Moms who work from home...

With LiveOps, I average about 20-25 hours per week. My hourly rate averages between $14-$20 an hour. Starting out, you need to build up your stats so I would think it would be realistic to expect an average of $10-$12 hour. There are several lines you can work, so that has something do with the pay also. If you would like additional info, feel free to pm me.:)

go ahead and bore us. "inquiring minds want to know".
Do you sign up for a "shift"?
How do the calls work?
Are you selling or taking orders?

I'm realy curious about the work from home jobs. I'd love to be able to stay home with my DD and still work.

I am also curious!

How much does LiveOps pay to start? What type of calls?

Is West a diff company? How much do they start at per hour?

Do I sign up to work last minute, or do I ahve to have a schedule outlined ahead of time?

I appreciate all of the input! TY

I also just started working a little for West. I'm on a different line taking orders for different products or information. I've been at it for about a month, but only log an hour or so a week due to my schedule. There is some upselling which I haven't gotten used to yet, but it's been ok so far. I think I would prefer the HSN line, but wasn't offered that.

The nice part about West is that you are an employee, so you get a regular payroll check and taxes are taken care of for you. You are also paid at least minimum wage for your state. Anyone that you are an Independent Contractor for (ChaCha, LiveOps, etc) you are responsible for claiming that income and paying taxes on.

I also transcribe for ChaCha as time allows and make a little extra spending cash.

I am also curious!

Do I sign up to work last minute, or do I ahve to have a schedule outlined ahead of time?

I appreciate all of the input! TY

With West there is a schedule to sign up per 1/2 hour. If you can get there as the hours are posted to grab any. Otherwise, I've been working off trades (hours others have posted that they can no longer work) and they are posted at most 24 hours in advance.

I'm Interested in LiveOps and West! How do you get one of these jobs? Do I need a standard phone line (mine is thru Vonage)?

Any more info appreciated!!

How do you handle the taxes?? Do they send a W-2 at the end of the year?? If you are a independent contractor how do you keep track of wages and such?? I've always stayed away from the independent contractor because I'm afraid of the whole tax thing but maybe it's not too hard.
Any suggestions??

Those who are working for Live Ops did you have to pay the $50 background check fee?

It seems that the people who do the LiveOps are not responding. Not to ruffle any feathers or anything, but I've PM'd a couple of people requesting information as well as posted on here questions, but haven't received responses. Maybe it's as innocent as they aren't on frequently, but maybe it's just best to stay away from LiveOps. I'm not sure.

It seems that the people who do the LiveOps are not responding. Not to ruffle any feathers or anything, but I've PM'd a couple of people requesting information as well as posted on here questions, but haven't received responses. Maybe it's as innocent as they aren't on frequently, but maybe it's just best to stay away from LiveOps. I'm not sure.

well I just took the test and the voice recording... so I guess I will wait and see what happens. I don't like that I have to pay money...

the web address is www.west.com. You can find employment information at the bottom of the screen.

If you visit the website for each of those mentioned they should give you the requirements needed for each job as far as phone line, computer, etc.

I know with west I applied sometime in the spring, March/April. I didn't hear from them offering me a line until sometime in July I believe, so it can take some time depending on what's available.

So, I've gotten a few pm's looking for more info on LiveOps....instead of replying three separate times, I'll do it here.

You do need a separate phone line with no features (no caller ID, voice mail, etc.) I write off the cost of this on our tax returns. You get paid by 1099, so you do have to pay your own taxes. Now, for me that was not too much of an issue because my husband has extra taken out of his checks and we usually get a refund. With my income, that refund has just been less. I know some people do calculate and pay taxes quarterly. You get paid biweekly and I just keep track in a notebook. I do our taxes and did not find the schedule C to be difficult to do....the tax programs walk you through it.

When I applied, I did pay a $35 fee for a background check. I easily made that money back when I was doing my test calls. I remember doing a test and also a voice recording.

When I started it was on a line where you received calls for pretty much anything you see on tv to order or customer service calls. Some of the calls do have upsells like magazines and clubs. I did not really like that at first, but you get used to it. I know they have other lines - I'm not familiar with them all because I don't do them all. But things like food services (taking orders), and other services.

You will find that there is a wide variety of agents whose education/training/prior careers have nothing to do with this field. But, it really is a great way to make some extra cash, especially if you are a SAHM.

As far as the pay, you do get paid by the minute and some of the products do have additional incentives. Forgive me, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to state what it is. In the beginning, I made at least $10 per hour. Now, I average $14-$20 per hour usually on the higher end. I mostly work late night hours, like 10pm-2am. I find that that is when call volume is highest. I wish I could do longer, but it's hard to function on that little sleep.:) The schedule comes out once a week, but people are always dropping shifts, so if you watch you can pick up more as needed.

I did also work for West at the same time I started LiveOps. I'm not sure how it's changed now that they pay as employees, but back then I dropped West because they did not have a set time the schedule for the week came out so you were constantly stalking for hours. You also needed to drop a shift at least 24 or 48 hours prior to (I can't remember). With three small children, I need the flexibility to be able to drop a shift with as little notice as possible!

I hope this helps!

I did also work for West at the same time I started LiveOps. I'm not sure how it's changed now that they pay as employees, but back then I dropped West because they did not have a set time the schedule for the week came out so you were constantly stalking for hours. You also needed to drop a shift at least 24 or 48 hours prior to (I can't remember). With three small children, I need the flexibility to be able to drop a shift with as little notice as possible!

I hope this helps!

There still is no set schedule release time, but you can drop ours anytime within the 24 hours. If you need to get rid of hours prior to 24 hours before you just remove them from the schedule. If it's within the 24 hours you post them and if someone takes them your off the hook, but if not you are responsible for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!