Mommy-Daughter PRINCESS Trip (BBB, CRT, Tea Party) Photos & VIDEO RECAP/HIGHLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by cdotla, Dec 25, 2007.

1. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Trust me, you will have a blast! I never had so much fun!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Thank you!

4. cdotla

cdotla Trish

I just popped over to your TR - it looks very fun! I wish I had taken a trip like that with friends back in my younger days...I feel so OLD saying that -LOL!

I will pop over again to read more once I finish this one up.

5. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Wow - 2 Disney cruises before she is 3! How impressive!

I think 4 is the absolute PERFECT age for a first trip to WDW...hold off until then if you can. Especially if you can keep taking the cruises to tie you over. I would be most interested in reading a cruise TR when you are done!

6. melsmom12

melsmom12 Look, Mommy, it's Cinderbrella!

"I think 4 is the absolute PERFECT age for a first trip to WDW...hold off until then if you can. Especially if you can keep taking the cruises to tie you over. I would be most interested in reading a cruise TR when you are done!"

Sorry, this made me giggle out loud! If my mom hadn't pretty much paid for everything, there's no way I would be going on these cruises! It was really cute the way you "said" that!

7. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Oh trust me...I know that the cruises are more pricey than a trip to the World. I didn't mean to suggest it would be a lesser vacation, just that it seems to me to be more suited to a child under 4 than a trip to WDW. That way you can still get your Disney "fix", but save your daughter's first trip to WDW for an age when it will be the most special.

On our May Trip we took DS2. Don't get me wrong - we had a great time. However, we always needed to leave the Parks each day by shortly after lunch to ensure he could get a nap in. We also could not attend the Parks at night. And his interaction with the characters just wasn't the same as DD. Plus, he was fairly limited in what rides he could do so someone always had to sit out most of the rides.

I can't wait to bring him back when he is 4 and able to enjoy the Park again as fully as DD4 did!

8. melsmom12

melsmom12 Look, Mommy, it's Cinderbrella!

I TOTALLY understood how you meant it, it just made me giggle! Last January we all went down to Orlando and rented a house in Kissimmee. DH and I did a day in Disney without DD (she did other fun stuff with Grammie) and she did go with us to Universal a few times. It wasn't too bad, but I definitely didn't get to do nearly as many things as I could have without her! She napped pretty well in her stroller, but she wasn't 2 yet. If we took her this year it would have been disaster!

9. cdotla

cdotla Trish

I will post some pics and comments tonite about what everyone wears - the girls and the adults! :thumbsup2

10. cdotla

cdotla Trish

OK - I have Good News and Bad News.

First, the Bad News: Although I advised that I wanted to finish this TR this weekend, that will not be possible. I am with the kiddos all day tomorrow and DH and I have a party to attend in the evening. Sunday I am also going to be largely tied up.

Now the Good News: I will be posting the Princess Tea Party segment tonite, and because I promised to share my "surprise" this weekend, I will also post that this evening even though the TR will not be finished until maybe Sunday night or early next week.

And just not to raise expectations too high, let me just say that NO, we were NOT selected as winners for the Night in the Castle!!! As much as I would have LOVED that!!! This is more of a very simple surprise, but I still hope that you will like it.

11. AmyAllan&Eve

AmyAllan&Eve Mouseketeer

I just found your TR and read every single word on all ten pages! I love it. Thank you for taking the time to share!

My DD is three and a half. I took her to WDW when she had just turned two, and now I am ready to go back this summer (or maybe Halloween, although I am a teacher so it makes it difficult). You have given me so many special, magical ideas. I especially loved the pictures of your daughter dancing to the piano music and playing duck duck goose with Daisy.

Wow! I cannot wait to read more! :love:

12. cdotla

cdotla Trish

I hope that wasn't in one sitting -LOL! Thanks for reading along! I will have more shortly!

13. Winterhouse

Winterhouse Earning My Ears

I just found your TR and read every bit of it tonight. I hadn't been paying any attention to the date of your reports, so needless to say, when I get to the last part and there are no more pages I am disappointed (in a great way) that I have to wait for more!!

14. mkmommy

mkmommy DIS Veteran

Another just found your report and think it is great.

I am taking my girls in March alone for a day at the Magic Kingdom before a Disney Cruise and you are making me more excited.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip

15. cdotla

cdotla Trish

DAY 4: PRINCESS TEA PARTY AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN

After a short wait at the Boat Station, our Boat arrives for the Grand Floridian and we load up and begin our journey across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since we had a little extra time on our hands, I thought the boat ride would be nice over the monorail. We had never taken this boat ride before; only the main Ferryboat ride from the Ticket and Transportation Center.

After arriving at the Grand Floridian we took a little stroll around the grounds and gardens. DD was still enjoying her popcorn snack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eventually we made our way inside to wait for the Princess Tea Party which was taking place at the Grand Floridian Garden View Tea Room.

Since we had been here before, we knew what to expect. In May this had been one of the most memorable experiences on our Trip.

We actually attended with our Best Friends from Home - another Mom and her almost 4 year old and 6 year old girls. Their family had been travelling with us on the trip, although we were staying offsite at a great 2 Bedroom condo (The Mystic Dunes) and they were staying at PFQ.

Initially because this event is rather pricey ($225), I debated long and hard as to whether I would choose to repeat this experience. Unfortunately, my friend did not have any pictures of my DD at the event (she was obviously preoccupied with taking pictures of her own daughters) and of course neither of us could have imagined that my camera would be stolen!

Surprisingly, there are also no Photopass photographers at this event so I had NOT ONE photograph whatsoever to record this rather special experience.

I debated about whether I could wait to re-do this on another visit in a few years time, but decided that I couldn't. My friend's daughter who was 6.5 at the time was markedly less impressed with the event than the other 2 girls who had just turned 4 and was about to turn 4 respectively. So that sealed it for me. We would be returning.

When we came in May, all three girls wore their Princess gowns with Crowns and wands. They started the Day with a Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique makeover at Downtown Disney, posed for pictures at the Portrait Studio there, and then we made our way to the Grand Floridian for the Tea Party.

This time I chose to dress DD in her Cinderella custom pants outfit for something a little different.

The event itself is very special. From the moment each girl arrives they are made to feel like Royalty. When you arrive you check in at the Desk and then wait in the Reception Area just in front of the Tea Room with all of the other guests.

The event starts at 10:30am and they advise you to be there by 10:15am. It is nice to be there early so that you are not rushed but there is really no need to get there before 10:15am. I believe we walked in from the outside gardens at around 10:20am and had plenty of time.

When the Event is ready to begin, the Host of the Tea Party, not Aurora but a wonderful lady named Rose Petal calls all of the girls to the front of the steps to enter the Tea Room. All of the moms and dads (and yes, there were a couple dads each time I attended) wait behind the girls with cameras and camcorders in hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each "Princess" is formally announced and is given a Crown and her head is sprinkled with rose petals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After each Princess is announced, she and her guests are shown to their seats in the Tea Room. When they arrive at their seats, in each Girl's assigned seat there is a My Disney Girl Doll (Disney's version of the American Girl Doll). These dolls are very nice (although perhaps not as nice as the American Girl Dolls) and the same size - 18 inches. The Dolls are dressed in a Princess Aurora outfit complete with Crowns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition, as a little suprise, in each girl's napkin she will find a silver bracelet. (Honestly, I found the bracelet to be rather cheap looking and wasn't too impressed with it). At the end of the event the girls are also given a package with some Disney Princess scrapbooking pages and stickers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In terms of attire, most all of the girls are dressed in either Princess gowns or nice dresses. Most girls are aged 3-6, although each time I attended there were one or two girls as old as 10 or 12 at the event. Personally I think this event would be a little too young and disappointing for anyone over 8.

As for the mothers/grandmothers, most women were wearing resort casual clothing. Sundresses were popular. I wore my Lilly Pulitzer sundress and felt very appropriately dressed.

[​IMG]

A couple girls and moms were dressed in normal Park clothing - just plain t-shirts, shorts, sneakers and flip-flops. Personally, I think that this event is very special and deserves special clothes so that would not be my style, but each to their own!

After everyone is shown to their seats, hot tea is provided to the adults and the kids are given their very own "tea" in their own tea cups (which happens to be apple juice!)

Then everyone is given their plate of food. The children are given peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches cut into hearts, cheese and grapes. (I found the peanut butter an odd choice given the amount of people with allergies).

The adults also had a plate of sandwiches (egg and chicken and almond salad), grapes and cheeses. Although I have heard complaints about the food and portion sizes, I found my food to be more than filling for lunch (even though we were eating before 11am) and also perfectly delicious!

For dessert, they serve a wonderful strawberry cake that draws rave reviews from everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I have reached the limit for the number of photographs for this post, I will continue my review of this event in the next post.

16. cdotla

cdotla Trish

DAY 4 (CON'T): PRINCESS TEA PARTY AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN

The majority of the event is hosted by Rose Petal and we all come to find out who she is and her relationship with Princess Aurora through songs and stories throughout the Tea. The woman who plays Rose Petal is a wonderful entertainer and she makes a point of going around each and every table and visiting each and every girl in the course of telling her stories and singing her songs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is another picture of DD with Rose Petal and Barron Branch, the pianist:

[​IMG]

And another of Barron Branch:

[​IMG]

At various points during the Tea the girls are invited to get up and sing and dance along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Near the end of the Tea, Princess Aurora finally makes her appearance. She again takes time to go around to each and every table posing for pictures and signing autographs for every girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a really beautiful event and I highly recommend it!

UP NEXT:

AFTERNOON AND EVENING AT EPCOT'S FOOD & WINE

DINNER AT CHEFS DE FRANCE

ILLUMINATIONS

17. cdotla

cdotla Trish

18. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

the boat ride looked beautiful as did the tea party. I am a little shocked at the price tag but it is something special to remember.
    great update.
    :thumbsup2

19. CleKait

CleKait Disney World is my happy place.

Nice trip report :thumbsup2:
    The princess thing looks really neat! Did she get to keep the doll?

20. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

what a great surprise. I could not get it to open through here so I went to youtube and put in your screen name here and guess what -it popped up- :woohoo:
    The video was really good.
    Now it opens. :confused3 anyway great video.

21. KimAshton

KimAshton DIS Veteran

Love DD's outfit. Love the picture of her and Princess Aurora. :)