Monsters University or Lone Ranger?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SweetSpot, Jun 12, 2013.

1. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

We will be on the July 13th Fantasy. Monster's University comes out June 21 and Lone Ranger comes out July 3rd. I don't care to see Lone Ranger, rather see Monsters, but I believe Lone Ranger will be the movie in the main theater, am I right?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Asnell

Asnell Mouseketeer

Is the movie information posted somewhere in advance of the cruise?

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

If you mean the one shown on pirate night in the WDT, they do usually show the most recent release then. Monsters will still be in the movie theater during the cruise.

5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

There is a number in the FAQ thread to call and get the movies a couple weeks out. :)

6. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

That's what I figured lbgraves, I was just sure that Monster's was our movie since I never heard about Lone Ranger until this week and have no interest in Lone Ranger (although I know I am the minority). Bratty disappointment I guess. In all our cruises I've never gone into the other movie theater and I'm sure I won't this time. So many things to do I can't justify sitting in a theater on a cruise if it's not the night main show.

7. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

One of my favorite things to do is go to a movie onboard. I go every cruise...love the Buena Vista Theatre!!!

I usually go to the late night movies as not to miss out on fun during the day, but if it is raining I will fit in a movie earlier in the day.

MJ

8. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

MJ, I tried to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding long ago on the Magic and my DH who is tall with really long legs found it so uncomfortable we didn't make it through more than a couple minutes. I never wanted to take the time away from everyone else to go see a movie myself but I can imagine it must be nice to escape for a bit especially on a crowded sea day.

9. ColoradoDisneyFreaks

ColoradoDisneyFreaks DIS Veteran

Don't sit in the back row of the Buena Vista theater, it's incredibly narrow and really shouldn't be there at all. The middle of the theater is much more comfortable.

10. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

I agree. The only time I went back to the Buena Vista was to meet for an excursion and the kids sat in the back row. I can't understand why they even included that row. I need to check the new ships theater to see if it is less cramped.

11. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

12. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Is this true on the Dream class ships also? I know it's really tight on the classics. I was told that it was for the kids clubs to use, but I think that's just trying to justify it.

13. tink too

tink too DIS Veteran

I'm hoping to see both Monsters University and Lone Ranger on our Alaska cruise - that's if we can drag ourselves inside.

14. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I was just going to post that same thing!!!

The new ships don't seem to have that problem, that I could tell.

MJ

15. Grammy4Lizzy

Grammy4Lizzy Mouseketeer

It is not a situation of either/or. They have 6-8 different movies to play.