigged it to cover my shame!

Well, not exactly embarrasing moments but fun nonetheless and certain Disney moments. I was recently onboard the Magic, and since my teenage boys abandoned me the entire time and I'm a single parent, I was forced to make new friends - :goodvibes - We were on deck 10 overlooking the big tv to sun and watch a movie and I'm looking around like the diva I am for towels. Voicing my concern: Are there any towels up here? I turn around and a Disney attendant is standing there with a whole truck shelf thing of towels - what service. Then I drop my pencil from my puzzle book and looking around can't find it when a Disney hostess was walking by and magically my pencil appeared at her feet, she picked it up and handed to me. Wow, again, what service. Both of these incidents happened simultaneously which would have made for an excellent commercial. Me and my new found friend have always appreciated Disney service - but what a way to tell everyone. ;)

mattmommy said:
My embarassing moment was only seen by my family. While on an excursion at the beach in St. Thomas I broke a toe. While in the water my husband stepped back and I stepped forward. His heel broke my toe. Anyhooo

We were travelling with my son6 months, and my parents. As soon as we boarded they gave me a wheelchair. Mom pushed the wheelchair. DH carried had ds in front carrier and Dad carried all our bags. The medical area looks like a submarine and very much unlike the rest of the ship. There are these doorways with little ramps. Mom had trouble pushing the chair over the doorway. DH said, "get a running start". Can you see what happened next? Mom runs with me in the chair. The chair stops at the doorway and I go flying--broken toe and all. Now I'm on the floor and they're all laughing hysterically. Mom is crossing her legs because she's afraid she's going to pee on the floor from laughing.

:rotfl2: Oh my gosh, this brought tears to my eyes, i can see it happening right in front of me! Thanks for the giggles!!

My husband and I went to eat at Palo for brunch. We left our champagne glasses at our table and then went to get our food. We came back and we were drinking our champagne when the waiter came up and said our table was actually 3 tables away. We were drinking someone else's champagne! Needless to say watching the waiters explain why they were taking away their champagne glasses to the other people was embarrassing.

Jen

Cash and I were on our way to the next stop on the shore excursion, Orient Beach...Our little group had just toured the Butterfly ranch and we were all on our way to a little party when the weather turned ugly and by the time we got to the beach things were so bad that we decided that the ship would be a better place to whoop it up . Before heading back I, of course, requested the usual last-chance pit stop and proceeded to hike down the sandy path to the little ocean-front bar and the facilities there. I heard the splashing of water from the wash-off showers as I opened the restroom door and noticed a puddle of water creeping out from the shower area. Then, oops, down I went flat on my back as my sandy shoe met the growing puddle with Cash nearly on top of me. I heard a gasp, then a cry of concern, as two gentlemen, hearing first the slap of my rear, then the crack of my head as I met the tile floor, hopped out of the shower. One straddled my soggy form and pulled me upright, patted Cash's head, and disappeared, with the other, back into the shower. It all happened very fast but I remembered my mother's admonition to do unto others, as I called a shaky thanks in their direction and left the men's room...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter