Moms who work from home...

angelat

Mouseketeer
I was hoping that someone could share with me any work from home ideas that are not companies trying to scam you.

I work F/T now, but would like to supplement my income so that I can pay off some bills and also save for our trip to Disney next year. (Yay! :yay: ) I'll do just about anything that doesn't cost a million dollars for start up. LOL! I've tried looking for transcription work (I have several years experience) but with no real luck and I've tried just surfing around the net looking, but I can't seem to find anything REAL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!!:worship:

Have you read our ChaCha thread? They do pay. I have made this my regular income after quitting my job earlier this summer. You work when you want to, get payed per text. everything is on the computer, so no phone work. Interesting and fun.

If you do transcription work, there are usually plenty of posts on Amazon's mechanical turk (mturk.com) site. You can pick and choose from assignments listed - most are podcasts that need to be transcribed. I haven't done transcription work from this site, but I've done other tasks.

Thanks!
This is why I posted this question. These are things I would have never found out without the help of all the great DISers!!!

Just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions? I'm still looking for something worthwhile.Though I am trying out MTurk.

Thanks!

I'd be another to suggest ChaCha, I love it. You could also try LiveOps, its answering phone calls for orders of merchandise. Not sure exactly what companies it does but I think its HSN or QVC. My friend does it. Another friend of mine has done phone surveys, I can try and find the website if you're interested in that. Same with Liveops (I think it may just be LIveOps.com)

I believe it is just Chacha.com

I have to sign up for this. Seems like people who do it are happy with it.

I do Live Ops, make about $800--$1000/month, could make more, depending on how much I work. You can schedule 24/7 so its quite flexible.

Also try surveys, Cha Cha.

Check this out www.wahm.com its a board for work at home

I don't think that I have what it takes to do direct sales. Plus, I don't know enough people to have enough parties to actually make a decent amount of money. Everyone I know lives so far from me, that it wouldn't really be realistic.

but thank you for the suggestion. It is appreciated! :-)

I do Live Ops, make about $800--$1000/month, could make more, depending on how much I work. You can schedule 24/7 so its quite flexible.

question about Live OPS, so do you sign up for a certain block of time on certain days? And also, how many hours do you work to make that much money per month? Just curious.... What if you need the day off or something comes up in the time you are assigned?

Just a reminder - once again - that soliciting referrals on the DIS is against the Posting Guidelines. Your experiences with various WAH companies is appreciated and posting your thoughts is encouraged. But, please do not pose teaser information about it and then close your post with "PM me for details, a link, etc." Posts that include that little blurb pretty much make a moderator look at the post and say "Hmmm.... It looks like someone is trying to increase their downline." And that's when the delete button gets hit.

So please feel free to discuss your WAH jobs right here. No need to take it to PM, since many would like to read your ideas and suggestions.

So, how do you like LiveOps, it has been taking a beating on some other boards recently. I was thinking about doing it, but got scared away. Something to do with a lawsuit or something, has that effected you at all? It sounds great to me, with young kids the flexible schedule would be great and since the holidays are fast approaching, I thought this would be a good time to apply.

I work for West. I have been doing it for 3 months. I really like it. I take customer service calls for Home Shopping Network. The hours are 24/7. I mostly just work in the evening when the kids go to bed. I work on average 10-12 hours per week.

I work for West. I have been doing it for 3 months. I really like it. I take customer service calls for Home Shopping Network. The hours are 24/7. I mostly just work in the evening when the kids go to bed. I work on average 10-12 hours per week.

How much do you make in those 10-12 hours? My wife wants to quit her job, but we need the income.

I started doing the mturks thing. It doesn't pay that great, but it's not a bad source of play money. I usually do the $4 hits to write a 350 word article. I do a couple a day while at work ;) and they take me about 30 minutes, including research. But it's an extra $160 I can use for PS3 games or whatever.

Another vote for LiveOps. I've been an independent contractor with them for almost three years. I love the flexibility it offers, you work half hour shifts and if needed, you can drop them as late as a half hour prior to the start of a shift. I easily make $1,000-1,200 a month. This has been a great fit for me - allowing me to stay home with our kids and still contribute financially!

do you need a dedicated phone line for liveops? Or any special requirements?

Looking into Liveops.... can any of you tell me approx. how many hours you work to make $1,000 a month?

How much do you make in those 10-12 hours? My wife wants to quit her job, but we need the income.

I started doing the mturks thing. It doesn't pay that great, but it's not a bad source of play money. I usually do the $4 hits to write a 350 word article. I do a couple a day while at work ;) and they take me about 30 minutes, including research. But it's an extra $160 I can use for PS3 games or whatever.

I live in Michigan & the MW is $7.40 per hour. That is the worst that I do. Some hours are paid via talk time & others are a straight rate. They pay whatever is higher MW or the rate for the hour. My checks usually run $130-$160 every 2 weeks.

I won't get rich but at least it is something. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts