More encouraging news re: Rivers of Light

cigar95

DIS weakest link
A while back, I posted a progress report that two of the four significant bugs that had held up Rivers of Light were under control. Very happy to report that now all of the bugs have been handled.
More importantly, WDI has handed the show over to DAK Operations - a step that never happened last spring - which means that they are now satisfied that the show is ready for display. In fact, with the additional few months, the show has already been "plussed" to version 2.0. (This, admittedly, doesn't mean much, since virtually no one ever saw 1.0.)
What this means is that it's now up to the management, rather than the technicians, as to when the show will debut. But it seems safe to say that visitors at Christmas time will be able to see it. (And after the Frozen debacle, also safe to say that there will be soft openings for the show.)

(Also trying to get a status update on Pandora. Don't know how long that might take.)

edit to correct small spelling error

Last edited:

A much needed show for Animal Kingdom IMO. Looking forward to seeing it sometime in the future.

Dan

A while back, I posted a progress report that two of the four significant bugs that had held up Rivers of Light were under control. Very happy to report that now all of the bugs have been handled.
More importantly, WDI has handed the show over to DAK Operations - a step that never happened last spring - which means that they are now satisfied that the show is ready for display. In fact, with the additional few months, the show has already been "plussed" to version 2.0. (This, admittedly, doesn't mean much, since virtually no one ever saw 1.0.)
What this means is that it's now up to the management, rather than the technicians, as to when the show will debut. But it seems safe to say that visitors at Christmas time will be able to see it. (And after the Frozen debacle, also safe to say that there will be soft openings for the show.)

(Also trying to get a status update on Pandora. Don't know how long that might take.)

edit to correct small spelling error

Could softs be soon? Like within a week or two?

Could softs be soon? Like within a week or two?
As I understand it, the show is physically ready right now. It will depend on management's desire to get things going, and Operations' requirements for getting things in place. (I also suspect Marketing will be involved, one way or another.)

As I understand it, the show is physically ready right now. It will depend on management's desire to get things going, and Operations' requirements for getting things in place. (I also suspect Marketing will be involved, one way or another.)
That is amazing news!
Please post if you hear of any soft openings. We will be there this week and although I know it's unlikely, it would be super cool to get a preview!!!

I wish even if that show isn't up and running , the other nighttime experiences would still be offered.

Would be nice as others have said for early October. The move to only showing SW show at the Studios on certain nights, no MSEP or night parade at MK, etc., this would give more night entertainment options. We're already going to US several afternoons/evenings.

From what I've heard. They want to run the show a good two weeks or so without any problems.

Also from what I understand the show wasn't really plussed but changed because executives felt it was too conceptual. We can only hope the changes were for the better and not for the worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter