More than one owners locker???

. . . . . . . So for those that have 2 or more lockers I ask you this. Is it all about the convenience no matter the cost or is it to save money on luggage fees?

It is just for convenience. Certainly we try our best to maximize our dollars; at disney or the rest of the year, but trying to justify saving money on why we do things to get to Disney would be like considering the cheap floormats for the BMW. We can also tell friends that we now have two places in Florida to keep our stuff. :rolleyes1

And as you know, antlers will not fit in the overhead or under the seat. ;)

It is just for convenience. Certainly we try our best to maximize our dollars; at disney or the rest of the year, but trying to justify saving money on why we do things to get to Disney would be like considering the cheap floormats for the BMW. We can also tell friends that we now have two places in Florida to keep our stuff. :rolleyes1

And as you know, antlers will not fit in the overhead or under the seat. ;)

I like the way you roll Dizny Dad! :laughing:

I think I have been convinced a 2nd locker is the way to go. I wonder what DH will say when the 2nd locker shows up next month? :rolleyes1

I wonder what DH will say when the 2nd locker shows up next month? :rolleyes1
He'll say the exact same thing my partner said when ours showed up last year...

"How the heck is it that we've gone from one locker to two and I can't get the stupid lid on either one of them? Stop buying stuff to leave down here!"

He'll say the exact same thing my partner said when ours showed up last year...

"How the heck is it that we've gone from one locker to two and I can't get the stupid lid on either one of them? Stop buying stuff to leave down here!"

:rotfl2:

This is exactly what I'm having a hard time getting past. I know I could easily fill that 2nd locker, but is it really worth $200/yr plus the cost of multiple visits? I don't know.

So for those that have 2 or more lockers I ask you this. Is it all about the convenience no matter the cost or is it to save money on luggage fees?
Convenience. Definitely.

It's nothing I could ever justify with a spreadsheet. It's just nice to know that the things we'll need will be down there, and I don't have to deal with the 5-page killer packing list each trip.

I will relay, though, that an up-to-date inventory list is vital. Ask me about our trip this past July for which, unbeknownst to me, my partner packed no socks, shorts, or shirts for himself. Guess what was no longer in the Owner's Locker? We couldn't close the lid the year before, and had brought those things home with us. (One of the reasons we were having a second locker delivered.) We didn't have a car, so the next three days became a constant argument over, "I'm not going to pay that for a pair of shorts!" and "No, the shirt has to be nylon because cotton makes me break out," and "No, I'm not paying for a taxi to Walmart." I kept begging him to let me just run out and buy some new clothes for him, but he was having none of it. (I would have gladly paid the price of the taxi and new clothes to make the whole situation just go away.)

Fortunately, friends were joining us for the second part of our trip and had keys to our house. They brought his stuff down with them, and I could stop washing his one outfit every night.

This is exactly what I'm having a hard time getting past. I know I could easily fill that 2nd locker, but is it really worth $200/yr plus the cost of multiple visits? I don't know.

So for those that have 2 or more lockers I ask you this. Is it all about the convenience no matter the cost or is it to save money on luggage fees?

It's all about the convenience :) we fly from the UK and could bring 2 checked bags each - 6 for the 3 of us but would rather have only one or maybe 2. It's makes travelling easier and less stressful as I am not worrying that the airlines will lose our stuff!

OP - When I first read your post I immediately :lmao:!!!!! We always have to sit on ours to get it closed. Well, I do the sitting while DH does the muttering and sputtering trying to get it closed.:headache:

I am always amazed at the very end of our trip when we stuff in our air mattress and sheets! I keep thinking we should get a 2nd one just for the mattress but somehow it all fits!

We have 2, mostly for convenience. My DW wasn't real sure about my idea of getting OL at first, but just this trip admitted that it was a great idea. That's when the earth shook. Then she asked if she could squeeze her hairdryer in one. Of course I said "yes sweatheart". See what a guy can learn after only 26 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter