Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO

THanks all for your comments on my comments.......I am smiling here...

THE VACUUM is in...he put in two thingies that take the dirt and brings it down into the cylinder that catches the crap....One for up and one for down here...The hose goes from one end to the other on both floors.....I am happy..and our artificial tree was actually shedding today, when we took Christmas out of our house...so the machine did a good job picking up the stuff.....and I think I may of told you folks last year that I hate JUST HATE silver garland ...he had that everywhere...and it sheds too...I will probably be finding pieces of silver ...FOREVER...

Just cleaned up the house...KT's beau left to go back to his hometown and he starts his internship tomorrow...Kt is at the hospital and actually has good hours this week....8 to 4...that means we are not starving by the time she gets here (last week close to quarter of seven)...she is a good kid..

Tonight we will have one of the spiral hams and taters and veggies and pineapple...yummy

My daughter is a special ed teacher too...she teaches the whole school of 25ish from second to 6th Math...it is a burn out job...but then she gets her week off at Christmas and recoops...then she burns out again and she gets her week off in Feb and then again in April...they have two weeks off after school (regular) gets out and then they go to school for 5 weeks during the summer...then two weeks off before Regular school starts again in the fall...it is a very tough school and a very tough occupation ...these kids are not mainstreamed in the public school system...so they go to this behavioral school ...

Have a good day everyone

Hey Mony, I'd pay you some goog money for some pierogies :)

I second this. I'll pay shipping. ;)

We were the "perfect" family of 4 today. The 4 oldest boys were with my sister, so it was just Ellie and Isaac. We went and got a Kuerig(we never jumped on the band wagon because K-cups are so expensive, but when we found out you could actually get a special refillable one to use your own coffee(which I get really cheap with coupons......) I was totally on board. I've been wanting to drink more tea and get off caffeine since it gives me chest pains and makes me feel horrible. So this is PERFECT!

We also had to run into Kohls so I could use my $10 Kohls cash. I got a pair of sunglasses and 4 pairs of Vans shoes for $36 after my Kohls cash. I almost squealed with excitement when I so those shoes marked down to $8.40 a pair!

Marita - We DO know what causes those surprise pregnancies. It's the .01% chance of your 99.9% birth control failing. ;o)

Oh and a HUGE cool front is moving through our area right now. I am looking forward to socks, jeans and sweater weather for a couple days! It's been in the mid 80's for a month now.

Ali :sad1: I saw it on FB - I was reading it on my phone, and showed it to DH - the name just didnt register. Then I went to WISH, and was reading a thread - and it hit me who he was! and a DUI hit them, and killed them - that so makes me angry!
Good for you recognizing how special needs kids need that consistency - Good luck with your scheduling sometimes that's more important than the people... to have a firm schedule, and know how to help prepare them for transitions! You are a Godsend! :wizard:

Godsend....I don't think so. :sad2:

It sounds like it was drugs and not alcohol. Not that it makes it any better. I know they were in the midst of a lot of controversy a couple of years back, but I know there will be a hole there next weekend. :sad1:

Mommy P - Did I miss something? :confused3 You having another baby? :cutie:

Bob was a joyful soul that always had a smile on his face and made you laugh. I can and have heard his laugh all night in my head. It was nice to hear the stories that were being shared. What was even more special is that there were a good 100 people gathered in his honor who havn't seen each other for like 20 years. My husband played on a softball league when we dated and were first married and started to have kids. Each week they played ball, the wives cheered them on, and we then left to have a late supper at their sponsor's place. Marriages, births, and so many good friendships came out of that league. I watched my husband go from person to person and remember the good times. It was nice to see all that despite the circumstances.

I get my classroom assignment tomorrow and I am excited! I am hoping for a third/fourth grade class.

We have had super high winds here today. Lots of flurries, but nothing that stuck.

Tenure is a hot debated topic over here. I can understand both sides, I don't know how this will effect me if it even will. Our governor has taken so much away from our teachers it is crazy. I don't understand why teachers are such targets all the time. I know my job will be demanding and stressfull, but I just want to make things easier for my students to learn. I don't want them to have to go through what my son and I did.

Anyone going to WDW on leap day? Sounds interesting.

good morning..

I got up and showered and almost dressed when the phone rang..(7:15)...KT our GD was just getting her lunch together and she answered it...It was my little girls mama(my niece) saying she stacked wood all day yesterday and she is taking today off.....OH OKEY>..I could of stayed in bed...or stayed in my jammies...so I am clean dressed and fed.......and no place to go...hahaha..
TODAY and tonight will be in the single digits with wind chill going to ten to twenty below zero...not my ideal day..so I will EMPTY BOXES and just maybe ...JUST MAYBE I will find those pickle forks......not that I need them now ...but they are someplace in this house...hahahaha..

Kids in our area went back to school today...
Hubby connected my Wii last night ...FINALLY found all the stuff for that in a big box....and for about a half hour it didnt work.....kept on saying cant find the disk....well I figured it out after all that.......the wii thingie was upside down...so now we are good to play...

Guess I will get my blood flowing...coffee has been consumed and ready to do some work here..
Have a good day everyone

Pumba :rotfl2: that is so something I'd do, only you did me one better, I would've given up! disc upside down, why is it always the little things! :happytv: Now, what games are you playing?

Mony :listen: what'd ya get? You are going to have so much fun!

Allie you are to! You have such a big heart! Keep things together - I really admire all you do! I'm so far behind... I had to go and post on the event/comp board, and I had to wander in the Ohana thread... and I had to post... Now I'm going to have to get my rear in gear and DO something!!

MommyP :rotfl2: (in response to Marita) Goog Deal on Kohls! Its always hit or miss here!!

and honestly people - could we NOT wait SEVEN MORE DAYS to have the darn cold front blow in? SERIOUSLY! :headache: Its been 2 years since our last vacation - and that was misery... so what's going on now? We are also below zero with the windchill -

:cool1: WE FLY OUT TOMORROW!!

tomorrow, tomorrow. ...

:faint: I am so not ready! Must do sheets, towels, laundry. Must run to Goodwill for throwaway clothes for dh (you have to be at start line around 5am - it will be cold! so buy clothes to throw on the side of the road when the sun comes up - Disney has people that picks up the throw away clothes and donates them back to goodwill :rotfl2: the circle of life!)

DD wants me to make LeCellier's Cheese Soup., I dread the day she finds out it has beer in it! I made Quiche last night for dinner - she ate 2 slices, then her brother told her what was in it... :confused3 I just said, bacon, ham and cheese (I neglected the milk and egg part! :rotfl:)

and WHAT is going on with Project Runway WTH? Its NOT Project Runway without Tim Gunn or Heidi Klum.

Godsend....I don't think so. :sad2:

It sounds like it was drugs and not alcohol. Not that it makes it any better. I know they were in the midst of a lot of controversy a couple of years back, but I know there will be a hole there next weekend. :sad1:

Mommy P - Did I miss something? :confused3 You having another baby? :cutie:

Heck no. I said in my edit something about 2012 being a year free of surprise pregnancies. ;) (of course Ellie and Isaac were both planned pregnancies, but we have no intentions of planning anymore. lol)

Sandy, cheer up, back to 68 Thursday and 70's this weekend. Just a 2 day cold snap. Have a lot of fun and good luck to your hubby!

My hubby is not getting lots of overtime, he's a manager, so no overtime for him. He just gets to freeze his butt off in the middle of the night, LOL.

Sadly meeting up with Moo and Nab didnt work out this time due to holidays. Nap left me a very nice gift at the Front Desk this morning, a canadian pen (with flags) and a Mickey ornament with my user name on it, very cute! They are cruising now, sigh.

THANK YOU, NAB!

Marita Thanks for the weather report - guess its not so much shorts weather tho :rotfl2: We have been checking weather.com obsessively! Sorry it didn't work out to meet - I'm pretty sure I"m going to miss everyone too - the marathon does take over everything!

We have been to marathon twice - this will be our 3rd trip - the last years Osborn lights go dark Jan 3... this year they announced Osborn lights will be a go until the 7th :cool1: But, a friend just said the Castle lights are off :sad: Guess I"ll have to settle for youtube yet again! (we extended our stay to see the lights too!)

Well less than 24 hours - we got an "A" boarding pass :cool1: DH wanted to spend $20 to buy an A pass - I said save the $20 and buy me a drink with it :rotfl: He owes me a drink!!

Sandy, woohoo for the Osbourne lights and leaving so soon. Really, the weather should be fine for most of your stay. I have personally never seen the castle lights. LOL, so dont feel so bad.

Have a fabulous trip! And remember, free wi-fi now, so please report in if you can.

Hey ladies! Can I chat, too?! I've heard about this thread and wanted to come join along. :goodvibes

Happy New Year!

Hello Lauren! Happy New Year to you too! I'm Lynette. I used to post here pretty regularly, but these days I pop in here pretty infrequently (despite my efforts to the contrary) and these ladies are always very friendly and welcoming!

Some of the regular posters here (including the thread mama) are on vacation at the moment, so the thread won't have its usual activity. But these are some of the nicest people on the DIS. Want to tell us about yourself? popcorn::

Marita, got that tree down yet? The kids and I deChristmasified the house yesterday, and DH removed the outside decorations too. He took the real tree out for trash collection, but the artificial tree is still standing (nekkid!) in the living room, waiting to be deported to the basement. It looks so sad and dark.

Sandy, thanks for the positive 2012 vibes! Things are off to a pretty fantastic start. I pray they continue this trend, and improve for some others here as well! ;)

MommyP, I saw you over on the YES thread. If you haven't yet taken advantage of one of the classes, you're in for a treat! The class Boris and Natasha took in 2010 was lots of fun, and you just cannot beat the discounted tickets! I know that at least one of BBN's littles took a class last summer, and that class got great reviews from them as well.

Mony, sorry about your DH's friend. It's so hard to deal with the loss of people so young, isn't it?

Pumba, it's THAT time of year again for you and me, isn't it? Cold, cold, COLD! We had the oil man deliver earlier today, and even with the discounted cash price, it really puts a dent in our wallet! How many days until summer????????? :rotfl:

Hey ladies! Can I chat, too?! I've heard about this thread and wanted to come join along. :goodvibes

Happy New Year!

Well, I don't know, are you over 21?

OOPs, Sorry Lauren, I mistook you for a former poster (PJ). Of course you are welcom here to chat here. We are having a rare convergence of fomer poster currently, lately it's been just 4 for the most part, but the more the merrier.

Hello Lauren! Happy New Year to you too! I'm Lynette. I used to post here pretty regularly, but these days I pop in here pretty infrequently (despite my efforts to the contrary) and these ladies are always very friendly and welcoming!

Some of the regular posters here (including the thread mama) are on vacation at the moment, so the thread won't have its usual activity. But these are some of the nicest people on the DIS. Want to tell us about yourself? popcorn::

Hey Lynette! :wave2: Glad to hear it.

Well, let's see. I'm Lauren. (Surprise! Hahaha) I'm married to my wonderful husband and we have 2 sweet & crazy kiddos. Our son is 4 years old, starts Kindergarten in the Fall (oh my gosh -- I can't believe it's THIS year!) and our daughter is 10 months old. I'm currently in the process of getting my real estate license and I'm super excited about it. Anxious and nervous, too.

Well, I don't know, are you over 21?

Sure am! :thumbsup2

Sorry, LE, please read my amended post, I was mistaking you for another Lauren who use to post here.

Welcome!

Happy New Year!

WELCOME INDEED!

as been reported many have drifted - but somehow this new year, we are converging again! I need my imaginary friends! :group hug:

I'm Sandy - I have 3 kids - DS 26 (he just got divorced, no kids married 2 years, he's hard of hearing) DS 24 just got engaged, they live in Chicago, he just started a job downtown with trading stocks - he gave us a scare 2 years ago now, he fell in college, but he's all healed - I appreciated my internet friends... and DD 15 - just started High school... teenager. 'nuff said! DH just started a job :woohoo: He is a big volunteer in the Boy Scouts (both boys are Eagle Scouts, and now he trains adult leaders) and he likes to run, and climb mountains! I like to read, knit, watch reality tv, knit, advocate for my kids, oh, and we have 2 dogs! :faint:

And we're going on to DISNEYWORLD! In 24 hours we'll be in Orlando :woohoo:

Marita you're so funny! I wondered how PJ was doing! Its ok to have the tree up - at least till 12th night (or ours will be up till I get home!) There's always next weekend! I will have the laptop, and dh will be napping, (running 39.3 miles, must get up at 3am!) so I'm sure I'll get on and bore you all!! :yay: DISNEY, we're going to Disney

Lynette that's a prayer we all can get on board with! In His Mercy! (and I do so hope that mayan calendar is off - can you imagine the end of the world Dec 21, 2012? What would you do? (we survived 11/11/11, why not 12/12/12? :confused3)

DH is packing. I finally did my hair. I think I need more time - I can see a few grey hairs :scared1: I'm babysitting the dogs - DD is studying for finals...

:welcome: Lauren!

Hi I am Monica. I have been away for awhile but it resolutioned, ya its a made up word, to check in more often.

I have four kids. 15, 13, 7, and 4. My oldest has Asperger's but we are smooth sailing at the moment, last year at school was a nighmare!!!!

I am a special education major and have 2 semester's left until I gradutate!

This has been a looooong time coming.

I ran a day care for 14 years and closed the doors this summer so I could focus on finishing school. I teach catechism and I am involved in a ministry at my church that helps pregnant women facing a crisis pregnancy.

I just started to substitute teach and start my pre-student teaching this semester. I didn't get placed yet Sandy, school is still out for that district, but she mentioned a resource room at a very close elementary. I would love that!

I deChristmasfyied today. I even thoroughly cleaned the living room. I can now comfortably sit in that room.:surfweb:

Tomorrow I tackle the Kitchen.:cheer2:

School starts next week and I go through this I have to clean my house phase, it is like what you do right before you deliver a baby.:rolleyes: LOL!

Oh Mal is selling Girl Scout cookies if anyone is interested. You can even donate a box to the service men and women overseas.:sail:

Mal got Just Dance for the Wii and I can't move my arms without them hurting. But it is a great way to get some exercise in while playing with my girls.:confused3:dancer:

Pumba: I don't miss that. I sometimes wouldn't even get a phone call for my no shows. So many mornings I woke up real early for nothing. Not N-E more! ~that's how Maddy says "any".

Marita, I am readig Neb's TR, I am on like page 35, so behind, but I am trying.

Yea! Revenge is on tonight!:yay:

hello NEW PERSON....WELCOME

I am Marie aka PUMBA with ONE A....cause there is another pumbaa but she has two A's...I am a moderator on the restaurant board....I like food...'nuf said...hahaha...oh yah the other pumbaa with two a's is also on the restaurant board....go figure..
My house was deChristmased Monday......I WAS so happy to see it put away...until the next Christmas...

the Hub and me have been married for 45 years in May....I cant believe that...our babies are 42 and almost 40 ...whaaaaaa...OH yah...We have four grandkids...two are 22 and 20 and two are 5 and 7......kinda fun always...

We are going to Disney ...to visit the House of the Mouse in May...our son and daughter in law and two little munchkins are going and also talked our Daughter into going with us...her hub will stay home and take care of the doggies...I am ready to go...
SANDY it is 16 now...our high today was 18 and when I got up at seven it was 3.......yup we stayed in ...no walking ...
EVEN Megara the doggie went out squatted and ran for the door....she was cold...Dalmatians dont have a lot of fur...I should of gotten her a jacket the other day at the pet store...she needs FUR...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter