*More* Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews! (May 9 - May 17) With lots of pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2Great review! Looking forward to reading more.

Interesting about the noting vegan thing. I'm glad to hear that they changed it since last fall. Every CM I spoke with last fall I was told it could not be done.:confused3 Seemed silly at the time, but who knows!

Great review so far!!!

Thank you so much for all the veggie info! We don't eat much meat at all, so this is very helpful for us!

Wonderful photos too! :teeth:

Thank you so much for the detailed reviews! While I'm not vegan, just vegetarian, I'm only 16 so my parents' don't really take my diet into consideration when we vacation. Your reviews are very helpful and the pictures are gorgeous! You've made me veryyy excited for my trip to WDW in October. :goodvibes
Looking forward to the next update!

Great reviews! We have a vegan in the family, so this is really helpful info!!! I like to make sure that everyone will be happy with the dining choices. :)

I am really enjoying your detailed dining reviews (and pictures)! I am a vegetarian and enjoy seeking out places where I can find something good to eat on the menu (that isn't a salad!).

I enjoyed the Lighthouse Sandwich @ CHH and so did my mom, who isn't a vegetarian. :)

I love your reviews! I am vegetarian bordering on vegan and it is so nice to hear about all the good food. We are going for our very first trip, and I am pleasantly surprised to hear I don't have to eat salad and fries every day!

I'm glad you're enjoying them! You definitely don't have to eat salad and fries all day :) There are so many options at Disney, especially for a vegetarian!

:thumbsup2Great review! Looking forward to reading more.

Interesting about the noting vegan thing. I'm glad to hear that they changed it since last fall. Every CM I spoke with last fall I was told it could not be done.:confused3 Seemed silly at the time, but who knows!

I was suprised, too, since I don't think they noted it on our last trip. But I'm really glad they're able to note it now!

Great review so far!!!

Thank you so much for all the veggie info! We don't eat much meat at all, so this is very helpful for us!

Wonderful photos too! :teeth:

I'm glad the reviews are helpful! There aren't too many veg dining reviews on here, so I like to come back with plenty of pictures :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the detailed reviews! While I'm not vegan, just vegetarian, I'm only 16 so my parents' don't really take my diet into consideration when we vacation. Your reviews are very helpful and the pictures are gorgeous! You've made me veryyy excited for my trip to WDW in October. :goodvibes
Looking forward to the next update!

You're welcome! You won't have any trouble eating around WDW. There are so plenty options. :goodvibes

Great reviews! We have a vegan in the family, so this is really helpful info!!! I like to make sure that everyone will be happy with the dining choices. :)

That's very nice of you to consider other's diets when making the dining choices! :thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your detailed dining reviews (and pictures)! I am a vegetarian and enjoy seeking out places where I can find something good to eat on the menu (that isn't a salad!).

I enjoyed the Lighthouse Sandwich @ CHH and so did my mom, who isn't a vegetarian. :)

The Lighthouse Sandwich is super yummy. I try to avoid salad at all cost when eating out, so there definitely isn't much lettuce in my reviews ;)

After CHH, we used our Fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh and Buzz. We also saw Mickey's Phillharmagic. And then came the rain. We ducked into the Enchanted Tiki Room (a first for me!) to get out of the rain. It was still raining when we got out, so we rode Pirates and HM multiple times, then It's a Small World, and then stopped for some pretty pictures of the castle:

DD4-54-1.jpg

After that, we found a spot for Wishes and watched the show. After Wishes, we did some browsing in the shops on Main Street and headed back to Pop. Jon eats really late at home, so he was hungry. We stopped in the food court for some "snacks":

He got the veggie burger with cheese:
DD4-55-1.jpg

(Yes, again - But it really is a good veggie burger!)

I got some hummus, Wheat Thins, and some more cookies:
DD4-56-1.jpg

DD4-57-1.jpg

The hummus was ok, but with Wheat Thins? Ugh. Gross. I wish I had had some pretzels or something. I completely forgot we had pretzels in the room. Otherwise, I would have just taken the hummus back with us. The cookies were obviously awesome :goodvibes

I wanted to try the olive tapenade, but it contained anchovies. (boo!)

Coming Up: Rose and Crown, Kaki Gori, Boma

Mmmm, that veggie burger looks so tasty!!

Can you get them places other than Pop?

Today was our full Epcot day! It was also our 4 1/2-year anniversary day. I had originally planned for us to watch the Electric Water Pageant on the beach at the Polynesian, but that didn't work out. So we just spent the whole day at Epcot.

Our morning consisted of meeting Daisy and Stitch near the park entrance, riding Soarin', going to the Character Spot, riding Test Track and Mission Space, and exploring the Mexico and Norway pavillions.

Then it was time for our 12:00 ADR at Rose and Crown! So we headed to the United Kingdom pavillion and checked in:

DD5-1.jpg

DD5-2.jpg

DD5-3.jpg

We got our pager..
DD5-4.jpg

..and found a seat in the shade until our name was called seconds later.

We were seated in a little corner:
DD5-5.jpg

Right next to the pub area:
DD5-6.jpg

I can't remember our server's name, but she was the sweetest woman. I seriously loved everyone that worked here. Maybe it was just their accents, but they were all adorable and just so nice. Our server got the chef to come out and talk to us. He said the vegetable curry dish was vegan, but he could also make me something else if I preferred. I can't recall what he said he could make. It was something with a bunch of vegetables and perhaps barley? I can't remember. But I ordered the Vegetable Curry:

DD5-7.jpg

It was all SO good. The bread was seasoned with salt and pepper and it was perfectly warm and soft. the vegetables were cooked perfectly, and the curry sauce was mild and super yummy. I just wish the serving had been larger!

Jon ordered a bowl of Potato Leek Soup:
DD5-8.jpg

We didn't inquire about the stock that was used, so I can't comment on that. I wish Jon had ordered the vegetable curry, because he was still hungry after he was done and I know he would have liked it. I was worried it would be too spicy for him at first, so he didn't order it. He can't really handle certain spicy foods. We can't figure out what it is, though, because some spicy stuff doesn't bother him while other spicy stuff burns his mouth and throat. But this curry was very mild, so I wish he had ordered it.

DD5-9.jpg

I was still hungry after I finished, too. But I knew we had a huge buffet waiting on us five hours later, so I decided to stop there.

After lunch, we walked around World Showcase, meeting characters and visiting the different gardens and shops. When we arrived in Japan, we stopped for a snack. I had heard great things about Kaki Gori. I knew I wouldn't be able to choose one flavor, so I decided ahead of time that if we stopped here I would get the rainbow combination.

DD5-10.jpg

And rainbow is what I got:
DD5-11.jpg

With strawberry, melon, and tangerine flavors!

DD5-12.jpg

Jon got the same.

This was much better and much more flavorful than normal shaved ice. It was good at first, but then as it melted it just liquified into a yucky brown mess when the colors mixed together. I probably wouldn't get one again. But I'm glad I tried it.

After some more exploration of World Showcase and another ride on Test Track, we went into Club Cool:

DD5-13.jpg

DD5-14.jpg

Flavors I kind of liked: Krest Ginger Ale (Africa), Kinley (Israel), Lift (Mexico), and Smart [(?) China].

Coming Up: Boma!

:) Glad you like us brits! ;)

Can't wait for Boma!

Thanks for such a great update again!

Great reviews. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan but I find that I enjoy the vegetable and fruit based entrees more than the meat ones. I do eat meat occasionally but not often, so I'm really enjoying your reviews and I will definately remember your reccomendations on our upcoming trip. Sorry to hear about the Plaza meal, I wanted to try it next trip but after MANY bad reviews, decided not to chance it...especially after your review...how rude!

On a side note, ya'll made great time form the FL Welcome Center to WDW. How did you go? We live in GA, just over the line in the West Georgia and are debating which rout to take, as we've had reccomendations to go through AL and some say GA, so I jumped on the opportunity to ask you HOW you go. :confused3 PM, if you'd like since this is a DINING review...;) And an awesome one, at that!! :goodvibes

V_gan, Thanks for the Rose & Crown review. I think I'm going to try it on our visit. Do you recall (not that you have a reason to) if they had any veg options on children's menu?

I made our ADR's on our 90-day mark and got everything I wanted within a 30-minute range of the time I wanted. Between then and our trip, I cancelled our Yak and Yeti ADR and added on dinner at 'Ohana after reading a great review of Chef TJ. Unfortunately, we ended up with a different chef that night. You'll have to see how that turned out later on :goodvibes

I'm interested to see how this worked out! I am heading down to Disneyworld with my girlfriend in August and made an ADR for 'Ohana that I had to change (I had booked it for a Friday and learned later that chef TJ does not work on fridays or saturdays!) so after a bit of tinkering (there were no openings for a table for two at 'Ohana at ANY time during our stay that chef TJ was working, so I made an ADR for a party of 3... I got a tip from someone that doing that would somehow work...and it did). I'm eager to read your review of 'Ohana with the other chefs they have.

I just joined this site with the purpose of doing the same kind of photojournal/trip report that you've done. I think our expectations/hopes are similar (I'm vegan and my girlfriend is vegetarian/leaning vegan) so I'm interested in comparing when we get back from our trip in august.

One question I have for you - did you speak with a representative from Disney's Dietary Department (at least that's what I THINK it's called). When I make my initial ADRs a helpful cast member gave me the phone number to "the dietary line" which resulted (after a phone call and two emails) in me filling out a dietary request form that I was told would be sent to the restaurants I was eating at a day or so before our meal. I'm really interested to see if this worked out well for anyone else.

Nice reviews... Everything you are eating looks very yummy... This is nice review because maybe I'll make some healthier dining options when I go next time.

I have to admit, I wasn't going to read your report because I, myself, am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I have to say, I LOOOOVE your reviews!! I also love your pictures. You and your man are so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter