Most compact resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by abbysmom, Feb 1, 2004.

1. abbysmom

abbysmom Mouseketeer

Hi,
    I would like to stay at a more compact resort, I like the feel of a smaller resort, I am interested in all of the disney owned properties. I like when it doesnt seem like such a long distance to the busses, food courts, restaurants, pools. Can anyone tell which resort is the smallest? Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. hockey mom

hockey mom <font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at

I am going to say Port Orleans french Quarter. I have never stayed there but used the pool when we were guests of Dixie landing.

4. palmtreegirl

palmtreegirl Loving life in Florida

The Port Orleans French Quarter is the smallest moderate resort. It's set to reopen this March after being refurbished.

I think the Contemporary Tower rooms could be considered the smallest deluxe. If you stay in the Tower the monrail, stores & restuarants are all an elevator ride away in the same building. The pool is just steps away outside the tower, as well as the bus stop right.

Hope that helped you out!

5. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

I'm pretty sure the Villas at Wilderness Lodge is the smallest resort. :) The smallest hotel would be the BoardWalk Inn.

6. Kermit

Kermit <font color=blue>New Mama to Baby Jacob!</font><br

I agree that the tower rooms at the Contemporary would probably insure you the shortest walk to everything. Other resorts might technically be smaller, but at the Contemporary, you have the advantage of knowing what section your room will be in when you make the reservation.

For the moderates, the walks at POFQ aren't bad at all.

7. Kimberle

Kimberle <font color=darkorchid>WL Vet<br><font color=blue>

WL is the most compact.

It has around 850 rooms. Nothing is more than a few minutes walk.

8. MAGICinMYHEART

MAGICinMYHEART <font color=FF0066<b>WL Vet</b><br><font color=gre

Cool did some checking Wilderness Lodge has total 728 rooms Plus the 136 Villas...total 865: Contemporary Tower has 500 rooms plus North and South Garden Wings combined another 500 rooms...total 1000: BoardWalk Inn has 378 rooms Plus the 383 Villas...total 761 total. I check several more but CaliforniaDreaming is correct BoardWalk Inn is the smallest Resort even with the Villas added...BC had 583 rooms 205 Villas total 788, YC has 630 rooms total YC BC BCV would be 1418 rooms: I'm stoping now.

Kimberle,
    Was also correct, the WL has a very cozy, home like feeling.

9. abbysmom

abbysmom Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone!

10. sherry8253

sherry8253 <font color=blue>The TF hopes to brighten your day

I think the Swan is fairly small too. It was very easy to get around and we did not have to walk far - even to the bus or boat to MGM & Epcot.

11. jaysue

jaysue DIS Veteran

Assuming it is open, I think POFQ has the most "intimate" feeling of the resorts

thanks
    jaysue

12. sweetheart2576

sweetheart2576 Disney Fanatic

If looking for a moderate, french quarter is definitely the most compact. If you have kids, they will love the serpant slide there. They have a boat ride to downtown disney which is nice. In my opinion this resort is beautiful. If it is a deluxe you are looking for, Wilderness Lodge would be a sure bet.

13. FloraFauna

FloraFauna DIS Veteran<br><font color=magenta>I was really go

At the Wilderness Lodge, I felt like I was close to everything. The bus stop, food court, swimming pool, the boat ride to MK, the geyser that erupts every hour and arcade were all very close to each other.

14. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

I have found that Port Orleans French Quarter & the Wilderness Lodge are two of the most compact resorts on property. These also happen to be my two favorites. No matter what room you are in, it's a quick walk to everything.

15. HitchhikingGhost

HitchhikingGhost 999 happy haunts!

POFQ is very, very nice, and gets my vote.