"Mom.. Please don't scare the cast members!" - a Jan 2015 Mother/Daughter trip! **Updated 8/3**

desheag

Mouseketeer
"Mom.. Please don't scare the cast members!"
A January 2015 Mother/Daughter trip!!

IMG_0572_zps793f4497.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to my very first trip report!
We got home almost two weeks ago from a very magical vacation and I can't wait to share every minute of it with you!

Before we get started... Some Introductions!

1520753_10202484483353694_4990570920185076665_n_zps83e027b3.jpg

My Name is Deshea! I'm 22 years old and I love anything and everything that has to do with Disney! I've been to Walt Disney World over 10 times and I was a cast member in 2012! I will always consider Disney World a second home to me and I love going back as often as I can!

My Favorites from the trip:
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Favorite Character: Rapunzel
Favorite Show: Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Meal: 'Ohana Breakfast
Favorite Snack: Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel (YUM!)

DSCN0441_zpse94dee36.jpg

This is my mom, Dee Dee! She is my best friend and my partner in crime! She has been to Disney World 7 times and I think she is beginning to love it! She had so much fun on this trip.. Especially pin trading, but we'll get to that later!

Her Favorites of the trip:
Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Dinosaur!
Favorite Character: Stitch/Tiana
Favorite Show: Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Meal: Coral Reef
Favorite Snack: Popcorn

The Details:

Who: Mommy & Me!
When: January 18th - January 23rd
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: Because we wanted to!
How: Because we got really cheap flights and a great discount!

Awayyy weee goooo......

stay tuned... Day 1 coming soon!

Last edited:
Day 1 - Travel Day & Magic Kingdom

Sunday January 18, 2015 - I couldn't believe the day was finally here! All the planning I had been doing - it was all about to come together! I was almost sad because it was starting and soon it would all be over, but we had the entire trip ahead of us.

I went to bed early the night before - around 9:00 PM. I had been packing the whole week before so all I had to do when I woke up was throw my makeup, toothbrush, phone charger, and other necessities into my suitcase. My alarm started going off at 4:00 AM. It's funny how I can't wake up at 6 AM on a normal day to go to work, but on Disney Day it's a completely different story.

I went in my mom's room to wake her up and then I started getting dressed and finishing up my last minute packing.
We left our house at 4:55 AM and stopped at the gas station down the road to fill up my car so we could make it to the airport :)
The New Orleans airport is about 45 minutes away from my house without traffic, and we wanted to leave early enough to have time to stop and get breakfast.

We stopped at a McDonald's right by the airport around 6:00 AM. Me and Mom both got breakfast sandwiches, she got an iced coffee, and I got an orange juice.
I'll spare you the picture of my half eaten breakfast.

We arrived at the airport around 6:30. We parked my car in the long term lot and headed in to check our bags.
Everything went smoothly and before we knew it we were through security at our gate waiting for the plane to board.

Our plane started boarding at 7:50 AM

63f8c83c-09ca-45e8-a0f1-76f0aa9f8d82_zps838c42fb.jpg

Once we were all boarded the plane took off at 8:30 AM. The flight was good and we landed in Orlando at 10:56 AM!

Once we got off the plane I was pretty much running to the Fake-O-Rail at this point.

0af63ab2-315c-4c65-b6b2-382a15ff81cf_zpse68c20df.jpg

After departing the fake-o-rail, we went to B Side, scanned our bands, and were pointed into the Magical Express line for Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter, and Port Orleans Riverside.

6e2f7990-e8af-444d-b4c2-7b0d7cdcad5b_zps13660fe1.jpg

Soon enough we were going under this....

IMG_5639_zpscc0a2369.jpg

We arrived at Port Orleans Riverside around 12:30 and I got in line for check in.

IMG_5641_zps103f0fd6.jpg

We were told that our room wasn't ready yet, so while mom was putting her card on file I went to concierge to print out our Hoop-Dee-Doo tickets. Once we were both finished we decided to go get our refillable mugs. After that we stashed mom's bag with bell services and headed to the bus stop. Before we knew it we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
We stayed at POR on our last trip as a family...loved it! Reading along....looks like a great start!

Following, I want to do a mother daughter trip soon. DH and I will be at POFQ in three weeks!

Subbing! What a great start, sounds like an amazing trip and I can't wait to read about it :)

We stayed at POR on our last trip as a family...loved it! Reading along....looks like a great start!

HI! Thanks for reading! We absolutely LOVED POR! It was our first stay there.. definitely will be back!

We were at POR the same week, looking forward to following along!

Awesome!! Thanks for reading!!

Following along! It looks like you're on your way to an amazing trip!

Thanks for following! We had an amazing time!! Can't wait to tell everyone about it!

Following, I want to do a mother daughter trip soon. DH and I will be at POFQ in three weeks!

Thanks for following! It was our first mother/daughter trip - we had a blast! It was definitely one of our more relaxing trips - but still non stop Disney!

I'm following along as well, great start!

Hi! It's great to have you following! :)

Subbing! What a great start, sounds like an amazing trip and I can't wait to read about it :)

Thanks for joining in - I'm excited to share it!

Day 1 - Arriving at Magic Kingdom

When we left off, we had just gotten on the bus and we were on our way to the first park of the trip.. where else would you start a Disney vacation off other than the Magic Kingdom!? In my opinion, it doesn't seem like your vacation has truly started until you walk underneath that train station, round the corner, and see Cinderella's castle for the first time. That's when everything hits me and I get really emotional, and I realize that I'm home!! It's instant happiness!!

It was about a 15 - 20 minute bus ride to the MK! The bus dropped us off, we headed towards bag check, scanned our bands to get into the park, and then we were in the park!! I was so excited I could hardly stand it! We had a BOG FP+ to get to, but the first order of business... BUY SOME EARS! And yes, I got the black and red sparkly ones! I definitely got my money's worth out of those babies! They didn't come off the entire week except when I was sleeping :) Luckily there was a cart right when you walked in!

IMG_5643_zpsa20ac56f.jpg

I managed to snap a few pictures of my favorite castle when we were heading towards New Fantasyland.

IMG_5644_zpsd9d573b8.jpg

It's so beautiful. Even with the crane.

We had a 1:45 - 2:15 FP at BOG! We ate here last time for lunch and LOVED it! I was so excited to try it again!

IMG_0451_zpsc9ad28d4.jpg

We waited for a short amount of time and then we were directed to the kiosk. I had pre-ordered our meals, but for some reason they wouldn't pull up so I had to reorder.. no biggie! Mom ended up changing her order and we both go the ham and cheese sandwich with fries and the master's cupcake... delish!

IMG_5646_zps86b7b7d1.jpg

DSCN0330_zpsa985011c.jpg

We were so full by this point and we decided to check out the rest of the Beast's castle since we didn't get to do that last time! We ventured over to the west wing.. I tried to snap a picture but it was extremely dark and my camera would not cooperate.

Then we headed back through the ballroom.

DSCN0333_zpsb08f7d1b.jpg

We ran into the restroom and then headed back out into the park. We both absolutely LOVED this meal again and would definitely do it again! I would like to try dinner one time but I'm a picky eater and nothing on that menu really appeals to my taste buds!!

I stopped for a few pictures on our way out...

DSCN0335_zps95c9e35f.jpg

DSCN0337_zps42749811.jpg

Next up... our first attraction of the trip & my first time seeing Festival of Fantasy!
Stay tuned...

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
YAY for getting to MK!!!

I contemplated buying the red and black minnie sparklies too, but I was worried I'd get stray sparklies tangled up in my curls and I just couldn't have that, lol.

Isn't BOG life-changing? I had lunch and dinner their on my last trip and I can honestly say that I was awed both times ;)

Ooh, can't wait to (hopefully!) see some FoF photos!!!

P.S. I LOVE your sweatshirt!!! It's so cute!!!

First of all, let me start off by saying that I am EXTREMELY sorry for my lack of updating this TR! Since we've been home from the world I have been so busy with switching jobs, my niece's graduation, weddings, concerts, and other events! But I'M BACK! And I'm going to dive into this TR in full force!

Day 1 - Fantasyland & Festival of Fantasy

So at this point we had just finished eating a delicious meal at Be Our Guest! I think I forgot to mention earlier that as soon as we walked into the Magic Kingdom we got the text message that our room was ready... BUMMER! But there was no turning back now!!!

We left Be Our Guest and heading back into a VERY crowded Fantasyland. Keep in mind it was MLK weekend and all of the locals were out of school.

We wandered around debating on what to do so we decided to start with an attraction that is very dear to me.. Mickey's Philharmagic!

DSCN0338_zps4d81c6aa.jpg

After leaving Philharmagic (which was super fun, as usual), we decided to head down Main Street towards the train station to watch Festival of Fantasy! I had never seen the parade before so I was SUPER excited.
FOF overload:

DSCN0343_zpsdc1009c4.jpg

DSCN0346_zps4968995e.jpg

DSCN0347_zps65a17f4c.jpg

DSCN0352_zps2ad95ead.jpg

DSCN0354_zpsf96ecc8a.jpg

Rapunzel is my absolute favorite!!!

DSCN0360_zps4eda2880.jpg

DSCN0369_zps00d0c6e4.jpg

DSCN0382_zps15e95a21.jpg

DSCN0388_zpse2f363f5.jpg

IMG_0488_zpsbb308890.jpg

IMG_0490_zps043a3323.jpg

I LOVE this parade!

Since we were back at the entrance of the park, we decided to go check out our room since I could barely contain myself! Now that I think about it, it didn't really make sense to go all the way back to POR and then come right back in a few hours to use our FP+ for 7DMT, but we did. Bad decision on my part but I think we were both overly exhausted from lack of sleep from the night before.

Continued in next post

REAL LIFE UPDATE:

Hey everyone!! I'm back!! For good this time (hopefully)!
I've been extremely bad about updating this trip report.. but I really want to try to finish it!
I think I keep pushing it off because I haven't really fooled with this new format much. It seems super easy, but I just get frustrated and quit! :rotfl2:
&& I hate how all of my pictures are so BIG! Why can't they just be normal?? I need to figure out how to fix that ASAP!!

I am going to try to start updating this TR on a regular basis! We had such an awesome trip and I want to relive every moment and share all the fun with you!!

IN OTHER NEWS......

IM GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD :)

yep, you heard me!!!!!

We are going back January 23rd - January 30th 2016!!!!!!

I'm absolutely ecstatic!!!

I never thought that I would be able to squeeze a trip in next year because we have so much going on!! But I started working numbers and I finally convinced my boyfriend! Yippeee!!!

I will probably be doing a PTR for that soon, so stay tuned ;)

I am going out of town for the weekend, but when I get back I am going to do a HUGE update!

Thanks for reading!!!

Hello everyone, I'm BACKKKK!!!
I have FINALLY figured out how to work this new format properly, and now that I've taken the time to figure it out... it's super easy! I wish I would've never given up in the first place! I have also re-organized all my pictures from the trip so hopefully I can start updating on a regular basis.

In other news.. I have included my NEW PTR link in my chapter links section AND in my signature! So check that out if you want :)

Day 1 Continued - A Room Fit for a Princess

Whenever we left off, we had just got done watching Festival of Fantasy! Earlier in the day when we had arrived at Magic Kingdom, I had gotten the text message that our room was ready. We left Magic Kingdom around 3:30 to go check out our room! It didn't take very long to get back to POR. We passed through the lobby and made our way to the Oak Manor Buildings.
Here are some pictures I took along the way:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were in room 9273 - a Royal Room with a River View!
When I did online check in, I requested the second floor and close to the foot bridge.

For as spread out as POR is, it only took us about 3-5 minutes to get to the lobby, I was very satisfied with our room. Now, here are some pictures of our beautiful home for the week:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I was so obsessed with every detail of this room! It was truly amazing and I was so excited we got to stay there! My 5 year old inner self really enjoyed pushing the button for the fireworks every night before bed :)

After we were done checking out our room, it was about time for our FP+ window to open up! It was a ride that I could NOT miss... Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!!!

Continued in Next Post

Wow! Your room looks GORGEOUS and so does the rest of POFQ! I've never been so I wouldn't know... but great pictures!

So great to hear an update from you!

Love FOF! It is an awesome parade! And I really want that twinkling headboard in my room at home.

I'm a NOLA native (been in TN for 22 years now though) and my son is now a senior at LSU...where are you from in the area?

Lynn

Wow! Your room looks GORGEOUS and so does the rest of POFQ! I've never been so I wouldn't know... but great pictures!

So great to hear an update from you!

It was amazing!! I took SO MANY pictures! It was hard to choose which ones to put in the update! Thanks for sticking with me! I would definitely stay there again! Although, I'm not sure I would spend the extra $$ for a royal room again. It was nice, but a little pricey! I will be updating a few times a week hopefully! Trying to finish this TR before we leave for our next trip!

Love FOF! It is an awesome parade! And I really want that twinkling headboard in my room at home.

I'm a NOLA native (been in TN for 22 years now though) and my son is now a senior at LSU...where are you from in the area?

Lynn

I'm from the Baton Rouge/Gonzales area.. born and raised! It's great to see some more Louisiana people on here :)

I'm from the Baton Rouge/Gonzales area.. born and raised! It's great to see some more Louisiana people on here :)

My son lives with his dad right now in the Prairieville area, and being an LSU alum, I know Gonzales :) from traveling back and forth while at school.....It's a Small World After All...sorry for getting that song stuck in your head for the evening!

I have been reading your PTR too...just did not have a chance to comment on it this morning...will get back to it tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter