More Fun Than Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock-Adventures of the Sweet 16!New8-15

Doing the boat ride to the resorts looks really great!:thumbsup2 When we stayed at OKW we enjoyed riding the boat to DTD. Planning to do a good bit of travel to the resorts on our post-Christmas trip this year to enjoy the decorations, but I guess we will just have to see how the weather is before deciding to do it via watercraft. If it turns out to be pleasant, definitely looks like the way to go.:woohoo:

We have done Ohana a number of times for the character breakfast, and really enjoy it. It was a lot of fun, especially for DS13 (11 the last time we were there). Haven't done the dinner, but it looks really good. A huge crowd of kids for the "parade" though! Not sure how they didn't keep running over each other...:eek:

Okay, so it wasn't your TR that had the name...I will dig and find the name of the lady. I love that you had to listen closely to hear her. We were along the back window wall not in the main dining area and she was so loud!!

I love that the guys were such good sports about the limbo pole; it sounds like you had a great night.

i have a good story about that lady at ohana coming up in 2 chapters.

she is very good at her job, it was the second time we have had her there

and i think you guys are stalking us on our seats, those were the same seats we were at when we ate there.

first 1900 then ohana.
:rotfl:

Those potstickers are Ohana are the best!

I couldn't remember the entertainment lady's name by the time I wrote my TR last year either. I still don't know it.

I'm glad you all had such a good time for your last meal with everyone together.

I could go for one of those potstickers right about now!! :thumbsup2

What a great dinner for your group, sounds like it was really fun with lots of yummy food!

I love your matching tshirts. :goodvibes

It was great! I just saw Aunt Dee last night - she was down to visit my mom and dad. We were looking at pictures I'd printed off, and we were telling another one of my aunts that had come down with her how good the food was that night, and how much fun we had. I'm so glad that was our last big dinner!

Doing the boat ride to the resorts looks really great!:thumbsup2 When we stayed at OKW we enjoyed riding the boat to DTD. Planning to do a good bit of travel to the resorts on our post-Christmas trip this year to enjoy the decorations, but I guess we will just have to see how the weather is before deciding to do it via watercraft. If it turns out to be pleasant, definitely looks like the way to go.:woohoo:

We have done Ohana a number of times for the character breakfast, and really enjoy it. It was a lot of fun, especially for DS13 (11 the last time we were there). Haven't done the dinner, but it looks really good. A huge crowd of kids for the "parade" though! Not sure how they didn't keep running over each other...:eek:

It was funny...our section wasn't very full, so it was surprising when they all showed up (must've been seated on the other side). We've never done 'Ohana breakfast before. I think the food at dinner would be hard to beat! If you can catch the boat, I highly recommend it. Slower than the monorail, but very relaxing! :goodvibes

Okay, so it wasn't your TR that had the name...I will dig and find the name of the lady. I love that you had to listen closely to hear her. We were along the back window wall not in the main dining area and she was so loud!!

I love that the guys were such good sports about the limbo pole; it sounds like you had a great night.

None of my pictures have a good shot of her nametag, either. I hadn't thought about the noise level with her in the main room...I guess it would be pretty bad. She had quite a set of pipes on her! :rolleyes1

What a fun evening! I love the dumplings and noodles too.....:cloud9:
]\

I think we'll end up back there again next trip!

i have a good story about that lady at ohana coming up in 2 chapters.

she is very good at her job, it was the second time we have had her there

and i think you guys are stalking us on our seats, those were the same seats we were at when we ate there.

first 1900 then ohana.
:rotfl:

Can't wait to read about your experience there. She is good - very enthusiastic!

Yes, we're seat stalkers. We asked at the desk to be seated wherever Fauntleroy Fan's party had been. :rotfl2: Too funny!

I'm sorry guys...I'm way behind on my DISing. Bryan and Haley were in Oregon for a family wedding this weekend, so the boys and I were on our own. Lots of fun, but tiring - I have newfound respect for single parents (and I respected them an awful lot before that!). Their plane was delayed so badly that they ended up taking a redeye flight home on Monday night...two days before Haley's first day of school! :eek: It's been crazy, and a little rough, but I think we're back on track. I made it through Open House and the first day, and the kids enjoyed their first day of classes. Bedtime came early for them, though, and I'm about to follow them. I promise I'll try to post an update (and catch up on everyone else's reports) over the weekend!

Saturday morning’s wakeup call came bright and early…we were getting into the MK before opening! Our group was slightly smaller, since Tim and Shelley were enjoying an anniversary breakfast at Kona and Mom and Aunt Dee were touring AK that morning. But we still had a good time on the buses. It was fun in the early morning like that, because the buses were mostly empty.

P1010232.jpg

P1010235.jpg

P1010239.jpg

P1010240.jpg

When we arrived, they were already letting people in. As you can guess, we took lots of pictures on our way to the restaurant!

P1010262.jpg

Since I’d taken lots of pictures of the square the previous morning, today I focused more on Main Street.

P1000480.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010270.jpg

P1000600.jpg

P1000602-Copy.jpg

P1000603-Copy.jpg

P1010279.jpg

When we got to the restaurant, I went and checked us in, then stayed on the porch so I could hear them call my name. I took a few shots of our group from afar…

P1000609.jpg

P1000610-Copy.jpg

P1000608.jpg

We didn’t wait long before they called us in. Bryan and I had been very pleased with the food offerings for breakfast on our 2008 trip, and we weren’t disappointed this time, either. Bry’s favorite, by far, was the puffed French toast. I really enjoyed the vegetable frittata. The kids, of course, devoured the Mickey waffles and some fruit and cereal.

The characters were making their way around when we arrived. For some reason, Pooh turned the other direction when he got to our area and never came back to our table that round. We watched the other characters, and they all followed the same path.

P1010294.jpg

P1010301.jpg

P1010313.jpg

P1010315.jpg

We also paraded around.

P1010305.jpg

As I participated in the parade with Will I was watching for Mrs. Darling, since I knew from her PTR that she’d be here that day. I managed to spot her and her boys, but by the time I got Will back to the table and went back to find her, she’d already left. It was good for her, because she won the Dumbo dash that morning! :thumbsup2 You can kind of see me stopping and saying hi in the background of that picture above.

Anyway, we finished up our meal and settled the bill, but we were still waiting for Pooh. I watched the people start to stream by the windows and realized that we’d missed rope drop. I was getting frustrated, and when Pooh reappeared in the room I told Bryan that if he turned the other way before he got to us again I was leaving. But he came our direction, so we waited him out and got our pictures and autographs.

P1010338.jpg

(Continued on next post...)

As soon as we could, we headed out. Sue, Stoney, Grandma, UT and Aunt Jane were headed to Epcot to catch up with Tim and Shelley. Norah and Ruby were headed to Toon Town to meet the fairies. We decided to hit a few rides we hadn’t gotten to yet there in the Magic Kingdom before heading back to the resort around lunchtime. So it was just the five of us as we headed out, which was kind of fun!

P1010343.jpg

P1010351.jpg

We passed the Tiana meet-and-greet area as we walked. Haley hadn’t met Tiana yet, and since she’d dressed up as her on Thursday at the BBB, she really wanted to. We decided to come back later, and Bryan looked up what times we could meet her at on his phone app. We got to BTMRR and decided to “kid swap.” However, the line was non-existant, and the CM insisted we didn’t need them. So Haley, Will and I hung out for a little while and waited for Bryan and Jack to enjoy their runaway train through the mountains. While we were heading towards the exit to be sure not to miss them, I heard someone call my name. It was Mrs. Darling! She and her boys were deciding where to go next. We chatted for a moment, and then she had one of the boys snap a picture of us before we all went on our way. For some reason, I didn't have Haley take a picture of us...:confused3 It was nice to meet a fellow Diser, though!

It wasn’t too long after we found a shady place to wait that Jack and Bryan came off the ride. Jack had had a ball on the coaster! So much, in fact, that he opted to go with us again. We were able to basically walk right back on the ride, so I didn’t really have time for pictures. This is the only one I shot..

P1000616.jpg

Would’ve been nice without the bars! Bryan took a few more on his trip through, though.

P1010352.jpg

P1010355.jpg

Haley and Jack sat together for this one, while I sat behind them.

P1000617-Copy.jpg

We all enjoyed this ride very much. We were pleased that Jack, in particular, liked it since he told me on our 2008 trip that he’d go on it with me “later…like when I’m your age, Mommy.”

While we were on the ride, I sent Bryan and Will to get Splash Mountain FP since Jack really wanted to ride again. However, when we exited BTMRR he texted me and told me that he hadn’t gotten them, since the wait was only 5 minutes!!! We hurried over, and after a quick restroom break he decided he’d just watch Will at the Laughing Place while the older kids and I rode.

Surprisingly enough after her reaction last time, Haley wanted to ride again She did, however, want to ride with me, so Jack was brave and sat in front of us by himself.

P1000618-Copy.jpg

P1000619-Copy.jpg

P1000620-Copy.jpg

This ride is definitely high up on my lists of favorites now – right up there behind Soarin’. I love the length, the story, the theming…it’s just so Disney!! Oh, and if you’re wondering if the ride picture shows that my kids were any better than the last time….

P1000622.jpg

I guess there’s some improvement…you can actually see both of them!;)

At this point, Tiana had been out for a little while, according to DH’s app. We headed that way, but by the time we got there the line was already roped off. We noted her return time, and decided to head to Small World. This ride is a perennial favorite of Haley’s, and was one of mine as a kid. Will was unsure at first in the dark, but it didn’t take him too long to get into it.

P1010384.jpg

P1010397.jpg

P1010394.jpg

P1010399.jpg

Back from our trip around the world, we ducked into a store or two in Fantasyland (and bumped into Norah and Ruby). It was getting close to time to meet Tiana, though, so we headed back. Of course, we’d waited just long enough to be at the end of the line again…but at least we made it before they closed the queue! We waited about 20 minutes in line, but the kids found ways to pass the time…

P1010416.jpg

P1010427.jpg

Photo1362.jpg

Finally, we were meeting Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana!

P1010431.jpg

Photo1369.jpg

Photo1375.jpg

Photo1379.jpg

They were really great. Naveen was quite the charmer. He asked Jack if he was the trouble maker in the family. Jack was great – he seemed to sit and think about it for a few minutes, and then said, “I think so…” Everyone got a kick out of that.

P1010436.jpg

Finally, Naveen gave the required fistbumps and we were off.

(Continued again...)

Originally, the kids had asked for BTMRR, Splash, Goofy’s Barnstormer, Small World, the Teacups, and Buzz. We’d managed most of those requests in pretty good time. Thankfully, at this point they’d lost interest in the Barnstormer (I was worried what that line would look like at about 11 in the morning), so we headed to Tomorrowland with the plan of getting FP for Buzz and then heading to the teacups. But the kids were starting to feel the early morning and decided they didn’t want the teacups that much, either. So we just hopped in line for Buzz, and only waited about 15 minutes or so. We took our final shot at capturing Zurg of this trip.

P1010446.jpg

P1010445.jpg

We were fairly successful….maybe a bit too successful…

P1010449.jpg

This is almost a must-do photo at least once during a trip, isn’t it?

At this point, the kids were starting to get hungry. Bryan and I decided that, since it was vacation, we’d have ice cream for lunch! We thought we’d grab a cone on Main Street, then head for one last shopping excursion in the Emporium before heading back to the hotel to rest. Ice cream for lunch sounded great to the kids!

P1010452.jpg

P1010453.jpg

We were sitting in the seating area at the bakery, hoping that the air conditioning would keep the ice cream from becoming an instant mess, when we heard the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it! Parade come down Main Street. The older two and I headed out to see a little of it – what a fun show!

P1010456.jpg

P1010457.jpg

P1000635-Copy.jpg

P1000640-Copy.jpg

P1000639.jpg

P1000643.jpg

P1000645.jpg

This is a street party that gathers around the hub for a while. But we didn’t want to get caught up in the crowd, so we didn’t follow it. We caught it again on its way back, though. We grabbed a Photopass photographer to take a few pictures of us. We hadn’t had many done as just our family of five.

Photo1383.jpg

Photo1394.jpg

Photo1403.jpg

Our shopping trip in the Emporium was cut short by a tired and fried two-year-old. We decided to head to the buses, since we were planning on coming back for the fireworks and parade tonight and Bryan could pick up the last few things he wanted. As we headed across the hub, we saw Pinocchio and his handler coming out. We all called out, “Hi, Pinocchio,” just for fun. Well, Pinocchio must’ve thought we were pretty enthusiastic (especially for a little after noon on a hot June day), because he veered over, grabbed Jack’s hand, and took off back across the hub.

P1010465.jpg

We all laughed and scrambled for the cameras. Haley took off after them, and he grabbed her hand as well and marched them over to a checkers table.

P1000647.jpg

P1000648.jpg

He sat the two of them down, and proceeded to play checkers with them! It was such an amazing little bit of interaction! First he helped Haley, then he changed sides and helped Jack. The kids giggled and smiled the entire time. It was a wonderful little bit of magic at the end of our trip!

P1000651.jpg

P1000650.jpg

P1000653.jpg

P1010472.jpg

P1010473.jpg

P1010477.jpg

P1010478.jpg

Up next…our last night!

What a great set of updates! So much I can't even comment on all of it! I do see myself waving a napkin in the background of your CP picture:rotfl2: And here is the picture my DS took that day.

DSC01839.jpg

You had a fabulous MK morning and then ice cream for lunch:thumbsup2 The best moment by far though is when Pinocchio took your kids over for a checker game! How cute is that! I just love those unplanned Magical Moments! I don't know if you're evening is going to be able to top how great your morning was:goodvibes

Parents who feed their kids ice cream for a meal at Disney are the best! (If you don't believe me, just check out my most recent TR chapter. :rolleyes1)

That's great that Pinocchio gave your family a magical moment to remember!

What a great set of updates! So much I can't even comment on all of it! I do see myself waving a napkin in the background of your CP picture:rotfl2: And here is the picture my DS took that day.

DSC01839.jpg

You had a fabulous MK morning and then ice cream for lunch:thumbsup2 The best moment by far though is when Pinocchio took your kids over for a checker game! How cute is that! I just love those unplanned Magical Moments! I don't know if you're evening is going to be able to top how great your morning was:goodvibes

I know - this was pretty packed. I'm to the point when I need to finish this TR because I'm back at school and not on the DIS as much, so I just kept writing. :rolleyes1 It was really one of the best days we had that trip - just making sure we hit the last few things we hadn't seen yet! And, no...the evening definitely did NOT top this!!

Parents who feed their kids ice cream for a meal at Disney are the best! (If you don't believe me, just check out my most recent TR chapter. :rolleyes1)

That's great that Pinocchio gave your family a magical moment to remember!

He really made our day - it was one of the tops on my list of favorite memories.

Ice cream for lunch was great - we've done that one or two other trips. We figured it was great for the last day. I'm headed over to catch up on your report now...school just cuts into my DIS time too much! :rotfl2:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't left the trip report. I have been super busy getting ready for school to start. Once things calm down I can finish my updates. Sorry for the delay!

wow TR update overload,

it was all good,

liked the ice cream meal, and the checkers.
:thumbsup2

Sounds like you had a super succesful morning at Magic Kingdom. You got a lot done!!

Tiana and Naveen were one of the best character meets I've ever had. :goodvibes

I love your shirts, you all look so cute. Love your pictures from Main St. of just yoru gruop. It's nice to have those on big group trips.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't left the trip report. I have been super busy getting ready for school to start. Once things calm down I can finish my updates. Sorry for the delay!

Hey there! :wave: How did your meetings go today?
wow TR update overload,

it was all good,

liked the ice cream meal, and the checkers.
:thumbsup2

I know...nothing like cramming everything in together! But my DIS-ing is going to be sporadic, at best, for a while...or at least until my student teacher takes over!! ;)

Sounds like you had a super succesful morning at Magic Kingdom. You got a lot done!!

Tiana and Naveen were one of the best character meets I've ever had. :goodvibes

I love your shirts, you all look so cute. Love your pictures from Main St. of just yoru gruop. It's nice to have those on big group trips.

We got more done that morning than we did ANY other morning! It also wasn't insanely, so-bad-I-don't-want-to-breathe hot that morning. It made a big difference! I agree that Tiana and Naveen were a lot of fun. Definitely worth the 20 minutes! Thanks for the compliment on the shirts - we were stopped several times and asked where we'd bought them. My MIL enjoyed explaining that she'd made them!

Great updates and super pictures!!! What a cool extra special interaction with Pinocchio!!! :thumbsup2

It was funny...our section wasn't very full, so it was surprising when they all showed up (must've been seated on the other side). We've never done 'Ohana breakfast before. I think the food at dinner would be hard to beat! If you can catch the boat, I highly recommend it. Slower than the monorail, but very relaxing! :goodvibes
Breakfast is great!!! Between you, Dan and Glenn, I'm definitely sold! ;)

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

BTW, the parent/ice cream meal scenario doesn't apply to everyone!!!:rolleyes:

I was several updates behind. Sorry!

Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to comment on.

Ohana's dinner! I am definitely going to be booking an ADR there for our May, 2011 trip. I've heard such good things about it and your report just confirmed that it's a must do. We ate at Whispering Canyon last year and we were seated on the outskirts of the restaurant so I know how you feel when you said you felt like you were out of the loop at Ohana.

So happy that you guys were finally able to see Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana. We passed by them this past trip and the line was closed.

I think it's fantastic that Pinocchio took your kids by the hand and played checkers with them. Those are the moments that make all the planning, all the stressing over the vacation, etc. worth while.

Wow! Just got all caught up! Great TR!! We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour too on our last trip. It is an amazing tour! We like you, would recommend it to anyone :thumbsup2 A little too much standing but other than that absolutely AWESOME...packed full of great information!
And WOW Pinocchio, REALLY where else but Disney can you get that kind of magic!! It's just the BEST!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter