Mosquitoes in mid/late-October?

Dominion

Mouseketeer
We are headed to Disney in two weeks and I'm curious if mosquitoes are bad there? They were still around and causing misery here up until a week ago. Or does Disney take care of that as well?? ;-)
I just hate to get bit and would rather come prepared with long pants and/or spray if its needed.
Thanks!

We've never gotten mosquito bites at Disney. We've gone at all times of the summer, when it's hot and rainy.
My DGD is very allergic to the bites and if there was one in 100 miles it would find her and bite her over and over again.
So I'm going with they do something very quietly to keep them at bay

I usually get bit up pretty bad if I'm out in the evening. They ignore DH and rip me up! But I will say that I very rarely have ever had a bite on me while at WDW. I always bring spray with me just in case but almost never use it.

Disney definitely handles this situation very well.

Yet another reason to love Disney. I'm also one of those people that is very allergic to the bites and is always the first to get bitten.

Thanks all!!

We were there from 9/19 through 9/29 and our CM friend was bitten during our GF stay and also while walking through Epcot.

I'm also allergic to mosquito bites so I carried the insect repellent wipes with me and applied every evening at dusk.

We were there from 9/19 through 9/29 and our CM friend was bitten during our GF stay and also while walking through Epcot.

I'm also allergic to mosquito bites so I carried the insect repellent wipes with me and applied every evening at dusk.

Ok, maybe I'll take some of the wipes with me for evenings then...

Was there last year at the end of October and stayed in the Cabins at FW and never once felt a bug

I had an ap last year and went dozens of times. Never got a bite. Disney releases millions of predator bugs every year to solve the problem.

I don't know what the Orlando parks do for pest control, but whatever they do is AMAZING. (42 trips since 1971) It's the only warm weather place that I've been to where I have never gotten a mosquito bite. I'm a mosquito magnet and even decided against taking a freebie deal on a Caribbean cruise due to Chikungunya and just not wanting to be loading up with deet spray all the time. I'd rather do a short visit to Orlando and not have to use deet!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter