Modifying Reservation Less Than 30 Days

Would changing the name on the reservation be considered a modification? Is there any fee involved within the 30 day window? Someone mentioned that there was a fee involved with name change of the primary person close to the reservation date.

Would changing the name on the reservation be considered a modification? Is there any fee involved within the 30 day window? Someone mentioned that there was a fee involved with name change of the primary person close to the reservation date.
There's a fee if a renter wants to cancel a booking and the rental agency asks the owner to change the primary name on the reservation to the name of a new renter. That fee compensates the owner for their time, because making the change requires calling or chatting with Member Services and can't be done quickly online.

As an owner, no there is no fee to change names on the reservation. There is no penalty either. The only penalty is when you modify and end up with a reservation of less points or you want to swap out what points you are using.

Then those points go into holding status which restricts them to bookings 60 days or less from check in.

Ok so long confusing question but I’m gonna try and explain it as well as I can…

Two reservations are booked.. RezA is beyond 30 days. RezB is much later in the year. If I cancel RezA, points go into holding. But after I get within 60 days to ResB, can I modify it so that the points in holding are used for that stay?

Ok so long confusing question but I’m gonna try and explain it as well as I can…

Two reservations are booked.. RezA is beyond 30 days. RezB is much later in the year. If I cancel RezA, points go into holding. But after I get within 60 days to ResB, can I modify it so that the points in holding are used for that stay?

The way the system is set up, as long as both reservations are in the same membership and the same UY of travel, it will work when you modify.

For example, if one has a June UY and cancels a trip now, those holding points could not then be used for a trip that happens after June 1st since you hafe moved into the 2023 UY with the canceled trip in the 2022 UY.

The way the system is set up, as long as both reservations are in the same membership and the same UY of travel, it will work when you modify.

For example, if one has a June UY and cancels a trip now, those holding points could not then be used for a trip that happens after June 1st since you hafe moved into the 2023 UY with the canceled trip in the 2022 UY.
Perfect. Thank you. They are both from the same UY and membership.

If the points that went into holding were booked during the 7 month window and then you modify for a reservation in the same UY that was booked at 11 months with the same home resort priority, will the system allow the points in holding to be picked up?

If the points that went into holding were booked during the 7 month window and then you modify for a reservation in the same UY that was booked at 11 months with the same home resort priority, will the system allow the points in holding to be picked up?

Any reservation booked in the home resort priority has that contract locked and you can not use non home resort points no matter their status, which includes holding status.

If the holding points are the same resort that was booked during home resort period, then the system will pick them up and free up those that are less restricted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter