Mom just bailed... who wants to help?

DinoHunter

Watching the floating lights.
Okay, I have a plane ticket to Orlando from 5/3/11 - 5/10/11 and an Annual Pass (basic) for myself already. My mom and I were supposed to go on a trip together, but something came up during the last minute (thank god we didn't get her plane ticket already) and she can't go.... so my friend Molly offered to think about going if I told her the price. My friend Jenny might go if it is cheap enough as well. Both of them would be getting 8 day park hopper tickets and airfare, so I'm just looking at the hotel/transportation/food side of things.

What is the least expensive/ best deal I can find for two girls vs three girls between 21 - 24? None of us are 25 yet, which means a premium on rental cars. I have an AP and an AAA card, and we are all still full time students. We don't mind just taking Disney transportation, and counter service is fine for us at the parks. (Just lunch and dinner... we will have breakfast taken care of.)

I trust you guys... any advice would be welcome as well. We also don't mind sharing beds/cots/blow up mattresses. Thanks in advance. :lovestruc

Instead of renting a car $$$, why not take the free Disney transportation from the airport? There is plenty to keep you girls busy at WDW. We never go off site. (unless its to move over to the HRH @ Universal, but we dont leave that property either.)

Instead of renting a car $$$, why not take the free Disney transportation from the airport? There is plenty to keep you girls busy at WDW. We never go off site. (unless its to move over to the HRH @ Universal, but we dont leave that property either.)

I was thinking the same thing. I always stay off site, but that's because we have a family of 6. If it were just 2-3 of us, we would stay on site and do Disney transportation and stay at a value resort.

Okay, I have a plane ticket to Orlando from 5/3/11 - 5/10/11 and an Annual Pass (basic) for myself already. My mom and I were supposed to go on a trip together, but something came up during the last minute (thank god we didn't get her plane ticket already) and she can't go.... so my friend Molly offered to think about going if I told her the price. My friend Jenny might go if it is cheap enough as well. Both of them would be getting 8 day park hopper tickets and airfare, so I'm just looking at the hotel/transportation/food side of things.

What is the least expensive/ best deal I can find for two girls vs three girls between 21 - 24? None of us are 25 yet, which means a premium on rental cars. I have an AP and an AAA card, and we are all still full time students. We don't mind just taking Disney transportation, and counter service is fine for us at the parks. (Just lunch and dinner... we will have breakfast taken care of.)

I trust you guys... any advice would be welcome as well. We also don't mind sharing beds/cots/blow up mattresses. Thanks in advance. :lovestruc

watch all Disney site for discounts and packages try the mouse for less.com/wdwmagic.com/mousesavers.com/ can at least get a room discount and would go to value resorts. over the years we have stayed all over but love POP Century as it so huge and pools great is a hopping place. Can watch for the free dining offers but may not have any out for May since they just had big promo last December that ended 2010 would have covered that time frame. But still look...getting tickets with room package way to go for your friends since you have annual pass? then when you book your flight let Disney know and take Magical Express (comes with your package) from airport to resort and will not need a rental car unless you just want to leave property a lot as can take a cab and short distance not that much money wise. then split room between all that is going and is cheaper for you all (in you case would have to take out the tickets as you have yours and they have to buy them but just look on line in the Disney site as to what they paying for theirs and take off) and Disney does charge $10 per day for each adult over two in a room. Is plenty big for four girls your ages. Have a blast:cool1:

AP room discount for most value resorts will be 25% off using code L2H.

Add Quick Service dining to make it an AP Package with Dining. QSDP will be regular price but will probably be cheaper than paying for mugs, snacks and 2 counterservice meals per night.

Have your friends get their passes from Undercovertourist thru the Mousesavers.com newsletter link.

Hope it works out for you.

AP holders often have good deals on Disney resorts. if you're looking at ways to cut corners, you could always take the park hoppers off the tickets (not that I would...just a thought) or you could take days off of your tickets. I know after the first couple days I usually want a little break for a resort day/mini-golf/DTD/etc. Spend time exploring the resorts and doing things like the Chip and Dale Campfire at FW. I'd also pack any snacks in addition to breakfast, then as you eat you'll have more space in your suitcases! With snacks from home(supplemented by Mickey Bars and Dole Whips!) you could probably do one meal a day, especially at a place like Sunshine Seasons where you get so much food! Honestly, I would do whatever I could to make the trip work. My trips with friends have provided some of my favorite Disney moments! Make it Work!

Look at DTD hotels. Sometimes you can get a great deal. Once you're there, you can use Disney's transportation system around the parks.

I checked the Passholder website for you and got the following prices.

Pop Century, 5/3-5/10:

For 3 adults:
Room only: $724 ($242 each)
Room + QSDP: $1465.65 ($488.55 each)

For 2 adults:
Room only: $646 ($323 each)
Room + QSDP: $1294.56 ($647.28 each)

I didn't price tickets. Obviously, the best per-person price would be if all 3 of you go. For the extra $240, I would get the QSDP. You can't eat 2 CS meals per day for a week for that, IMO.

Hope you can talk them into it! I guess depending on how much the flights are, plus tickets, it's going to cost each of your friends at least $800-1000 to go. Good luck!

Don't get the rental car unless your intent is to stay offsite or go somewhere other than WDW. If you want to spend a day at Universal or Sea World you can get there at $18 per person on Mears. Check taxi fares too, since there are three of you.

Downtown Disney hotels do not use the Disney buses. They have their own transportation schedule to the parks and DTD. Remember you can't go directly to any theme parks from DTD using Disney transportation. You must transfer at a resort. If you intend to go to the parks early, the DTD buses don't start running until later.

You'll have to pay an extra fee for the third adult in a room (at Disney and probably most anywhere else). This fee at Disney is the least amount ($10-15 I think per night) in a value resort. It's more for the higher categories of resort.

If you're an annual passholder and you are interested in the dining plan, you and your friends are eligible for a ticketless package including a dining plan at a WDW resort. Your friends can then purchase their tickets separately. AP discounts are out now. Check the WDW webpage, passholder section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter