More Rules=My Broken Disney Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why disney has changed the whole system.

They changed the system because people were bringing back the same mugs from 1995 to use again, not because a family bought one mug for their two kids to share. They're going to expect that families with young kids to share mugs when they're almost $20 buck a piece. As the previous poster even said, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere that you can't share a mug. So silly!

I think the new rules are fine. Common sense says if you will not be using your ADR, cancel it. We usually only have 2, maybe 3 ADRs during an 8 day trip because we like the flexibility to be able to enjoy lunch or dinner when we'd like, not tied to a reservation. This may catch on! ;)

As for the mugs, I believe Disney is secretly trying to get us all to save $$$ and drink free, healthy, hydrating water! :goodvibes

They changed the system because people were bringing back the same mugs from 1995 to use again, not because a family bought one mug for their two kids to share. They're going to expect that families with young kids to share mugs when they're almost $20 buck a piece. As the previous poster even said, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere that you can't share a mug. So silly!

It's not only that. They put the 2.5 minute in between refills so that it makes it a little harder to fill the mug, dump it into another cup, then refill again, dump into another cup and so on. If you are physically sharing the same mug, it will still work, you just can't refill it for 2.5 min.

Instead of buying mugs why not do a grocery order? If you were looking at spending $100 you could fill your fridge and get snacks too and still save money :)

Where do you do a grocery order? I've been thinking about doing something like this just never knew how

Should Disney also expect that families with young kids are going to share meals at Boma when they're over $20 a piece?

starousse said:

Exactly!

If it was $17 per drink yes we would share!

good thing the refillable mugs aren't $17 per drink.

i think i'm understanding the theme though -- if you don't like the price of something, it's ok to take it without paying for it? especially if no one will enforce the rules. do i have it right?

i think i'm understanding the theme though -- if you don't like the price of something, it's ok to take it without paying for it? especially if no one will enforce the rules. do i have it right?
I think you are correct. I'm all for sharing!

freshmanjs said:

Sorry per mug, glass, cup, tumbler, vile etc....

If it was $17 per drink yes we would share!
Lol. Really? So it's ok to pay $3 per person for a drink for ONE meal...but $17 per person is not ok for a weeks worth?:rolleyes:

That's basically what's being said. If you don't like the rules, just bend them until they work for you.

Again, nothing is said anywhere about not using a mug between people. We also never filled mug, dumped it into another cup, and refilled mug. We would fill a mug, share it by the pool, and refill it again in 20 minutes. This policy doesn't even affect that.

Hmm. I wonder how long until your drink is somehow linked to your wrist band, and you have to scan your band before you can scan your mug?

Should Disney also expect that families with young kids are going to share meals at Boma when they're over $20 a piece?

I think one can obviously say that there's a difference in a sit down meal and a plastic cup. And buffets have rules written on their menu that sharing isn't permitted. There are no signs saying you can't share a drink.

I think one can obviously say that there's a difference in a sit down meal and a plastic cup. And buffets have rules written on their menu that sharing isn't permitted. There are no signs saying you can't share a drink.

If Disney posted a sign for everything you can't do in the parks or at the resorts, the whole place would be covered with signs. To me it would be obvious that if you buy a refillable mug that it was good for one person. After all, that is how Disney hands them out to people on the Dining Plan. One per guest. They don't give one to the whole group to share.

nah -- if the whole thing was about people using old mugs, they would not have put in the time between refills change.

They did that because the same people using the mugs from 1995 are the ones who are sitting in the food courts for a couple of hours constantly refilling their mugs just because it's "free".

If Disney posted a sign for everything you can't do in the parks or at the resorts, the whole place would be covered with signs. To me it would be obvious that if you buy a refillable mug that it was good for one person. After all, that is how Disney hands them out to people on the Dining Plan. One per guest. They don't give one to the whole group to share.

This is a food/drink related issue. How many signs regarding the "rules" for food and beverages need to be put in place here?

Why would it be obvious? Every establishment in Disney, including the signature restaurants do not care if people share. Whether it be a meal, an appetizer or an ice cream. It is only the buffets that clearly state that there is no sharing.

When you buy a package or they have a dining promotion, yes, of course they're going to give one mug per person and yes, some families with older kids or teens who drink soda all day long may want to purchase individual mugs for their kids. But I think it's ridiculous how people are getting into an uproar that someone buys one mug for their two toddlers to share, when there's not even a "rule" that says you can't.

This is a food/drink related issue. How many signs regarding the "rules" for food and beverages need to be put in place here?

Why would it be obvious? Every establishment in Disney, including the signature restaurants do not care if people share. Whether it be a meal, an appetizer or an ice cream. It is only the buffets that clearly state that there is no sharing.

When you buy a package or they have a dining promotion, yes, of course they're going to give one mug per person and yes, some families with older kids or teens who drink soda all day long may want to purchase individual mugs for their kids. But I think it's ridiculous how people are getting into an uproar that someone buys one mug for their two toddlers to share, when there's not even a "rule" that says you can't.

i'm not in uproar over that. however, to think that people are giving massive quantities of soda to toddlers does actually put me "in an uproar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter