Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Nabbie, I haven't done much reading about your election. Hope things come out OK. I'm kind of worried about how ours is going to turn out. Marita may have a point!

I'm just happy to be going back to WDW soon!!! Not worrying about the holidays until after our trip :)

Last edited:
hey, let me know about lunch! And safe travels!!!!!!My work number is 407-934-7310, or post here

We crossed into Florida around 1:00. I'll have to think about which day would work best. Our schedule is Epcot Monday, Studios Tuesday, I'm doing AK on my own on Wednesday then probably Epcot in the evening, and MK on Thursday. Do you have flexibility to do a late lunch? If so, Wednesday might work best.

Sorry this trip didn't work out, Marita! Too much going on. I'll be back at least one more time before my annual pass expires in March...

I plan a solo trip and longer visit with my cousin.

Dang, so sorry I missed you, I just now saw your post from Oct 25th! Next time for sure!

So quiet on here lately!

Retirement has been great so far... Since we got home from our trip, I've finally started tackling some cleaning and organizing projects. My kitchen is in pretty good shape now, but I still have a lot of vacuuming and dusting to do. Not sure yet what our Thanksgiving plans are, but I picked up a small turkey on special, just in case we're on our own.

Since my kitchen is clean, I've been enjoying doing some cooking even though the heating element went out in our oven. Hopefully, the replacement will arrive soon and Don will get it repaired. He keeps pretty busy with his own projects!

I'm definitely much better rested. It's a good feeling :)

Moo sounds like retirement agrees with you. At least your not bored yet...lol

My house should be spotless since I am home all day but it isn't...tidy but not spotless. I hate dusting. Usually do it when I sit in my family room and your can start writing your name in the dust. We have hardwood in there and the fur balls from the cat are really bad too. Hate when I do have everything all nice and clean and the floors scrubbed and no one notices...grr They come in and say what did you do all day.

I spend a lot of time on the computer or just reading . Especially when Hubby is sleeping during the day. If he is off we are usually out of the house.

Well Moo you can't make a turkey with out an oven....Thanksgiving is coming fast.

Christmas is coming soon too...trying to decide what to do this year. Family wants to get together , then they don't , then it is just some of us in one place. Meaning I will have to travel to different houses to see everyone. This makes me sad since we have been doing Christmas together all my life and I'm 52 have only missed one Christmas eve with family the whole time and that was the first year I was married and hubby worked I stayed home because I didn't want to drive in the snow. I knew this day would come but it makes be really sad.

Marita-- Wedding is soon here too , what is the date of your dd wedding?

Christmas lights are already on in the neighhourhood. Not here though. I will bring the Christmas stuff out next week , a month before.

Nab, wedding is Dec. 12, less than a month away. Weather is still warm here, mid to upper 80's, higher than normal. It gives me hope that the weather will be nice for the outdoor party. Oh, and I finally bought a dress.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/long-sl...il_tran-_-110815-_-order_confirm-_-proddescr1

Only $138. I thought it would be a one occasion only dress, but someone said I could wear it on a cruise too, special restaurant and formal nights. Navy is really not my color, but it's her bridesmaids' and MIL has navy too, I didnt want to stand out.

For Thanksgiving this year we are invited to my future SIL's grandma's house, so that will be a totally new experience. And then xmas in california with our son, no big party (and tons of work) for me, YAY!

Moo, what I am planning when I retire (part of the time) is doing couponing and hunting down specials. Hubby can't be bothered with coupons! Still haven't set a date.

'

I really like the dress you picked Marita. All sparkly . You should have wore red that's your colour.

How exciting that it is so close. Christmas in California sound nice too. Did want to do the snow thing...lol Does your son still live in Montana?

LOVE the dress, Marita! I think navy is one of those colors that looks good on everyone!!! I think what you're going to love most about retirement is not having to drive someplace all the time. I can go days without driving anywhere, LOL!

I was happy to find out that my final pension amount is over $3000 more per year than the preliminary estimate, so that was a nice surprise...

Nabbie, you're doing better than me if you can keep your house tidy. I'm fighting a war against clutter, trying to find places for the stuff that I had at my office and my retirement gifts, plus all the stuff that was laying around the house before I retired. I gave a bunch of stuff to my niece for her new apartment and we have a Goodwill like that is growing.

Today, I cleaned out my spice turntable and found some that dated back to 1984!!!!! Some that I pitched may been even older. I received some Penzey's spices as a gift last year and have been purchasing more of that brand because I like the quality.

I don't know what we're doing for Christmas either. If I can get my house ready, I may invite immediate family over. Mari and David have a New Year's wedding to go to in Albuquerque, so they're not traveling for Christmas. Don is going down to dog-sit for them, so he'll get to see them after Christmas. I'm looking forward to a week of alone time.

We've talked about possibly meeting in Kentucky before Christmas to do some Bourbon Trail touring, but haven't figured out any travel plans yet.

Not sure when our outdoor decorations are going up; probably after Thanksgiving. Don bought a new inflatable Santa Mickey and a spiral tree, so that should be cute!

Nab, I didnt want to stand out in pictures. Bridesmaids and MIL are navy, so I should fit right in. Also, there are surprisingly few special occasion dresses in red, most are black, navy or beige.
My son got transferred to California in June, so that's why we are going there. Nothing special planned, a trip or two to a winery, the rest is wide open. I will probably do a lot of cooking of german meals, LOL. Just getting away and visiting sounds great to me.

Moo, I hear you on the clutter. My daughters old room was converted to an office (that we never use) some years ago, and has become a dumping ground for stuff. Last time my son visited, we barely got the bed cleard off, LOL. But now hubby has been doing a great job or cleaning stuff out. Some things kind of hurt, like he asked if I wanted to keep some books, but I know I won't read them, but we should really donate them (hardcover), but if I say that they will never leave this house, so out they went to the trash..
One of the things on my to do list for when I retire are the spices, lol, I know I have a ton that are way way way way old.
In other, non-news, I had a day that brought me closer to retirement!
First 9am meeting, not in itself tragic, I made it OK. Then a bunch stressful stuff at work. Oh, and my laptop died last night, windows would not start, and my work laptop is a piece of crap that didnt work right and needed to be reconnected to the network at work. So I lugged 2 laptops in this morning.
Luckily, a guy at work was able to fix my personal laptop. Got out of work late, and ran into traffic jams from Heck. Just past the worst of the jams, it started raining badly, and it got dark. Do you know how much i hate driving in the dark and driving in the rain? Now I got both combined!!
So I finally made it home after the commute took 45 mins longer than usual and tried to wrangle 2 laptops, an umbrella, a purse and a bag of food to the house in the pouring rain, but only after dropping my keys twice!
Then finally, I am home, got changed, got a beer, my computer is working (yay), and just settling in to do some work and the power and internet
went out!!!!
So, there I sat in the dark, but my PC worked, and i played some solitaire on the harddrive and started reading a book on kindle. Finally after 35 mins the power came back on.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, we have a team outing in the afternoon. Lunch (paid by disney) at Rose and Crown ( I think I will go for the steak) and then a marine mammal enrichment experience at the Seas pavilion.

Well, that was a long post, lol, hope i dont lose it

Marita, I had a lot of little things at work that drove me to retire early. It was mainly all the people who wore perfume in the office that made my asthma worse. I visited some friends at work during lunch yesterday and was going to stay while to help with a project, but didn't realize one of the main perfume wearers would be coming into the room. She sat down right next to me, so I didn't stick around. I don't miss the work, just some of the people!!!

I also use our daughter's room for storage, but she doesn't plan to visit anytime soon, so I'm not too worried about decluttering in there...

How was your team outing and lunch? I think I'd really enjoy those types of work outings!!!

We got a bunch of snow here today. Wish I were back in Florida!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving ! Hope you are enjoy your day with family and friends.

It was mild again so we go our Christmas lights up today. Yay! Hubby has been working a lot of overtime so I didn't think we would get them up this year.

Spent the whole day cleaning and bring the Christmas stuff up from the basement. I'm getting there. Hannah is happy she has been bugging me to get it done too. It does look nice but I keep thinking this is all for one month...lol. Need to get into the spirit.

It's been mild here too. We put some outside decorations up this afternoon and had a nice Thanksgiving with Don's family at our niece's new home. Loved not having to cook!!! It was fun hearing about my niece's wedding plans. Looking for to that next November.

My sister-in-law just had her 60th birthday. She and her daughter (whose house we were at) are going to Nassau for a girls trip to celebrate her 60th!

It was nice here today. Went to Fiance's grandma's house for dinner. Met one of his brothers and a couple of uncles. His best friend and mom were there too. It was a lot of fun, and grandma made TONS of food.
I am bothering with decorations this year at all since we will be gone. And I am LOVING IT, LOL.
Three more days off, yay!! It's been a lot of stress at work lately, so I am thinking about retirement. Then again, it keeps me busy on my days off, lol, I don't know what I would do without it. We shall see....

Finally got a good amount of on-line shopping done today! Several plaves had pre-Cyber Monday dales going on. And I did a little bit of store shopping yesterday. I don't usually venture out on Black Friday any more. We looked at the ads in the newspaper, but nothing really grabbed us enough to get up early!!!

How's everyone else's Christmas shopping going?

No shopping for me this year. Paying for a wedding and a honeymoon to Europe and a trip to California is all there is this year, LOL. However, convincing my hubby of this is another story entirely..... even though I told everyone no presents this year and my daughter will be off on her honeymoon.

I'm usually done my shopping by now but have barely started. Hubby bought some stuff on line though. He is so hard to buy for doesn't need or want anything.

The kids I have started but not finished. I know what I want to get Nicholas , he is getting gift cards but I'm going to get candy and put it in a box with a movie card, he said he need more garbage bags so I got him a big box from Costco and taping a gift card for Costco to that . Gas Card etc. Hannah she is my tuff one this year, she doesn't even know.

It is so cold out now ....but won't complain too much there is no snow.

Going to go up sort food and gifts at the Food Bank tomorrow , maybe that will get me in the Christmas spirit.

The wedding is getting so close Marita you must be excited! Make sure you take lots of pictures so we can see too. I love weddings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter