• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Marita...what were you doing up so late...HOLY SMOKES...hope you are still sleeping this morning..
I on the other hand...had a wiggly dog and a husband that said...GOOD morning little megara...she weighs 64 lbs...so not a little Megara...she is named after Hercules woman...who was a woman of questionable background...catch my drift on that one...hahaha...anyways she is Megara Athena...she is usually good but likes to get up early...
Had bacon and eggs and toast and coffee for breakfast...I did the toast...like i usually do..he does the rest...good not to have to cook breakfast one or two mornings a week...I WOULD love it if he made the coffee every day like he does...on the weekend..14 more months and he will be doing that I think...ROFL...that is when he will retire and I can go on Medicare...cause he is old enough now but insurance for us would be 1800 bucks to get the coverage we have now from his work...alot of mulaa....so we will wait...
Great news on the new room renovations...I will go and look at the new photos in a few..
Have a good day my friends

Pumba I was going to say the same thing about Marita. She sure is a night owl.

Well were are heading to my Mom's for the night then heading to the airport tomorrow morning. Hubby and I have not sat beside each other on a plane in a long time. It is usually two and two. Heck we haven't really been away with out the kids in years. Hopefully we are not lost without them. Everything we do on vacation is for them usually :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great week. The weather here is suppose to be beautiful so I hope our is just right too. Not to hot and not to cold.

OMGOODNESS...that is an amazing transformation of rooms.....I loved it...spectacular is the word...
Thanks for showing us..

Marita - The new Royal Rooms look very posh! Thanks for sharing :)

Sorry that I missed Nabbie. Hope she and Joe have an amazing birthday trip!!! What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!!!! LOL :lmao:

I survived the time change, thank goodness!

price is in for our kitchen, dining room and living space and hallway...we went to the store and they got rid of a 1000 dollars that was above what they had quoted...cause they said they were taking our laminate up....NO NO NO...we have a little up already....so it is right where we said it would be...hubby will go in and sign and pay for the flooring...vinyl for the kitchen and dining and carpet for the living space and hallway and down the stairs to the first level...
Then yesterday we had the same company come over (that my daughter had) to give us an estimate for vinyl siding and new windows and possibly a new roof too...he will give us seperate prices for all the work...I am anxious to keep our OIL in this house and not go out the windows...hahaha...the house is leaky for air...we have already spent 1900 for oil since sept...so hopefully this will change the oil consumption..

hope you have a great day and see ya later gators..

I think these new meds are killing me. I cant wake up and I cant stay awake!

So Im going to bed a full hour before my normal time

For Twinkie! Happy Pi Day!

Pi_pie2.jpg

Marita - Catch me up, what is going on with you?

We went to Disney March 1st-5th. With the Wild 4 Disney tickets. It was a fun time. Chad and I are going May 24th-28th, staying at the Dolphin. (for my birthday)

Can you link pictures from snapfish to the DIS?

Marita...google your medications and see what the side effects are...then if it is one of the ones that goes away after a few doses....see if you can tolerate it...if it isnt working then call your doctor and see if there is another alternative...One med that the new doctor had put me on...made me light headed and thought i would pass out ...so she had me cut this one in half and ease into it...worked and now I am on my fifth month of taking it...

Today is raining out and it is blah out...I can get some stuff done this morning and part of the pm...my girl scout cookies are coming at eleven thirty and then I have a gyn appt at four..will be glad to get this one over with...maybe next year I will let my new pcp do this part too...but after 42 years of going to the same doctor and his father...hard to change...

Have a good day my cyber friends...:surfweb:

Happy PI day indeed!

DS came over - and took dd to buy a PIE! :rotfl2:

I'm head over heels in planning mode! I can't believe its only 2 weeks until we go to Ft Myers FL - then drive to ORLANDO!

I have an online friend that we've always met - she recently started working at Disney - and she's going to give us her CM tickets to let DD go to WDW one day! I cried! We were looking at the pictures of Dumbo - and she called and said she could get us in! I called my mom - and I told her how crowded it will be, but really Fantasyland is opening!! Mom said "Sandy, really Meagan is a teenager she is not going to want to go to fantasyland"

I felt foolish. and I know that the Flower and Garden is at Epcot, and I know its Meagan's favorite park..

DD comes home from school and I said that HappyCamper is going to get us in to Disney one day - she squealed - and then said, "Does that mean we can see the new Dumbo" :rotfl2:

Now I just have to convince mom the crowds are worth it!! :rotfl2:

Monday - no plans - probably go to Universal (we bought buy 2 park to park tickets get 1 day free) Stay at a Days Inn
Tuesday - 6am check in to Royal Pacific to get the front of the line access - head to Harry Potter! :cool1: Leave at 2 and head to OKW to meet up with some online friends! Maybe back to Universal till close.

Wed - up early enough to get through Universal at park opening - tour tour tour - then Mythos for a late lunch - sleep at Royal Pacific -

Thursday - Disney day! :cool1: Don't have a reservation here either - my friend has offered for us to stay with her - my mom is really hesitant (we are all axe murderers in disguise online dontcha know!! :rotfl2:) We may head out to Tampa area to find a hotel - the ones around Disney are $100+ a night...

Friday back to Ft Myers - Saturday back to reality!

and its unbelievably warm here! Last year more snow than there was room for - and cold... all the way through till May!

This year, today 80 Degrees - Spring has Sprung! :rotfl2: so of course we've a trip to Florida!

DH is still searching for a job. I'm more than nervous about it.

Sandy- why are you flying into Ft Myers? That's where we live(well in a smaller nearby town, but ft myers is our go to place for everything ).

My parents live in Cape Coral - so we got tickets way back when in the summer to spend Spring Break with my parents - then mom suggested we take DD to Harry Potter - it keeps growing! (the plans! No longer a week resting and relaxing on the beach :rotfl2:)

I think we are going to go bike riding Sunday on Sanibel Island, I thought dd would enjoy walking around Sanibel, but mom likes to avoid that island (understandable)! We went when dd was 2, Sanibel was having an art fair that was so laid back and just enjoyable!

My aunt is also going to be there (she is 2 years older than me - and likes to jump in and not be left out!)

What a small world. We never go to Sanibel. It's expensive to get there and the beaches aren't our favorite. We haven't been since we were first married(almost 13 years ago). Although I've always said renting bikes over there would be a fun date.

IMony - Moo

Hope all is well in your corner of the world! (must check on FB - anyone know? I've lost my password since the hacking debacle! I get on with my iPhone only!)

CNN reported a tornado touched down in Dexter Michigan - near Ann Arbor... I can't remember exactly the towns - but isn't that near the same 100 miles anyway of Moo and Mony???

Stay Safe,

Weird weather!

we're at 80! something called pneumonia chill - seriously, that's what its called, not a cold front, but a pneumonia chill :confused3 I listened it has something to do with the way the wind is blowing the warm front from the south and the chill of the lake something about fog and the dip of the temps..
Here's a picture - it makes NO SENSE!
FEATURE03162012-thumb-600x367.jpg

and I know a while back aldisnygrl had another tornado in her area! Just crazy!

we are in for warm temps coming up next week...the 80s too...can you believe that...its March for goodness sakes...but I like warmth...and I can take off an extra coat or so..

Last night we went to Lowes and got some of their discontinued tiles...for the floor that comes in from the pool area...we call that the wet room...and hubby calls it the freezer room...we will tile that room and the laundry room and the area going into the bathroom...that way if anyone wants to change after swimming ...they can..

its drizzling here today and chilly ...I am so ready for warmth...have a good day everyone

Just found an update from Sheridac and Sleepydogs TR. She started a new thread about their wedding plans. And also posted a pic of her very nice ring. Her perfectly manicured nails inspired me to finally get off my lazy butt and get my nails done again, LOL.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44349990&posted=1#post44349990

ETA: 1.5 hours later my nails are done and I feel a lot better. Now for a haircut and a pedicure over the next week

hello Marita...glad that you are good about your nails being done...I cant get any nails done for at least another month or so...the new nail is still very tender..

I got my new glasses today...and wow...what was I missing...I had new lens last year too...but the opthamologist that did this last check up ..said they changed enough to warrant new lens..he has kept me in bay the last 15 years or so..I go back to him in three weeks to check my glaucoma ..hope that it is down this time...

today I was outside in short sleeves and sweating ...we moved 400 or so bricks from near the house and put them out back more...when they do the siding they wouldnt be able to get near the house...
last night we took all the laminate up and it was in the truck this morning and hubby took it to the dump..that is finished...now waiting for the installers ..

hope that you have a great day..

I'm back!

I just wrote a whole post that disappeared. Wrote to much I guess...:lmao:

Had a great time lots of upgrades on the plane and hotel room. Came home with money so that is good, no big wins but enough to keep up playing the slots for three days. They were having spring break there too so there was a lot of people out walking the strip. Long travel days, and one cancelled flight causing us to get home one day later. We were on our last leg of our travels. One layover in Cleveland. One hour trip....delayed twiced then cancelled. Stayed over night there. They gave us a hotel room , meal tickets for supper and breakfast. Or we could go on stand by to Dallas then Toronto from there....that would be 4 or more hours travel . We were already up since 4 am and it was 6:30. I felt sorry Hannah would miss her babysitting course the next day because we wouldn't make it back. Plus I was scared they would take a big gummy bear I brought back for Hannah. In Las Vegas my bag got pulled because they saw it in my carryon. They said it was a gel and not allowed. The thing is big, more then 3 0z. But I told her it was for my dd and she had pitty on me and let it go though. So when I found out we had to do secuity again in Cleveland for the new flight I was afraid they were going to take it now. But I was lucky and they didn't even ask about it. I did ask a TSA person before I left the airport security area and she said it as fine and they had seen them before.

Tired from staying up all night there and the time difference, three hours knocked me on my butt the last two days with a migraine.

The weather is beautiful out there , we broke a weather record today and all week is suppose to be really nice too.:goodvibes

welcome home....YUP it is HOT in Maine...we were in the low 80s...we had windows opened and the sliding door to the deck...wouldnt ya know today I cooked the cornbeef and then another pot of cabbage and rhutabaga...and potatoes...it is a mess to clean up..one pot soaking in the sink now..

I can see snow next door to my house...and a few frozen spots in the lawn...but 80s ...cant be March..can it??

have a good night everyone

Welcome back, Nabbie! Glad you came home with some $$! Sounds like you had a good time other than travel issues.

Pumba - My friend's corned beef and cabbage was delicious, as usual! I got to bring some leftovers home and really enjoyed it today as well.

My friends surprised me yesterday with several things for my knee surgery recovery-- a spiffy cane with a floral design on it, Vitamin E oil to help with healing, a soccer ball for PT exercises, a gift certificate for a chair massage, and coupons for meals afterward. I was really overwhelmed! Now I just have to finish cleaning up my house before Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter