Monte Cristo

Rachael Q

DIS Veteran
Is there much difference between the Monte Cristo served at Blue Bayou (Turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a battered egg bread, lightly fried to a golden brown)

And the Monte Cristo served at Cafe Orleans (Sliced turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a light batter, fried and served with berry puree).

If we can't get a seating at Blue Bayou then maybe we will try Cafe Orleans.

(descriptions taken from www.allearsnet.com)

That's good to now. Our first choice is Blue Bayou, just cause it's in the POC ride. But Cafe Orleans would be good to. And they have the Mickey Beignets. But BB has they Flying Dutchmen.

Too many choices.

I have had the Monte Cristo at both restaurants and think they are the same...but others disagree. I actually enjoy the ambiance and other food choices more at Cafe Orleans, but to each his own. The people watching and river view are extremely enjoyable and relaxing. Have fun whatever you decide!:)

I have had a cheese Monte Cristo at both restaurants and they were exactly the same. The cheese Monte Cristo is on the menu at Cafe Orleans, but I asked for it at Blue Bayou and it was no problem.

Yes, I thought they were the same also. They taste exactly alike to me & DH. I would be surprised to find out there's any difference.

I say they are the same, but my husband swears that the one at cafe orleans is a bit smaller than the one at Blue Bayou.

Kathy

I've had both and I think they are the same, too. The Blue Bayou one costs more, but it come with all kinds of side dishes.

No opinion on the Monte Cristo but personally I say skip the Mickey Beignets and eat some fritters (at the soup bowl place by Pirates or around the corner at the back window) they are extra yummy and then later go to the Jazz Kitchen or their express window and eat their Beignets they are probably the best in the area!

Where in Disneyworld can I get any of these sandwiches? I have not had a Monte Cristo in years. I was just telling someone what they were last Saturday.

Thanks Tigger

I am not aware of anywhere in WDW that sells them, but if no one here knows I would ask over on the WDW section to be sure..

The Monte Cristo at Millie's across from Disneyland is very, very good and at a fraction of the price too!

I am not aware of anywhere in WDW that sells them, but if no one here knows I would ask over on the WDW section to be sure..

i know they used to have it at the all star resorts inside the food courts but that was some time ago probably around 10 years ago.

I have been told you should look at the earl of Sandwich resturant, you might find it there

I still dream about my Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans! We actually ate there twice over our 3 day visit. The first day of course was best b/c it was all new to us and we got to sit outside. The 2nd time (Friday) we were seated inside b/c outside was reservation only :( It was still awesome food though!

There used to be a place in the MK at WDW called the Hospitality House and they had Monte Cristo's. Its no longer open so no more MC's there! Also, Olivia's at OKW used to have them but no longer do. I have never seen them at Earl of Sandwich and just double checked their menu on allearsnet and they are not listed (that is how I found out about the other two places that used to have them). So unfortunately, the only way to have a Monte Cristo at WDW is to venture offsite to a Bennigans and have one there.

Oh, and to me, the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans tasted exactly the same as the one at BB. For less money to boot.

Thanks Ann and Dan

I will do a search for a Bennigans at Vero or On our travels to Orlando.

I never have been there but if I had known they had Monte Cristos I would have been there and done that.

Thanks Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter