More Romantic...Caribbean Beach or POR?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DadLightyear, Sep 3, 2013.

1. DadLightyear

DadLightyear WearTheYellowBand

I am trying to plan a "surprise" 3 day trip for my anniversary, and I can't decide on a resort. I'm on a moderate budget, and I'm going back and forth between Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach. I haven't stayed at either, so I'm looking for opinions. My wife and I originally honeymooned in Mexico, so I'm thinking about CB, but POR looks a lot more quiet and romantic. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mommyof3princess27

mommyof3princess27 What we've got here is failure to communicate

I Love POR!!!! I love the green lined walkways and the bridges... its very romantic to walk along the water at night. I love the atmosphere. I have never been to CBR so I cant comment but I vote POR!!!! And request a mansion building :)

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

5. marielynn724

marielynn724 DIS Veteran

POR is great for couples! it's very quite and romantic. 2 great activities you can do together are to take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the resort (which has lovely grounds) and take the ferryboat ride to downtown disney. carribean beach is a great resort, too, but it's more colorful and fun/vibrant. it's really a matter of different tastes, and I think between the 2, POR has the right vibe for romance :)

6. Aatif911

Aatif911 Mouseketeer

POR! So much more to do at POR than CBR.

7. TandLMommy28

TandLMommy28 DIS Veteran

POR, definitely. It's so beautiful and peaceful.

8. alc571

alc571 DIS Veteran

I'm another vote for POR - for all the reasons previously posted!! We love it so much we even bought the CDs of the New Orleans music played throughout so we can reminisce between visits. We LOVE POR!