Mom, Me and The Mouse - WDW September 2012

Awesome PTR! Looking forward to more! Love the way you organized your trip!

Why, thank you very much :thumbsup2 I love the way I've organized my trip too! :rotfl: I couldn't imagine going to Disney World and not being organized and having an itinerary. Having a plan in a place that big, is absolutely necessary in my opinion!

My mother and I had a Mother daughter trip, Memories I will have for life <3 I'm all over this TR, and can't wait to read more. your organization is amazing! im in envy!

I've mentioned countless times my love (and if I didn't mention it before, mom loves it too) of shopping:dance3:and what better place to shop for things than The World. Of course, shopping at WDW isn't like shopping elsewhere (in my opinion at least).

At home when I'm out and about shopping I tend to mostly focus on clothing and shoes and the occasional thing for the home. When I'm at the World I want to buy everything - mugs, blankets, pens, souvenir food containers, key chains, shot glasses and of course clothing and shoes.

These are my Mickey earrings that I bought a few years back and now wear each time we go to Disney World. For me, they add that little bit of Mickey without being too over the top.
ear.jpg

I also wear my plastic Mickey bracelet each trip. I :love:LOVE:love: this bracelet to pieces, but have now discovered that the Chamilia Charms sold at the parks can fit my Pandora Bracelet (just got one this past Christmas, so its pretty bare). Am very excited to purchase a Disney charm or two for my Pandora. I know I don't have to buy it at the parks, but its just more fun that way.
brace.jpg

Another big item for me when I'm out in the parks are PINS. I don't necessarily own a ton - 50 or so, but I love getting new ones. I'm picky about which I buy, and I don't trade in the parks anymore due to fear of getting fakes:scared:. I also don't bring ALL my pins with me each trip. The two that have made the trip the past few years have been my LOVE pin and my Canada Mickey Head pin. These two are my favourites.
pins.jpg

NEXT FEW POSTS WILL BE: Itinerary Days 5, 6 and 7, In depth look at ADR choices, more Disney merchandise.

Great PTR so far!! :goodvibes I love that Canada Mickey pin!! I need to find myself one of those for sure

Great PTR so far!! :goodvibes I love that Canada Mickey pin!! I need to find myself one of those for sure

Thank you so much!

I LOVE my Mickey head Canada pin. I wish there were other Canada-esque pins. Maybe there will be, will have to check that out at EPCOT when we're there. I would love another one to add to my collection.

We've planned for Epcot for this day starting with morning EMH.:banana:

Epcot is by far mom's favourite park, actually World Showcase is really her thing, she could do without most of the attractions in Future World.

Since Test Track is going to be under refurbishment when we're there:sad2:we'll definitely need to haul you know what over to Soarin' first thing in the morning to secure our Fast Passes for later that day.

Must do Future World attractions:

-Soarin'
-The Seas With Nemo & Friends
-Turtle Talk with Crush (I love the interaction with the kids, so funny)
-Spaceship Earth
-Captain EO (I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan:cheer2:)
-Journey Into Imagination

It's still up in the air if I'm going to Mission Space, mom definitely won't even give it a try so I'll decide day of if I want to ride it solo - most probably not. We can definitely skip Ellen's Energy Adventure unless we feel the need to take a nap in a cool place :thumbsup2. Also undecided about Living With The Land, while many people love it - I'm not at all excited about seeing the vegetables and fruit grow. I've been through the attraction many times, and while slightly interesting, it just never does anything for me. So depending on the length of the line, we'll decide day of. One attraction I've never been to in my many visits is the Circle of Life in The Land Pavilion, so going to definitely give that a go this trip.

For an early lunch it's definitely Sunshine Seasons for us, to split a CS credit over those really large chicken entrees that they serve. Delicious :thumbsup2

:goodvibesFor World Showcase we like to grab a cocktail at each country until we feel we've reached our maximum alcohol intake for the day:goodvibes

Also if, the new Agent P World Showcase thing is up and running, would like to give that a go as we really enjoyed the Kim Possible one they had.

We start World Showcase by going left and begin with Mexico. If the line is decent for The Gran Fiesta Tour we'll give that a go - if we have to miss it, we'll live.

The only really must do attraction for us in World Showcase is Maelstrom in Norway. A simple attraction, but I really love it.

We haven't seen the American Adventure since I was a kid, so we're going to give that a try this trip as well.

We'll continue around the countries browsing the shops, catching any of the "street entertainment" we come across and drinking cocktails until its time for dinner.

We have our ADR this night for Kouzzina over on the Boardwalk. So we'll walk over via the International Gateway to make our reservation at 6:25pm. No plans to catch Illuminations tonight, so we'll try to grab a bus back to ASMo from Epcot after we're done with our meal.

We won't have time like we usually do this trip to complete drinking and snacking around The World Showcase like we usually do. With two dinner ADR's on both our Epcot visits we wouldn't want to be too full come dinner time. :angel: With two visits planned this trip for World Showcase, we should at least be able to cover majority of the drinks on our list.

Just thinking about the drinking :drinking1 and snacking around the world makes me :cheer2:excited:cheer2:, so much to try in the span of one place. I do have my favourites though, and I'll list them in case anyone is interested.

Mexico - Blood Orange Margarita accompanied with some Nachos or a Churro.

Norway - Aquavit Shot with some School Bread.

China - Canto Loopy :upsidedow and an Egg Roll.

Germany - Apfelkorn with a piece of Cheesecake or Black Forest Cake.

Italy - Peach Bellini with a Cannoli ;) or a piece of Tiramisu.

USA - No drinks :sad1: (after all the hard liquor, wouldn't want to switch to beer) but will definitely have a Funnel Cake or a Stuffed Pretzel.

Japan - Plum Wine or Sake (I lived in Japan for two years teaching English, so besides the Canada Pavilion this is like home to me) for a snack, I love grabbing a box or two of flavoured Pocky from in the department store.

Morocco - Sultan's Colada (not very Moroccan, but still tasty).

France - Grand Marnier Orange Slush with a Crepe or Stuffed Croissant.

United Kingdom - Welsh Dragon :banana: and we usually split an order of Fish and Chips.

Canada - Torontopolitan :woohoo:

:thumbsup2We like to drink, but we do it safely. We drink water in between (every 2-3 countries), have snacks, regular bathroom breaks and we make sure to sit and rest now and again too. Plus spending time in the air conditioned pavilions is a must in Florida heat. No need to get sloshed and out of control in a family theme park:eek:

I don't know how this tidbit of information got past me in my planning, but I've just realized that since we'll be landing at MCO at 9:35am and taking ME :drive: to ASMo, we will probably be at the front desk no later than 11:00am.

I'm hoping that our room will be ready:hourglass when we arrive. Otherwise this will really throw me off for the day.

PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY -
PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY -

If I wish it hard enough, maybe it will be when we get there pixiedust: Hoping for pixiedust for his one request I have!

We won't have time like we usually do this trip to complete drinking and snacking around The World Showcase like we usually do. With two dinner ADR's on both our Epcot visits we wouldn't want to be too full come dinner time. :angel: With two visits planned this trip for World Showcase, we should at least be able to cover majority of the drinks on our list.

Just thinking about the drinking :drinking1 and snacking around the world makes me :cheer2:excited:cheer2:, so much to try in the span of one place. I do have my favourites though, and I'll list them in case anyone is interested.

Mexico - Blood Orange Margarita accompanied with some Nachos or a Churro.

Norway - Aquavit Shot with some School Bread.

China - Canto Loopy :upsidedow and an Egg Roll.

Germany - Apfelkorn with a piece of Cheesecake or Black Forest Cake.

Italy - Peach Bellini with a Cannoli ;) or a piece of Tiramisu.

USA - No drinks :sad1: (after all the hard liquor, wouldn't want to switch to beer) but will definitely have a Funnel Cake or a Stuffed Pretzel.

Japan - Plum Wine or Sake (I lived in Japan for two years teaching English, so besides the Canada Pavilion this is like home to me) for a snack, I love grabbing a box or two of flavoured Pocky from in the department store.

Morocco - Sultan's Colada (not very Moroccan, but still tasty).

France - Grand Marnier Orange Slush with a Crepe or Stuffed Croissant.

United Kingdom - Welsh Dragon :banana: and we usually split an order of Fish and Chips.

Canada - Torontopolitan :woohoo:

:thumbsup2We like to drink, but we do it safely. We drink water in between (every 2-3 countries), have snacks, regular bathroom breaks and we make sure to sit and rest now and again too. Plus spending time in the air conditioned pavilions is a must in Florida heat. No need to get sloshed and out of control in a family theme park:eek:

So Hungry and thirsty for an adult beverage now! Love France and the Grand Marnier Orange slush, we normally get a Napoleon to share, sooo yummy.

Some Disney background information on me!

:offtopic: My then boyfriend; now husband, proposed during our Feb 2010 trip to Walt Disney World :cool1: That was his first trip there, but he knew that there would be nothing I would love more than to be proposed at in Disney World.

He didn't want to do it in front of the castle (he thought it too cliche) and we were there for Valentine's Day, but he didn't propose that day (he also thought that too cliche). So ... :idea: he proposed during Fantasmic! (during the part where all the characters come across the "stage" on the riverboat) on February 15. It was nice, more than nice actually! The group of people sitting behind us clapped for us - that was cute!

With my "Just Engaged" button (which unfortunately I hear they don't have anymore)
ENG.jpg

That was definitely a day I will never forget! Just one of my many memories from Disney World. I know I'll have many more to come as the years go on.

Us at MK that same Magical trip.
IMG-20110826-00107.jpg

Anyhow, an amazing 10 days in February ended with our ENGAGEMENT which eventually led to our wedding :bride:!

A candid type shot of us leaving the church.
US.jpg

With our "Zoolander" faces on.
WED.jpg

It's unfortunate that DH won't be joining us this trip. But mom and I will have a great trip nonetheless!

Friday September 7

I'm still up in the air on where I think we should spend our morning. I was thinking Magic Kingdom, but soleley due to the fact that in my many trips to WDW, I've yet to see the Celebrate A Dream Parade that takes place in the early afternoon.

Do I really want to commit to MK again, just for the sake of seeing a parade?:confused3 I don't want to, but I do really want to see the parade. I'm slightly torn. :faint:

If we don't do MK this morning, we'll be at HS from opening to get FP's for TSMM.:cheer2:

While I internally debate on which park to attack this morning, we do know for sure that we need to be at EP no later than 4:30-4:45 to make it to our 5:15pm ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh.

This dining choice was mom's options, she's an adventurous eater and is all about experiencing others cultures and cuisines. While I don't shy away from eating anything, there are other places I would have rather chosen. We ate at Tagierine Cafe on our last trip (it was good, don't get me wrong) and they may have exhausted my Moroccan food interest for the next 5-10 years. I will however admit that I am interested in seeing the interior of the restaurant and getting immersed in the atmosphere. So I suppose in some ways in a win win for mom and I.

After dinner we plan to grab a couple (each) of Grand Marnier Orange Slushies:drinking1 from France and grab a spot to watch Illuminations for the evening. Our favourite spots to catch Illuminations from are either in front of Germany or just to the right of the UK pavilion.

Hi there! :wave2: What a lovely trip you have planned! I love your organization (I speak excel!) and your new bag and accessories are so cute.

What a great proposal story! I can imagine at the part of Fantasmic when you are already smiling big... pop goes the question! :lovestruc BTW: Your wedding photo is gorgeous.

I love the MK parade too but as you can see in my signature, it has very special memories for us since DD and I were "Grand Marshalls"! Now whenever I hear the song I tear up!

I get frustrated over which choice to make when I'm planning our trips as well. The pros and cons don't do me much good since I know I may be missing something relevant on either side of the argument. But sometimes the right things fall into place "in the moment"... I know, that's a hard concept for us planners! :p

Hi there! :wave2: What a lovely trip you have planned! I love your organization (I speak excel!) and your new bag and accessories are so cute.

What a great proposal story! I can imagine at the part of Fantasmic when you are already smiling big... pop goes the question! :lovestruc BTW: Your wedding photo is gorgeous.

I love the MK parade too but as you can see in my signature, it has very special memories for us since DD and I were "Grand Marshalls"! Now whenever I hear the song I tear up!

I get frustrated over which choice to make when I'm planning our trips as well. The pros and cons don't do me much good since I know I may be missing something relevant on either side of the argument. But sometimes the right things fall into place "in the moment"... I know, that's a hard concept for us planners! :p

So true...planning is the life and death of me all at the same time. It's definitely something I love to hate! But in all honestly planning for people like us is part of what makes a trip to WDW so great!

Wow...Grand Marshals, so lucky. I dream of being in the parade one day. Understandable that that's a memory you will carry with you forever, much like my proposal memory!

Out of the blue today, I started fretting over my already nicely planned ADR's.:scared:

To re-cap: (These are all dinners)

Sunday - Kona Kafe
Monday - House of Blues
Tuesday - The Crystal Palace
Wednesday - Sanaa
Thursday - Kouzzina
Friday - Restaurant Marrakesh
Saturday - Bongo's

In all honesty, I've been trying to get into O'Hana's for either our Sunday or Saturday with no luck. That's not what's freaking me out.

I'm debating with myself on if to change KK or HOB to 1900PF :crazy2: For some reason I've gotten it into my head that I want to eat here (we never have in the past). I simply can't get this out of my head.

This wouldn't be a big problem if I could (and try to stay with me here) move Bongo's to Monday, cancel HOB all together and do either Kona on the last or first day or 190PF on the first or last day. Sigh ... however for that train of thought to take place I've got to get Bongo's on Monday. And unfortunately that isn't looking likely (I don't know why every other night there are openings, figures the one night I want :furious: I can't get).

Grrrr....stressing and worrying, probably all for nothing. Trying to keep the playing field as level as possible in restaurant choices between mom and me.

Kona (me), HOB (me), Crystal Palace (mom), Sanaa (mom), Kouzzina (me), Restaurant Marrakesh (mom), Bongo's (mom).

For now mom has a choice up on me, BUT she is paying for this trip, so I can't really argue can I? :lovestruc

So is Kouzzina the only ADR for you that you are not struggling with? I've not done any of the ones that you are thinking of changing (well, 1900 PF and Kona but for breakfast only) so I'm no help. :) I'm sure whatever works out will be good. Don't drive yourself too crazy. :crazy2:

Kouzzina is a definite keeper. Struggling on if to change Kona to 1900PF and really upset that I can't get an ADR for Bongos on Monday :furious:. I know I'll live.

Mom says that changing the ADR's is unnecessary at this point, as we've got pretty good selections. I fear she may be right here :crazy2:

So .... I've done it again :scared: I've changed some of our ADR's!

I'm still trying to get 'Ohana's but in the meantime, and if that never comes to be this is our line up (until I decide to change my mind again :lmao:)

Sept 2 - Kona Kafe 5:25pm
Sept 3 - Portobello 7:30pm
Sept 4 - Crystal Palace 6:20pm
Sept 5 - Sanaa 5:30pm
Sept 6 - 1900 Park Fare 7:20pm
Sept 7 - Kouzzina 6:25pm
Sept 8 - Bongos 7:15pm

If I thought before that I was satisfied, I feel even more satisfied.

People probably think I'm crazy for not choosing any of the restaurants in the World Showcase, but nothing strikes my fancy. We're from Toronto where every culture under the sun practically lives as one. We've for all kinds of restaurants here - so our dining choices (apart from Portobello) are ones that are harder to come by around here (Greek that isn't counter service, character dining, African, Cuban).

For now I'm content with these choices .... :cool1:

What a great trip you'll have - mother daughter trips are fantastic.
Where did you find such a great flight? I'd love a link if you have one.
We've got the same Canada pin as you, love it. Very cute photos - looking forward to hearing more.

Where did you find such a great flight? I'd love a link if you have one.

I sent you a private message with this info. I checked this morning and the flights were still cheap :banana: - for my travel dates anyway. Hopefully they will be for yours as well!

Hi there! I have to say that your dining choices look really good! You do have a lot of variety already so I can see not really being compelled to eat at WS in Epcot. Good luck with 'Ohana - you never know what will open up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!