Monster University -- Monsters Inc Prequel -- looks bad?

bdoyledimou

Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in
A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at the University of Fear -- when they weren't necessarily the best of friends.
http://www.imdb.com/rg/em_share/title_web/title/tt1453405/

Ugh -- so much forward potential, but they go the prequel route (for the first time) seriously?

As much as i loved the first one -- this one looks cheeze -- :confused3

I disagree. Also, Pixar has done VERY little that I have not adored and has not been well received by the public at large, so I have faith in this one.

I've seen that trailer before. Love it. If the whole movie is as good as that trailer....it's gonna be awesome!! Can't wait.:thumbsup2

it just seems so -- "dumb and Dumber-er"
Sully is a Bully -- the whole "university" setting just seems -- out of place -- :(

Hopefully i am wrong but -- that 1 minute wasn't impressive

I love that trailer! I thought it was hillarious.

Monsters Inc had one of my favorite final scenes of all of the Pixar movies, so I'm actually glad they're going the prequel route for the second film.

I love that trailer! I thought it was hillarious.

Monsters Inc had one of my favorite final scenes of all of the Pixar movies, so I'm actually glad they're going the prequel route for the second film.

I feel the same- it was the perfect end to the film. I don't know how they could continue a story that so perfectly wrapped up at the end of the movie. Going the prequel route seems like the best thing to do.

not to be argumentative, but I think it's a fantastic idea! I think going forward would have not worked. I think it is going to be awesome. Other than the whole cars series, I love everything that pixar has touched! (and I am not a 5 year old boy, so I am guessing that is why I never "got" cars at all)

looks like they are continuing down the road they started with Cars 2 and Brave.
What makes Pixar great is the heart that their movies have. But now it looks like since Disney bought them outright, they want to do the same thing to Pixar that they did to Disney's traditional animation dept. Just hammer out the sequels with no regard to the quality. Too bad.

looks like they are continuing down the road they started with Cars 2 and Brave.
What makes Pixar great is the heart that their movies have. But now it looks like since Disney bought them outright, they want to do the same thing to Pixar that they did to Disney's traditional animation dept. Just hammer out the sequels with no regard to the quality. Too bad.

Pixar actually has more original movies coming out than sequels: The Good Dinosaur, a film about Dia de la Muertos, and another taking place inside a human mind.

They have a prequel coming out - Monsters University, which looks hilarious, and a Finding Nemo 2 is in the works, but it'll likely be 2016 before we see it. Lots of original Pixar stuff coming out in the meantime.

Cars 2 was a dud, but they've done two fantastic sequels to Toy Story, so even then their track record is still pretty good.

I've seen that trailer before. Love it. If the whole movie is as good as that trailer....it's gonna be awesome!! Can't wait.:thumbsup2

How many movies are "as good as the trailer"? That said, I think Monsters Inc is the best Pixar movie. Hoping the best for the new film:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter