More Discounts Than Normal???

dawgsgirl

DIS Veteran
Was just wondering what is going on with all these discounts?? Is Disney really hurting that bad? I never remember the Easter period of time as having any discounts. Summer discounts are sometimes there, but never like this. What is going on? Is everyone going to Universal?

I don't know if this is true or just a plain rumor. Our family just got back and my husband was talking with a bus driver. The driver was telling him how badly the deluxe resorts were hurting and that this fall you might see a buy one night and get one free. Hmmm.... don't know how true this is coming from Disney Transportation, but it is a thought to ponder????

The buy 4 get 3 promotion was great if you have a week to spend. With Universal opening Harry Potter, I would stick to promotions that are geared towards 3 or more vacation days so as to not discourage anyone from doing both parks. Ah, if only I ran Disney! I would send myself the pin for 30%, 35% and 40% so that I would book my trip.

As for the deluxes hurting enough to do buy one get one nights - that's really only a 50% discount and we have already seen pins for 40% (maybe 45% with a longer stay??)

Last year they offered less total number of promotions I think, but they were more generous promotions. This year it was announced that they wouldn't do as many promotions but that seems to be biting Disney in the butt so I guess now they're trying to entice more people to head to WDW. They seem to be upping the offers which means they're not booking as well as they're hoping. We'll just have to wait and see what comes up next. I think Disney didn't keep in mind that there are a lot of people who took advantage of last year's amazing promotions who never planned to take annual trips so now they have to really give very generous promotions to get all these people back.

I took advantage of last year's buy 4/get 3 plus gift card promotion and I also took advantage of free dining last year and the year 2 years before. I'm now watching for free dining or something else really good. Discounts haven't gotten that high yet for this year.

I would love a pin or code or pixiedust sprinkled my way!!! Especially for the Christmas holidays................:goodvibes

I don't know if this is true or just a plain rumor. Our family just got back and my husband was talking with a bus driver. The driver was telling him how badly the deluxe resorts were hurting and that this fall you might see a buy one night and get one free.

This deal sounds great to me.....I got the 30/35/40% PIN, but wound up using my AP discount which was actually 45%. But 50% (buy one get one free) sounds even better! :thumbsup2

I agree, there seem to be a lot of discounts. I thought they were cutting back, this year, on deals. There are so many deals being offered at the same time. Usually one expires and then a new one is issued. In the past, a person was lucky to get a room only discount during the summer season. Now they are offering: room only, gift cards, kids free and dining. I did read on the forums that room occupancy is down. Maybe occupancy is down in Orlando? I believe the Swan and Dolphin were offering BOGO nights this summer, with a minimum stay.

My earlier post had two topics of conversation put into one subject so I should clarify it a little bit. The bus driver was saying the deluxes were REALLY hurting and having a hard time booking up the other resorts were having some issues too but not as bad. Then in another statement he said that we could see a buy one get one at any of the resorts. To me... BOGO would great and slightly better than the percentages off they have going now. When we stayed at CBR last week there were A LOT of rooms that were empty and the resort was never crowded. I believe a lot of people are staying off site because the ticket and transportation center was working overtime last week :rotfl:, which looked like a lot of people traveled from outside the Disney property!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter