*Mommy & Me & the Mouse! A Christmas Time PTR!!*

Made a little pit stop on the way home from work tonight. Muah ha ha haaa...

Nirvana!!! :maleficen
100_2232.jpg

First, please post pics when you get your costumes all put together! Or after the party, I can't wait to see them!

Second, what are you planning to do with all these Mickey heads :rotfl:

First, please post pics when you get your costumes all put together! Or after the party, I can't wait to see them!

Second, what are you planning to do with all these Mickey heads :rotfl:

...I don't really know. :rotfl::lmao:

Some sort of window extravaganza when we go, I guess. I keep scouring the DIS boards on some of the "how did you decorate" type threads to get ideas. I also want to put some up in our bedroom window at home. No reason to not make our room look/feel like we're on vacation at Disney all the time. :wizard: :cloud9:

...I don't really know. :rotfl::lmao:

Some sort of window extravaganza when we go, I guess. I keep scouring the DIS boards on some of the "how did you decorate" type threads to get ideas. I also want to put some up in our bedroom window at home. No reason to not make our room look/feel like we're on vacation at Disney all the time. :wizard: :cloud9:

That'll be really cute. I wonder if Home Depot ever notices people taking large amounts of the Mickey shaped paint samples... :confused:. Especially the lime green ones since so many Disers when them to identify themselves in the parks.

That'll be really cute. I wonder if Home Depot ever notices people taking large amounts of the Mickey shaped paint samples... :confused:. Especially the lime green ones since so many Disers when them to identify themselves in the parks.

I know I've always wanted to ask them if they notice the strange Alien Green color gone missing. :rotfl:

Well folks, it's been an interesting week. Monday night I was laying in bed with my daughter. She often likes to bring toys into bed and depending on how mommy is feeling it will be allowed. Well, after this week...never again.

Now granted, this toys is a little larger than most "take to bed" toys, and not only that, but she brought TWO of them in. Her favorite things right now are horses. She's got at least 12 million tiny horses. Schleich is usually the brand we buy (at Target or Toys R Us). She also has about 15 thousand larger horsies. Disney princess ones that are Barbie sized.The girl can not get enough ponies. She also has two, DEADLY, pony sticks. It's like a plush horse head on a long wooden dowel that you can play "giddey up" on.

Well....

As I began, we are in bed on Monday night watching a movie. She has decided she would like to being BOTH horsie sticks to bed. I am feeling generous tonight, so I allow it. BIG mistake. 15 minutes into whatever we were watching, she is getting bored and beginning to twirl one of the sticks around. Just as I say "Lily, put your horse down please." she loses control of it and WHAM! I take a horsie stick right in the eye. Yes. The blunt end of the stick went perfectly into my open left eye. :faint:

A few *bleeps* came out of my mouth as I ran into the bathroom to try and survey the damage of my eye. When I get there, the left eye is so injured and teary and in pain that it will not even allow my right eye to open. The light from just the tv in the room is too much light for BOTH my eyes to handle, even when they are closed. I decide to just suck it up and see if it gets any better. I grab a sleep mask off my dresser to block out any light and try to sleep.

2:30 in the morning rolls around and I wake up i npain. I call my mom into the room to help me. She brings me some toast and some motrin 800 and we decide to try to get an appointment in the morning. I am still covered under my soon-to-be-ex-not-so-DH's military insurance, and the base hospital has become somewhat of a hazardous cluster these days. It's difficult to get an appointment within the same MONTH as the call you make to set it up. But, I figure with it being a slight emergency, they should be able to see me the next day. Morning comes and they are not even answering the phone. So we decide to load up and just go to the emergency room.

The dreaded horsie stick...
horse.jpg

Here we are waiting in the ER on base. I saw nothing during this appointment. I actually spent the following two days with this thing on my face.
eyes01.jpg

Here is my poor daughter, feeling bad that her horsie made me blind. She was instantly saying to me when it happened "It's okay mommy, we'll make it better. It will be okay."
eyes02.jpg

Because I was blind in one eye and wearing a mask over my face, they gave me this bracelet. Several friends of mine have suggested having this permanently tattooed on my wrist. (I am a klutz and a half. Bella Swan aint got nothin' on me!)
eyes04.jpg

They were kind enough to turn off the lights in the little room while I waited for the doctor.
eyes03.jpg

So, it turns out I have a corneal abrasion. Basically meaning, my eye is cut up. They good news was that this will usually heal itself within 48 hours.

What cracked me up is that I had to get a TETANUS SHOT!!!! :scared1: They also gave me some antibiotics...that I am allergic to. :confused: They have done this before, but the last time I was pregnant!!:headache: The base hospital loves to try and kill me every time I go in there. I told them I was allergic to this particular antibiotic and they said that "it should be fine." Ummmm...ok.

Thankfully, it has been. Maybe it's different because it is going in my eye and not my stomach?? I don't know. So, for the last two days I have been on my moms couch just listening to everything going on around me. This stinkin' eye has been causing me headaches and face cramps and just plain sucks.

As you can see, I was looked after carefully by my DD and my friends DS. (Yeah, that's me underneath everyone)
eyes08.jpg

My daughter even sat next to her blind mommy and "helped" me eat a sandwich. :lmao: I'd be sitting there and suddenly notice that the plate had gotten a tee bit lighter.
eyes05.jpg

Here is my tetanus shot boo boo.
eyes07.jpg

This was as much as I could open my GOOD eye. For some reason, this eye did not want to cooperate. I guess it didn't want to be "next" on the hit list. :rotfl:
eyes06.jpg

So...how was YOUR Monday?
:lmao:

On a side note, I picked up a little something for our DL Mickey's Halloween Party stay at the Grand Californian. I guess I am a little jealous of all the window decorating that goes on at WDW. I have never seen it out here. But then again, we don't usually stay at the hotels on a holiday.

Boo To You window clings!!! How perfect is this?? $1 at walmart.

BooToYou.jpg

Joining in. I love DD's picture in the snow white costume, she is too cute. I had a bad haircut about a yr ago that had me clipping back one side for about two months. I went in for a trim like you and came out with 4 inches of my hair cut and it wasn't even:scared1:. I literally cried on the way home, but it grew back. Maybe we had the same person work on our hair:lmao:. Seeing your post about the mickey heads made me realize I am running low. So, I think I may be heading there today:) Can't wait to hear more.

Thank you. My DM bought her that dress when Snow White was re released on DVD/Blue Ray. She loves dressing up.

Did you ever go raid HD?? :rotfl:

Joining in too. Your dd is gorgeous. Those pics in the snow white dress are awesome. A real princess!

I used the mickey heads for our countdown calendar. I remember going into home depot a few months before our first trip and grabbing some, I had the kids and dh grabbing them as well. I felt like a thief :lmao:

Well, I sure do hope everything works out with your "not-so dh" and the trip. I'm sure your dd is looking forward to it. I cannot wait to hear about Christmas at Disney!

I know. I have been thinking of how I could use these as some sort of countdown thingie. Maybe putting them all on a string like a garland and removing one a day?? How did you do it??

OMG I'm so sorry about your eye! I hope it heals quickly! Especially before you trip to DL for the Halloween party! Those window clings are so cute and absolutely perfect!

Well, it's 1:20am and I am awake and reading DIS boards. :laughing:

I remembered the other day that Remy sometimes makes appearances at Les Chefs de France. My DD loooves Ratatouille so I think if he came to our table it would be spectacular!! I found a site that listed the times Remy makes his appearances (thank the Lord!!). We are having breakfast at Akershus already that morning, but I have nothing else booked for that day and we have MVMCP that night. So, I figured this would be the perfect day to throw in a lunch ADR. Luckily, I found an open spot right around Remy time. He makes an appearance at 1:40, so I chose 1:20 just to make sure we would be there and in our seats when he comes out. My only concern is the food. I know that macaroni is available, but it looks like only on the adult menu. So, I may just order the macaroni and split it with my DD. Can I do that on the DXDP? Can you go to a TS with two people and only order one entree instead of two?

Either way, I hope she doesn't see him at someone elses table first. What an unexpected surprise it would be if he just suddenly popped out from under the dessert tray in front of my DD's eyes. :love:

WDWChefREmy2.jpg

My only hope now is that she isn't ASLEEP during lunch. :headache:

So, thanks to a patient DISser and her explanation, I finally figured out the deal with pre-ordering your Photopass CD. So, I just went and pre-ordered that and the Photo Cover Book. When I saw that I couldn't resist. This is just such a momentous milestone for me and my DD, I almost cried just THINKING of getting my book full of Christmas Disney pics. :santa: :wizard:

So excited for you and Lily! You are giving her THE WORLD for Christmas! Can't wait to read your trip report and see all the pictures of you two!

Subbing! I am a single mom as well, and just took my 2 1/2 year old son to WDW for our first mommy and Jack only adventure! I will say that Jack has a Maclaren umbrelly stroller that I can fold with one hand, and he was pretty good about staying right by my side, but I think next time I will cough up the money to rent a stroller so I don't have to deal with the bus situation. I personally find WDW property very confusing to drive in, especially at night, so if you do rent a car, I would make sure you can get the navigation system as well! People are usually very nice about offering up a seat for a child too.

Subbing! I am a single mom as well, and just took my 2 1/2 year old son to WDW for our first mommy and Jack only adventure! I will say that Jack has a Maclaren umbrelly stroller that I can fold with one hand, and he was pretty good about staying right by my side, but I think next time I will cough up the money to rent a stroller so I don't have to deal with the bus situation. I personally find WDW property very confusing to drive in, especially at night, so if you do rent a car, I would make sure you can get the navigation system as well! People are usually very nice about offering up a seat for a child too.

How did you like that stroller for the parks? Does it have snack spots for him? (Jack is my FAVORITE boy name, btw)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter