More good stuff for Disney Springs - will this now be a must do destination?

Probably get flamed for this.....but have never understood the DTD draw. ( just asked the fam, and most were neutral, but said they like looking in the stores when it isn't busy.)

I like Raglan Road. Is the shopping there ultra unique? Not that I can tell. Plus, it just seems crazy busy every time.

Agreed. I don't fly all the way across the country to go to restaurants that aren't any better than those in Seattle. Plus I am not going to shop for stuff that I can just order online. I go to Disney to go on rides.

I used to spend an afternoon and evening at DTD but didn't even bother last trip (construction walls, impossible traffic). Looks like I will be back for the next trip.

We'll likely go once like we usually do. It's good that they're improving it but we aren't drawn to more restaurants. We shop and eat once and we're done.

We do the same at Citywalk. We prefer Citywalk for a restful lunch but its convenience makes that possible.

We are SO excited to go in December! We visit on every trip, but with the addition of Morimoto and Jock Lindsay's we are even more excited. The Boathouse also interests us, but it'll have to wait until next summer since this trip is a shorter one for us. We really enjoy the ability to visit different restaurants and bars after a long day at the parks when we want something different at night.

So there is no way to make a reservation for Morimoto on WDW.com. However if you go to their Facebook they have the reservation number. I decided to go ahead and make a lunch reservation. I have a free day before going to the MNSSHP, so I have an early lunch set. The menu (also on Facebook) looks outstanding.

I have only been to the marketplace. I went to Raglan Road for lunch and I got off of the launch when the market place dock was closed, but I've never been any further into that side of the area. I'm looking forward to looking around at what is there and what's coming.

You can also book for Morimoto on OpenTable or their app. Right now it's only available until the end of October, but I'm checking daily as I am determined to go on our trip in December and if I can get OpenTable points for it, why not!

ETA: I just looked again today and for the first time I got this message: "Morimoto Asia schedules only 48 days in advance. Check for an earlier date." I checked for 12/11, so I will have to check back in a bit to reserve for then.

We are SUPER excited about Jock's because my husband and kids especially are HUGE Indiana Jones fans. They were so excited when we found out about it! We usually schedule a half day to go over and eat and shop, because I can't miss World of Disney and the kids love the Lego store and Once Upon a Toy :)

Dumb question, but how do you get reservations on line? Or do you have call separately?

For us it will! This finally solves our answer of what to do at night. We don't visit WDW often, so when we go it's for a longer stay. We get tired of closing every night at Epcot (when parks close earlier) and empty hotel bars. With Disney Springs, it seems we now have a lot more options for good dinner and good drinks!
In my opinion, Disney Springs is a fantastic addition to the WDW resort and really looking forward to it when we come back. :)

For us as well. Was down there a couple weeks ago and spent an evening down there. Parking was a breeze, it looks great, could have spent hours just wandering in and out of places. The food smells were killing me, so many choices now. And there is still more being built. It's practically a 5th park but def an evening time destination especially during shorter park hours.

Depends,

I think Jock Lindsey's is a lounge so no reservations.

Morimoto Asia are being accepted via Open Table or calling 407-939-MOTO (6686).

I'm excited to see the new additions since our last trip. We usually spend a half day at DTD, shopping and activating our military tickets (so we don't have to waste park time.) We also don't shop at the parks.

We've always liked the shopping and moderate restaurants at DTD... and lately the evenings were just too crowded so hoping the redesign and expansion will make evenings good again. As long as they maintain a good mix of food options I don't mind a few upscale places. I'd like to see some more entertainment, including some outdoor bands like there used to be at PI (looks like they are making this possible now.) The only thing I am worried about is having only one bus stop. That's a big place for one bus stop, and could generate throngs of people going in and out of the bus stop. That was a big part of the crowd flow problem before, so hoping they realize this and have wide open spaces in front of the new bus stop. I wish they'd keep using the second stop around back of the West Side.

EDIT: Just read the Walt's and The Edison announcements. Perfect!

Last edited:
Yes, that is one of the places that could end up changing my mind. Have you heard this rumor as well? http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/09/17/disney-springs-to-add-a-walts-restaurant-and-more-news/

Those two places also sound amazing.

Sorry, I was mostly referring to the brand new places like Morimoto's and Boathouse. The food trucks sound intriguing, but only if the corn dogs are like DL's. I have been wanting to try Splitsville, but it is hard to make time for it.
FWIW, Morimoto and Boathouse do not have to be uber expensive

Per EasyWDW
Back to less-expensive-than-expected pricing. Morimoto Asia is sort of like BOATHOUSE in that you can certainly spend a lot of money if you want to, but there are plenty of modestly priced entrees as well. You can get out of here for dollars less than the new menu at Pecos Bill, where you’ll spend $14.49 on a fast food “fajitas” platter. Here at Morimoto, you’d pay less for a variety of ramens and noodle dishes and items like Orange Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, and Shrimp Pad Thai all come in at $20 or less, in addition to items like the $45+ steaks.

Our family used to make it a tradition to hit DTD at least once on every trip. Mainly because we LOVE Earl of Sandwich and always went for lunch at least once. Also, DTD used to be our go-to for the last day of our trip after we had already checked out of our hotel but before leaving for the airport. We loved getting that last little "hurrah" and Disney feel without having to pay for an extra day of park tix.

However, about 3-4 trips ago, we finally swore off ever going to DTD again! It had just gotten way too crowded for our liking. We couldn't move through the Marketplace or any of the stores without bumping into people and constantly waiting for bottlenecks to clear from the middle of the walkways. It drove us nuts, and we finally snapped and said "Never again!" (We've also said the same thing about vising World Showcase in the evenings during F&W.)

If all the renovations, improvements, and additions for Disney Springs are only going to make it more popular and draw more people, I cannot see us ever returning. Well, we might go once just to see the changes after it's all finished, and then immediately re-implement the moratorium!

For us its definitely a must do every trip! We usually head to DTD on arrival day in addition to a couple of other times during our non park days. We enjoy the restaurants as well as the shopping, and now with all the new additions we're even more excited for whats to come! We are however part of the very few who are actually disappointed in seeing DisneyQuest go. We always enjoyed going in and having a few hours of fun!

I went to DS twice this past week. Both Friday and Saturday nights....wayyyyy tooo crowded! The walkways are narrow due to construction and there are lots of crowd bottlenecks around music. Maybe once it is all done it will be better. But lots of good eating options and that new parking deck is really slick with the easy in and out ramps and lights to tell you where a parking spot is. Can't imagine taking the time to go to a movie down there but if you are a local then maybe (though I do recall seeing "Batman Returns" long ago down there).

For me, no...but I am a fluke. I detest shopping and I see no reason to pay mega bucks for a dinner.

Now if the Adventurers' Club came back........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!