more dining questions - large party

val2001

Mouseketeer
WE have a toital of 13 sailing with us including all the kids. I think I read that the largest tables seat 12. Does that mean we won't all be able to eat together? Should I call DCL or my TA to ask if we can at least have tables beside each other? Or should I wait to address the matter once I'm on the ship?

They will place tables together to hold your whole party. Just let them know that is what you'd like. We've seen parties of 17 and 19 seated together.

It is easiest if you make your wished known thru your TA in advance. However, if you get to the dining room and it isn't the way you want it, let them know and they will "reshuffle" things. If you have tied your reservations together (let them know that the various cabins are together) they will automatically seat you in the same general area, but by asking, you will always get the same table.

Please realize that you will probably NOT be able to have on board "dining changes" met with such a large party. It would be difficult for them to change your rotation, for example, or to move you to a specific server. So, any requests you have will be best handled in advance.

As kcashner said, the key is to have all your reservations linked together now. That will insure you sit together at dinner. We had 22 in our group in November in 8 rooms, and ended up with 4 tables (table #s 1,2,3 &4) They were all in the same area with the same servers, and each night they did their best to connect as many tables as physically possible. We were still at two or three tables, but side by side or back to back. With a group of 13, you should be able to join tables into one long one or two back to back. Even though each room had a specific table assignment, we moved around each night to sit with others in our group and that was never a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter