Mom24Princesses 4/1-8/06 Report Day 2

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
BEFORE I START DAY 2
From yesterday –They brought Rachel a cute Bd cake after all desserts and we just took it back to the room. It had a white chocolate swirl on it with the ship stamped in dark chocolate.
AND I’d worried about so many things that did not happen. For example. I worried that the room steward would not make 4 beds in the girl’s cabin. We did not meet him until after the show. HE HAD MADE 4 BEDS IN BOTH CABINS NOT KNOWING WHICH WE’D WANT!!!!!!!!! DH has a bad back and usually wakes in the night and goes down to the couch to lean against the back in the morning hours. Maurice made up our couch bed each night for DH. (so he made “7 beds” per day for us all week!!)

I will refer to my DDs as DD1, DD2, DD3, and DD4 (14, 12, 8, & 6)

Day 2 Sunday April 2, 2006 Day at Sea
I slept OK. I never sleep well the first night in a new place. There was the rocking of the ship. I did not feel woozy – just movement. And there was a noise, a creaking a that had bothered me in the early morning hours. I brought my own little plug-in alarm clock. I had an extension cord plugged in behind the TV and only at bedtime, I stretched it over to the bedside table. (DH slept against the wall.) When I wake up at night I have to see the time or I can not go back to sleep. I had also brought a small electric fan that I travel with and I plugged it in there as well and had it on the floor beside me. (For the noise).
Alter we got up I discovered that the noise was coming from the corner between the TV cabinet and the “Steamer.” After I learned what it was it did not bother me anymore. I might hear it but it did not disturb me. UNTIL I WROTE ALL THIS DOWN I DID NOT REALIZE HOW HIGH MAINTAINANCE I AM!

ANY WAY, AS ADVANCE INFO FOR OTHER NIGHTS, I LOVED MY BED AND SLEPT WELL EVERY NIGHT AFTER!!

I woke on my own about 7:40 (with the time change it was really 6:40) Kids slept own and DH and I dressed and went to Topsiders alone. I had bacon, waffles, and pineapple. ( I ATE LOTS OF PINEAPPLE LAST WEEK.) The waffles were not warm. BUT I did eat them two other mornings!!!

When younger DDs woke, they went to the Kid Programs and DH and I went to the adult pool. I guess we were there an hour and a half. THAT WAS THE ONLY TIME ALL WEEK WE WERE EVER THERE!! In the morning by the adult pool I’d read over 50 pages in my one book I brought. I started to worry that I’d finish it in 2 days. NOW, after 2 days at home it is less than ½ read!!

DD4 wanted to be picked up. By the time she was in her swimsuit it was 12:00 and I tried to get her to eat. (All she had for Bf was leftover Bd cake from the night before.) Agreed she’d eat after 20 minutes of swimming. The Mickey pool was pretty chilly. I put her in the non-baby ear. Being black, it was warmer. After 20 mins I got her pizza and a hot dog. Our DDs are so different. We can’t make DD4 eat and can’t stop DD3 from eating everything in sight.
DD2 and DH did the Italian Buffet in Topsiders. I just wanted a salad for lunch but I came out of TS with roast beef, green beans, roasted potatoes and a roll!!!

DD4 went back to the Club after lunch.
DD3 came out to swim.

Stayed at the Mickey pool until 2:30 and went to get first shower.

Planned to be ready at 5:00 for formal night pix. (supper at 5:45) We were ready at 5:20 and did get some great pictures that night. Someone will have to teach me how to attach one to my signature.

We were in Lumieres for Formal Night, which was neat. Dinner was good. Tenderloin was good, White Chocolate Domes. DD4 (6 years old) only ordered a Caesar Salad and water. (Her usual dinner drink, lemon aide is CARBONATED IN THE DINNING ROOMS!!! BE WARNED.)

Went shopping in Mickey’s Mates

Went to the Golden Mickey’s.. We took seats on the second row center behind the split in the seating and had to wait 30 minutes for the show to start.
Quote from my notes that night, “Great Show, I Loved it, DD4 LOVED IT.”

Older DDs went off to their age group activities, younger DDs went back to theirs. DH and I tried to watch the late movie BUT I could not stay awake. We got younger DDs and went to bed. (WE HAD TOO MUCH SUN TOO!!)
Older DDs in by 12:00.

Thanks so much for the upate. We go out 4/29, I can't wait to hear the rest of your days

I am LOVING your reports!!!! I especially could relate to every word you said about the noises in the room and how you could relax after finding out what it was, that is just like me! You have a great writing style, I feel like I"m right there with ya. We'll be on the Western, our first 7 day, so I really look forward to your next report!

i am following your reports day by day. i can't wait to hear more as i will be leaving this sat 4/15. i must admit i am somewhat dissapointed we have an 8:45 flt out of N.J. we will arrive in orlando at 11:30. HHMM i wonder about palo ressies , i only wish i was able to board as early as you did but i have to be thankful i will be boarding at all. CAN'T WAIT 4 DAYS!!!! YEAH

reading, green with envy! I still have to wait 2 years until our cruise! I am so jealous! Which category state rooms did you book?

dreamcometrue said:
reading, green with envy! I still have to wait 2 years until our cruise! I am so jealous! Which category state rooms did you book?

We too planned for almost 2 years - begain in July 04.

Having 6 in the fam, we booked connecting 10s 7507 & 7505. $7000+ and NOT EVEN A WINDOW. :rotfl2: :confused3
BUT we did have 4 sinks!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter