• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail Upgrade Warning

Since I will be staying near DTD, can I park at the marketplace and take the boat or Disney Bus to parks?

ok but, what about taking the bus/monorail from AK to Magic Kingdom or Epcot? can I leave my car parked at AK and take either or to another park?:confused3

There will be buses to MK and Epcot from AK (you're talking about the park, not the resort, right?).

The problem you would run into is AK closes much earlier than the other two parks, so the buses back to AK would stop a couple of hours after the park closed. You'd be better off driving from AK to Epcot and parking there, then taking the monorail to MK.

There will be buses to MK and Epcot from AK (you're talking about the park, not the resort, right?).

The problem you would run into is AK closes much earlier than the other two parks, so the buses back to AK would stop a couple of hours after the park closed. You'd be better off driving from AK to Epcot and parking there, then taking the monorail to MK.

Since I will be staying near DTD, can I park at the marketplace and take the boat or Disney Bus to parks?

You cannot get a bus to the parks from DTD, you'd have to transfer to a resort and then get on a park bus. Plus, the DTD buses to and from the resort are really spotty before 11 a.m. Parking is pretty tough to come by at DTD these days because of all the construction there, and park guests aren't allowed to use those lots for parks parking.

You would save a lot of time by just paying for parking at the parks (you only pay the parking fee once per day, even if you hop to another park).

Based upon this comment about the EMH buses lagging behind at the Poly,thank you btw, would anyone know if the TTC buses are lined up around 7:00 to head to the parks? If so... better option to walk to the TTC, catch the early bus there rather than waiting at the Poly?

Sorry for the delay in responding. We were on a cruise. We never tried to get a bus from the TTC. My impression, which could be wrong, was that the TTC buses would not run that early. Only off-resort guests would take a bus from there, so they would not have EMH, which means they wouldn't need early buses.

Also, a Poly concierge told me that they were no longer running buses from the TTC to anywhere but MK. You are supposed to pick up transport to other parks at MK via bus, unless it's to Epcot which uses Monorail. Now this sounds dubious to me, but I didn't attempt to confirm or deny.

We are staying at BLT in 10 days and have an 8:35 am breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF during our stay. Can someone confirm that there will be busses at the Contemporary to take us to GF at 8 am since the resort monorail won't be running yet? If there is a bus from CR to GF, is 8 am a good time to get the bus or should we get it earlier? Thanks!

We took a bus from Poly to GF before 8am for breakfast at Park Fare. I asked a transportation employee how to get from Poly to GF early. He said to take the TTC bus or the MK bus. I'm not sure if the buses had come from the Contemporary, but GF was the first stop after Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter