Morimoto Asia Dinner Review

FeralCatRogue

DIS Veteran
I booked Morimoto on open table for 10/3. The booking was a bit haphazard, but when I arrivedmy reservation was there. The building looks great and we were seated quickly. There are mainly only tables for 2 people that are quite small and they come with chopsticks at all tables. We ordered the crab ragoon (3 long sticks) and tempura shrimp (nice sharableportion) for an appetizer and it was delicious. We were going to order the calimari starter but were warned it was a huge entree poirtion. For our dinner my mom ordered orange chicken and I got 3 kinds of dim-sum. This is when we ran into problems my mom's entreewas devlivered mine wasnot. I watched multiple dim-sum orders being delivered to other tables. By this time i was starving and bored so i made up a haiku about it.

fifteen minutes more
dim sum brought to others before
no dim sum love here

We asked a few times and mine finally arrived over 30 minutes later. It was just normal run of the mill dim sum so it was a let down after waiting so long. We did not order desert because the gelato comes from the viva gelato place so we rathered to get fresh, and all deserts are made huge to share between 2 people. Even though my entree came so late we were offered no money off or anything. I don't think I'd go back though the appetizers were quite good, the service was not anywhere near where i'd expect from a restaurant were i'm paying on average 30 dollars an entree.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about the place people have I try to stay as impartial as possible when looking at aresturant that I know i'll write areview of,but it is hard when things were handled so poorly.

Not disagreeing with your review, your points are obviously valid as you experienced them

As someone, who worked in a fine dining establishment. I never go into a new restaurant, until a few months after the grand opening. This gives them time to work out systems. Allows the kitchen and the front of the house to get in-sync, etc. Plus allows them to weed out staff that do not quite "get it".

I don't think I'd go back though the appetizers were quite good, the service was not anywhere near where i'd expect from a restaurant were i'm paying on average 30 dollars an entree.

To each their own but I think in your situation, I'd likely give them a second chance considering they JUST opened. Restaurants and the new staff need time to work out the kinks and I would attribute your situation to just that. If they had been open for a while or this was your second visit after a few months, then it would be a different story.

Looking forward to trying it in three weeks!

I booked Morimoto on open table for 10/3. The booking was a bit haphazard, but when I arrivedmy reservation was there. The building looks great and we were seated quickly. There are mainly only tables for 2 people that are quite small and they come with chopsticks at all tables. We ordered the crab ragoon (3 long sticks) and tempura shrimp (nice sharableportion) for an appetizer and it was delicious. We were going to order the calimari starter but were warned it was a huge entree poirtion. For our dinner my mom ordered orange chicken and I got 3 kinds of dim-sum. This is when we ran into problems my mom's entreewas devlivered mine wasnot. I watched multiple dim-sum orders being delivered to other tables. By this time i was starving and bored so i made up a haiku about it.

fifteen minutes more
dim sum brought to others before
no dim sum love here

We asked a few times and mine finally arrived over 30 minutes later. It was just normal run of the mill dim sum so it was a let down after waiting so long. We did not order desert because the gelato comes from the viva gelato place so we rathered to get fresh, and all deserts are made huge to share between 2 people. Even though my entree came so late we were offered no money off or anything. I don't think I'd go back though the appetizers were quite good, the service was not anywhere near where i'd expect from a restaurant were i'm paying on average 30 dollars an entree.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about the place people have I try to stay as impartial as possible when looking at aresturant that I know i'll write areview of,but it is hard when things were handled so poorly.

Thanks for your review. Was there a bar area where you can eat also? If so, is it a table area or just a long bar. Thanks!

Had not planned on stopping in this trip but was down there last night and just looking inside, the restaurant is stunning. Ultra modern for Disney Springs but am actually considering going back to try it.

Did you bring your concerns about your late entree (and entrees arriving at different times) to a manager? There really isn't anything they can do if you don't say anything...A server can't offer you anything except an apology but a manager can comp your meal, give you a gift card for future use or something similar. As it's a very new restaurant, I would also give them the benefit of the doubt and give it another chance once it's been open awhile.

Did you bring your concerns about your late entree (and entrees arriving at different times) to a manager? There really isn't anything they can do if you don't say anything...A server can't offer you anything except an apology but a manager can comp your meal, give you a gift card for future use or something similar. As it's a very new restaurant, I would also give them the benefit of the doubt and give it another chance once it's been open awhile.

I agree it's always worth talking,to a manager in these situations. Even if they don't comp you anything it gives the staff better chance to learn from the mistakes.

I am unsure about a bar area I didn't see one. They did have shorter floor tables in one section. The manager did know she showed up about 15 mins after and just said it would be out soon. Honestly i do want to go back again when the kinks are worked out and the dim sum brunch is open. I did enjoy what I had and wanted to try some other meals i saw pass me. And yes it really does look stunning inside! and you can watch them cook and see the peking duck waiting to be served. I hope others have a great experience and I defintely say try the shrimp tempura I would make a MEAL of that alone!

I'm really underwhelmed by the menu. Everything looks like pretty typical Asian fusion that I can get at a number of restaurants in my area. The lack of interesting sushi is particularly disappointing. I love a spicy tuna roll as much as the next person, but I was hoping there would be some more unusual options.

I'm really underwhelmed by the menu. Everything looks like pretty typical Asian fusion that I can get at a number of restaurants in my area. The lack of interesting sushi is particularly disappointing. I love a spicy tuna roll as much as the next person, but I was hoping there would be some more unusual options.
Agree about the sushi options. Was expecting many more.

They do have a separate sushi menu that is not online ,

^^^ This

We went on opening night and the sushi menu they presented us had many more options than the posted online menu would suggest. I cannot recall all of the options, know it is much more though. We enjoyed our night at the sushi bar!!

What is the difference between booking a regular table and booking the sushi bar? I didn't realize there were two options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter