moms of lil princesses

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by bearlyanne, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bearlyanne

bearlyanne DIS Veteran

Would you let your toddler wear the cute Disney princess nightgowns to the Kingdom? They look so cute and comfy and cool...Infact I wouldn't mind wearing one myself!

What do you think?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. katyjeka

katyjeka DIS Veteran

I think they are soooo cute. Yes, I would wear them on our dd's. Our youngest loves all the princess dresses, but when the weather is hot and humid, and so many of them are itchy, it gives them a way to dress as a princess without baking in the hot sun. If they seem a little see through, just wear a swimsuit under them, and when they splash in the fountains you'll be prepared. Have a great trip.

4. livndisney

livndisney DIS Veteran

No, I don't let my DD wear a nightgown to MK. She does have several non itchy princess outfits that she wears.

5. d1sneyf4n

d1sneyf4n DIS Veteran

My DD is 5 and if she wanted to wear a night gown to the parks I would say sure. Why not, I see no problem in that all................of course no see thru ones but if so wear a bathing suit as stated before.

6. disneybridetobe

disneybridetobe Married 9-19-06 at Disney's Wedding Paviliion!

Yeah sure why not, you're on vacation!

7. my3cinderellas

my3cinderellas Mouseketeer

JMO but no........

8. PaulaSue

PaulaSue <font color=purple>I have a purple car too and lov

No, Don't like kids or adults wearing pjs in public.:scared:

9. DISdreamin'

DISdreamin' DIS Veteran

I would let DD do it if she wanted. The Disney Store near me has the little PJ dresses that look so much like dresses it was a double-take for me the first time I saw them. I don't think anyone would much care, nor would many realize they were PJ's. JMHO, of course.

10. jamie&Greg

jamie&Greg Mouseketeer

I wouldn't sugest it to my DD but if that is what she wanted to wear on that day I would say 'go for it'. I'm all about letting them have control over the little things!!

11. disneybridetobe

disneybridetobe Married 9-19-06 at Disney's Wedding Paviliion!

Exactly. Pick your battles! That's my philosophy too!

12. scottish mum

scottish mum <font color=darkorchid>We still have 2 posties in

Yes they look really cute and would be a lot cooler than a full princess dress

13. ChristusG

ChristusG DIS Veteran

As long as they didnt really look like nightgowns, and if she really wanted to wear it, then I would say yes.

14. adventure_woman

adventure_woman DIS Veteran

I would let her. As a PP stated, I pick my battles w/ my 2 yr old, and usually it is not about what she wants to wear. If there is something I don't want her to wear, I wouldn't bring it.:)

15. roliepolieoliefan

roliepolieoliefan DIS Veteran

Nope I have a princess crazed girl who is now 5.

PJ's are PJ's and thats that. Plus she is very aware of what she wears already and would never even want to wear her nightgown to the parks. She would be mortified.

She has been wearing princess dresses to the parks since she was 2. They can be found everywhere.

16. redhead09

redhead09 Mouseketeer

I would have to say no too... But I do agree with the pick your battles..however, as most princess jammies are NOT 100% cotton, and have a synthetic fiber, then I would think that would be very hot in the stroller (especially during the warm weather months) and could be unbearable for her. Just food for thought!

17. kaleighmariesmom

kaleighmariesmom DIS Veteran

I also say no... but that is just me. My dd wouldnt ....

18. Mirb1214

Mirb1214 Mouseketeer

I personally would not let my DD3 wear her nightgown/pj's out in public; especially on vacation. I can take photos of pj's at home. . .not on vacation.

19. Peanut&Piglet'sMom

Peanut&Piglet'sMom Mouseketeer

My 7 year old recently got an Ariel nightgown that seriously looks like the real gowns!!! If she really wanted to wear it...I'd let her as it doesn't look like PJ's at all!

However...she has her eye on the Silvermist costume at the Disney Store and want THAT to wear at the parks! LOL

20. jpkkld

jpkkld Mouseketeer

Mmmm - no. Hiking clothes are 100% synthetic BECAUSE they are cooler. Synthetics wick moisture away from skin, speeding the cooling process of sweating. When you sweat, the evaporation of the water is what cools you. Cotton is absolutely the WORST fabric to wear in the hot sun. When cotton gets wet, it stays wet, preventing the evaporative cooling process. Let your kid wear the nightgown. They're cute and much less expensive than the itchy dresses.

21. princessmom29

princessmom29 DIS Veteran

Only some synthetics do that. I can tell you from years in a band uniform that polyester doesn't breathe. It traps all the mosietureinside nad doesn't exen soak any up. No wicking effect there at all. I would be soaking wet and the uniform would be dry. We actually switched from ployester to wool b/c the wool was cooler and we had people dropping for heat exhaustion. You are talking about coolmax. Cotton is much better than polyester, but not as good as coolmax.

Presonally I would not let DD wear a nightgown to the parks.