Monorail stuck between MK and CR

I'm afraid of heights and the monorail freaks me out a little (but I still ride). If I had to go down a ladder I would have total jelly-legs and there better be a cute fireman to guide me down.

For some reason I was picturing in my mind a regular but very long ladder that everyone had to climb down & was thinking there's no way I could climb that high down a house ladder, and how would they get their kids down, on their backs, :blush::rotfl:. Good to see they use firetruck ladders & to know I'm just a little kooky in my thinking. :laughing:

Yeah, that's it for me. No mas. Not going on the monorail, period. (Staying at POFQ, it's not a big issue anyway.)

What I keep thinking of are people getting stuck and missing that impossible-to-get ADR they spent months stalking. (Well, what I'm mostly thinking of is how freaked out I would be if I had to evacuate via the fire ladder or cherry-picker or whatever.)

So does Disney's monorail tow vehicle not work anymore? I recall last time it couldn't be used cause of the location the monorail stopped at after being struck by lightning. But this current incident location should have been perfect to use the tow vehicle to get it back to one of the stations.

So does Disney's monorail tow vehicle not work anymore?

If the breakdown is one of the propulsion motors, or a set of stuck brakes, they probably don't want to damage the equipment by dragging it to the station...

Yea, there is absolutely NO way I could climb down any thing. I have a paralyzing fear of heights. Seriously, I would have difficulty breathing & moving if I had to climb down a ladder. And as a nurse working 12 hour shifts, I can wait a looong time to use the rest room. I'd just have to wait for another way out. Since we started hearing about these breakdowns a few years ago, I have avoided the monorail on our departure day too. We usually stay at the Yacht Club, so we walk to Epcot or Disney Studios. Then I know I will be ready for my airport pickup.

Oh my. I was sitting at my desk doing a plan to use monorail to visit all the resorts along it and found this thread...... Not so sure nowo_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter