Modifying Package 13 days out?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by rachel09985, Oct 18, 2012.

  1. rachel09985

    rachel09985 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    3,319
    Hello!
    Sorry there is a lot of questions in this post!
    We have 13 days left before we check in. Can I still modify my package?

    I want to add park hoppers. Is this doable?

    If I charge this to my Disney Visa will I still get the 6 months no interest on it?

    If I decide to cancel the Park Hoppers before our trip will I get charged $200?

    Thanks for the advice!:flower3:
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

    to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

    dansdad DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    6,539
    Why not wait until you arrive to decide to add hoppers or not? That way you don't have to worry about any penalties.:thumbsup2

    Sorry, I don't have a disney visa so I don't know the answer to that.:confused3
     
  4. Maggie'sMom

    Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Messages:
    3,753
    If you are unsure of whether or not you want the hopper option, it is better to wait and add it once you are there. You would definitely be charged a change fee if you called to downgrade the tickets. Also, if you booked your package before the June price increase (I think that occurred on June 3rd), calling now to add the hopper option to the tickets would trigger you paying the current ticket price. So you'd not only pay for the hopper upgrade, but also the price difference between the old and new ticket prices. If that's the case, then definitely wait until you get there to upgrade. If you use the tickets once before upgrading, the value of the tickets will be brought up to the current gate price. This is called price bridging.

    If you were to add the park hopper option now and pay for it with your Disney Visa through the Central Reservations Office, you would get the 6 months 0% financing on that. But the benefit of that financing would be negated if you later decided you didn't need the hopper or if it triggered an increase from the old to the new pricing.
     
  5. mickeynut1

    mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2007
    Messages:
    15,277
    As others have said, if you aren't sure you want hoppers, I would wait until you get there to add it. If you add it now you will not be charged a fee since your total package cost would increase, but if you then decide to take it off, you will be charged a change fee of $50 since it would decrease the total cost. With that said, it would be best to wait until you get there to see if you really want/need it.
     
  6. rachel09985

    rachel09985 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    3,319
    Hello!

    Thanks for the responses.

    I just called Disney and this is the verdict. I was still charged the OLD price hopper price($55) and my tickets did not increase to the current cost post June 3rd.

    However, they charge a $15 change fee within two weeks if you change your tickets. So it would be $9 more to do it now, but no interest for 6 months.
     
  7. Marionnette

    Marionnette <font color=deeppink>Wishing On A Star<br><font co

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2009
    Messages:
    7,572
    Doesn't sound worth doing the upgrade right now. I don't think that you will save $9 in interest over the 6 months unless your interest rate is really high and you have a lot of tickets to upgrade.

    ETA: It's also not really a savings unless you normally carry a balance anyway.
     

Share This Page