more ipad questions

h518may

Mouseketeer
I am looking into getting an ipad, so DH can have the laptop to write. So I have been trying to decide which one. I have is narrowed down to 3. So give me your opinion on my chooses.

1. ipad 1 new 16gb for $399 (too save some money)

2. ipad 1 refurbished 32gb for $429 (for extra memory)

3.ipad 2 new 16gb for $499 (for the cameraand facetime)

So do I want for memory or get a few more features with the newer one, I know my son would love the camera feature. We think we are getting him a ipod touch with the camera for his birthday. So we could use the face time with the two.

I also have a iphone 3gs.

Any ideas on which to buy.

DH got me a refurb 32 with 3G for Xmas. Love it! (I don't have an iPhone so that's why I wanted the 3G.)

I think you have to figure out how much storage you may need since I don't believe you can upgrade that.

I was told that if you download a lot of pictures and movies then you want to go with the 32 or 64.

Probably not a lot of help I am huh?!

Good luck....I think whatever you choose you will love it!

Hi there, i am also planning on getting one very soon...I am lucky, and am using my airmiles to get mine free. Of course, airmiles still doesnt have the ipad 2 on their site, only the ipad 1....I do believe i am going to wait for them to put the new one on and i am going for the 64 GB...I have an ipod touch (32GB) which is great, because i do have tons of room on it...If you plan on putting movies on, they do use up a lot of room, and i would recommend the bigger one...I want to be able to facetime and skype with it when i travel, which is one of the reasons i want the newer one :cool1:

I just bought one on craigslist today in mint condition. 2 months old 32gb 1st gen with a nice apple case. 10 months of warranty left. I got this for my son so did not want to pay for a 3G plan. There are so many on craigslist because people are wanting to get an upgrade.

I have a 16gb. I have about over 1000 songs and all the harry potter and twilight movies on it. Many apps and lots of books. It's about full. But I feel like it has a lot of space.

I try to go with the biggest I can afford when it comes to memory and my electronics so I went ahead and got the 64gb model.

At this point I have used about half of my memory. I have 23 movies, 1 one hour tv show, about 450 songs and about 20 apps/games.

However you can easily move things on and off the ipad through iTunes, so if you run out of room just take things you don't use off. You can always put them back on later if needed.

best buy has the 1st generation 32gb for 499 only a little more than the refurbished one you are looking at...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter