Monorail limited, how to get to pre-rope drop ADR at MK?

ElenaJane

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! This summer, on a Tuesday, I have a 8am (park opening at 9am) ADR for CP for my family of 8. We will be staying at the Poly. I just saw that the monorail is going to be on a limited schedule, and not start operating until 8:30am, and this is both the Express and Resort Monorail (on Tuesdays). I just looked it up and the Boat from Poly does not start until 30 minutes before opening as well.

Do the buses run earlier? How the heck are we going to make the ADR?

TIA!

A few thoughts:
- If the resort monorail isn't running, its possible they may start the boats a little early.
- You're very close to the TTC...5 minute walk, maybe less. Just walk there and take either the ferry or the express monorail.
- If nothing else is running, they'll probably run buses.

A few thoughts:
- If the resort monorail isn't running, its possible they may start the boats a little early.
- You're very close to the TTC...5 minute walk, maybe less. Just walk there and take either the ferry or the express monorail.
- If nothing else is running, they'll probably run buses.
Thanks for the response! I do hope they will start running the boats early. The problem with walking to TTC is that the Express Monorail does not start running until 8:30am (both rails are delayed). WDWinfo also says the Ferry does not start until 30 minutes before park opening as well. Surely they will have to amend this though. I know they want my $$$ that we will spend at CP! :)

if worse came to worse, you could always take a cab to the CR and walk over. We took a cab from AKL to CR for our BOG breakfast at 8:00am last week ... cabs normally drop you off at TTC for the MK.

They will have either a bus or boat running because they know some people have early ADRs. The best thing to do would be to ask the day before at guest services what will be running the next morning that early.

They will run buses early.:)

I hope so! Definitely my 3rd favorite mode of transpo..but better than cab for 8 people!

if worse came to worse, you could always take a cab to the CR and walk over. We took a cab from AKL to CR for our BOG breakfast at 8:00am last week ... cabs normally drop you off at TTC for the MK.

It is always good to have a back-up plan! Good tip about CR, because taking a cab to TTC from Poly would be pretty silly!

They will have either a bus or boat running because they know some people have early ADRs. The best thing to do would be to ask the day before at guest services what will be running the next morning that early.
Good idea. I think I will email Disney before I go just to see what they say. I am coordinating this whole thing for my family and I would love to avoid day before scrambling. I am a planner!! :scared:

I hope so! Definitely my 3rd favorite mode of transpo..but better than cab for 8 people!

It is always good to have a back-up plan! Good tip about CR, because taking a cab to TTC from Poly would be pretty silly!

Good idea. I think I will email Disney before I go just to see what they say. I am coordinating this whole thing for my family and I would love to avoid day before scrambling. I am a planner!! :scared:

I would actually call the Poly directly and ask, and then confirm the day before.

Nope. Guest Services may/should know, but maybe that CM forgot, or is just accustomed to giving one particular response.
Good idea. I think I will email Disney before I go just to see what they say. I am coordinating this whole thing for my family and I would love to avoid day before scrambling. I am a planner!!
Nope. You will likely get a modified form letter, polite but either not answering your question or with inaccurate information.
I would actually call the Poly directly and ask, and then confirm the day before.
Nope. Calling any WDW resort actually connects you to a call center, not the hotel.

Go to the launch dock and ask the Cast Members.

Nope. Guest Services may/should know, but maybe that CM forgot, or is just accustomed to giving one particular response.

Nope. You will likely get a modified form letter, polite but either not answering your question or with inaccurate information.

Nope. Calling any WDW resort actually connects you to a call center, not the hotel.

Go to the launch dock and ask the Cast Members.

You are overexaggerating the response from guest services. There might be a few instances where they might not know, but generally, I have found if they are seasoned cast members, they give accurate information about that particular resort's transportation options. In fact, the launch dock cast members could also have a chance of giving incorrect information because sometimes changes are made the morning of for various reasons. Case in point--During our Polynesian stay several years ago, the monorail staff indicated that the Epcot monorail would start running at 7:30 for early morning ADRs. However, there was a last minute change in the schedule, and the monorail workers apologized and redirected us to the bus.

For what it is worth, OP, I just called the number for the Polynesian (or call center as the previous poster says they supposedly route calls there), and the person who answered said they will have either a bus or boat running and to ask guest services which will be running when you get there. Now, sometimes cast members do give incorrect information, but that was the official Disney answer.

You are overexaggerating the response from guest services. There might be a few instances where they might not know, but generally, I have found if they are seasoned cast members, they give accurate information about that particular resort's transportation options. In fact, the launch dock cast members could also have a chance of giving incorrect information because sometimes changes are made the morning of for various reasons. Case in point--During our Polynesian stay several years ago, the monorail staff indicated that the Epcot monorail would start running at 7:30 for early morning ADRs. However, there was a last minute change in the schedule, and the monorail workers apologized and redirected us to the bus.

For what it is worth, OP, I just called the number for the Polynesian (or call center as the previous poster says they supposedly route calls there), and the person who answered said they will have either a bus or boat running and to ask guest services which will be running when you get there. Now, sometimes cast members do give incorrect information, but that was the official Disney answer.

You called them to ask them this question? You rock!!! Man, I love these forums. I feel relieved knowing that there will be some form of early transportation...I hope it is the boat! :sail:

You called them to ask them this question? You rock!!! Man, I love these forums. I feel relieved knowing that there will be some form of early transportation...I hope it is the boat! :sail:

I was curious to see what they would say and had a few extra minutes! :-) I agree--the boat is so nice and relaxing--a great way to start the day!

I think I'd walk over to the ttc and take the big ferry over. The little boats don't hold that many people and I've seen pics of long lines (on wdwmgaic.com) because of the monorail closures.

For what it is worth, OP, I just called the number for the Polynesian (or call center as the previous poster says they supposedly route calls there)

Not supposedly, you definitely spoke to someone at a Call Center. When you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room your call gets routed to a Call Center.

It's how Disney rolls.

Not saying you got bad/incorrect information.

Last edited:
Not supposedly, you definitely spoke to someone at a Call Center. When you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room your call gets routed to a Call Center.

It's how Disney rolls.

Not saying you got bad/incorrect information.

I didn't know that officially, which is why I said supposedly (claimed to be true or real). I wanted to be upfront that I did not know to whom I was talking, so I could neither confirm nor deny what she said about the call center. I wasn't saying she was lying.

I didn't know that officially, which is why I said supposedly (claimed to be true or real). I wanted to be upfront that I did not know to whom I was talking, so I could neither confirm nor deny what she said about the call center. I wasn't saying she was lying.

I didn't assume you were saying kaytieeldr was lying. I was just making sure anyone reading this thread knew that if you call any of the numbers for WDW resorts that you will not be talking to somebody at that resort. Most people don't realize that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter