Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 05/07/2013

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by wdrl, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Pbuttadad

Pbuttadad Earning My Ears

just sent in our very first dvc offer today! it is a 230pt bwv for 68pp. anticipation starts now. wish us luck

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. sweetdana

sweetdana DIS Veteran

rotfl.

4. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Good luck and welcome to the Disboards!

5. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

Thanks for compiling this info. It does not make me very optimistic about the contract we are signing on Monday. looks like we picked the wrong time to buy...tough time to pass ROFR!

6. corpcomp

corpcomp The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

If you follow the pricing and make a fair offer, you will likely pass.

7. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

I disagree with this assessment. From mid February to mid march, DVD was snatching up contracts left and right. That was the worst time to have a contract submitted. Recently, however, more and more contracts are getting through. While not as easy as before, you stand a better chance of passing now than you did a few months ago based on reported ROFR activity. Good luck! :)

8. Bill Smugs

Bill Smugs Earning My Ears

A few weeks ago Disney ROFRd me on BWV at $68 per point. On my next attempt I raised my bid to $81 per point (even though contract is stripped of most current year points). Was notified last week that I have passed ROFR. I would prefer to pay a little more than go through that disappointment again.

9. pmatzner

pmatzner Earning My Ears

On day 14 of waiting on ROFR...BLT 160 at $95/pt. I thought it was a good price to put in for and hopefully pass ROFR, but lately you never know...so I sit:scared:

10. cmrdgrs

cmrdgrs Mouseketeer DVC Gold

DH and I have been lurking around and trying to make heads or tails for what to offer on a VWL. It seems that VWL contracts are few and far between. Any suggestions on a solid offer on a totally stripped VWL contract?

Thanks for your help! :)

11. fancylatane

fancylatane Earning My Ears

princess:I'm pretty nervous, we finally had our first offer sent to Disney...and the way they have ROFR'ing lately, I'm not sure what our chances really are. This chat board seems to help keep me calm about the whole process. Well, wish me luck:). We have a contract on SSR 200 points at $65 ppt.

12. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

You will be fine. :)

13. jlreimer

jlreimer Earning My Ears

I got through yesterday for 100 pts at $59/pt at SSR.

That said, watching the last several months, it really seems like there is no true pattern to what Disney is taking/waiving.

14. fancylatane

If you dont mind me asking, did you have any points coming in 2013? Thanks for the hope.

15. fancylatane

Thanks for the encouragement:)

16. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

I also recently passed with two contracts at SSR. One for $57 and one for $60. Both contracts had all 2011, 2012 and 2013 points. While nothing is certain in these crazy ROFR times, my best guess is that Disney is done with SSR ROFR for the time being. BWV on the other hand...not so much. :)

17. theguda

theguda Mouseketeer

BOO!! Don't say that. :)

18. fancylatane

19. jlreimer

jlreimer Earning My Ears

All 2013 points coming to me.

20. fancylatane

well we are on day 7...ugh, this waiting stuff is for the birds. wonder if i have any chance of Disney deciding before 30 days, lol.:wizard:

21. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Generally only if they decide to take it from you! When waiting on ROFR, no news is good.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!