Monorail "lounge tour"

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Robin4, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Robin4

Robin4 Mouseketeer

We're thinking of doing an "adults only" night and taking the monorail to visit the lounges/bars of the Poly, CR and GF for drinks and appetizers. Can anyone tell us where to go or have any recommendations for house specialty drinks, etc.? I know I've read other posts in the past where this has been done but can't find or remember suggestions. We're thinking this would be a fun way to spend the evening and would love to know what everyone thinks the best drink or appetizer is!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

4. Googilycub

Googilycub Mouseketeer

The Tambu lounge at the Poly has a Strawberry Basil Lemonade. This is the best tasting cocktail I have ever had! Even my husband has to get one every trip. This is a must for us!

5. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

The Tambu Lounge at the Poly also makes awesome speciality mojitos.

6. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

I really enjoy the atmosphere and bartenders at The Wave's lounge at the Contemporary. It's such a nice, ambient room and the staff have always been friendly, engaging and knowledgeable when I've been there.

EDIT: You can see some photos of the lounge here and here.

7. lynn71092

lynn71092 DIS Veteran

Try tha Backscratcher at the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.
    Or the Lapu Lapu.

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Be careful with the lounge menus - the above two drinks can't be found on the lounge menu anymore. But, you can ask the bartenders to make them. I think they're still on the restaurant's drink menu - they are just not on the lounge menu. Lounge menus are basically the same at each lounge - no specialty drinks. Ask the bartender if you don't see something you like.

Rather than type it all again I'll refer to this thread from yesterday -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443547

9. MissionMouse

MissionMouse DIS Veteran

I would recommend hitting the PR first, the earlier the better, since it is attached to Ohana and the waiting crowds saturate the lounge sitting area and into the core part of the building.