Moderators please close this thread. Thank you, please pm tlh0726 for any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to Sparkie today, she will leave the Fridge for Ceese.

Still have open dates if anyone needs it :thumbsup2

Jakesmom1,
Thanks for taking this on. We have never been to WDW and we are so excited. :cool1: This fridge swap will make our stay wonderful. DH loves cold soda 24/7 :drinking1 and we were a bit bummed about POP not having a fridge. This swap will keep everyone happy. Thanks again.

Renee

Does anyone know if we need any tape or cleaning supplies for the fridge? I have it next month, so whomever is going soon, please let me know if I can bring anything:)

Ok- I moved over here with you guys.

Fridge worked out great. We were on the dining plan (basic) and mainly used the fridge for storing leftover fruit and deserts and water. I bought refillable mugs and when we would have lunch at POP we would get bottled water instead of a fountain drink and used our mugs for our drink with our meal and would put the water in the fridge for park days. It also worked well for freezing ice cream. Freezer works great and if you put the fridge on 7 it will freeze water in the refridgerator section.

Hope everybody has as much fun as we did.

Thought I would share my deforsting technique.

I put a towel on the edge of the tub and leaned the fridge from the edge of the tub over and rested it on the back wall of the tub. That way all the water drips into the tub and didnt puddle in the bottom of the fridge. I did this one morning before we left for Blizzard Beach and when we returned to the room at 2pm is was completely defrosted. I wiped it dry with a towel and then with a disinfecting wipe. And packed it in the box.

I would add to be sure that it is very dry before you put it in the box. When I received the fridge the bottom of the box was a little damp and if the box keeps getting wet it wont hold up too well. I tried to reinforce the bottom of the box with my lime green duct tape but I'm sure my DH would have done a better job.

As far as storing the box. It will fit on top of the rack where you hang your clothes. That way it was off the floor and wasnt in danger of being mistaken for trash and didnt take up our valuable floor space. There was still enough room for storage on the rack.

Thought this thread could use a bump and wanted to be more meaningful than "bump"

As far as storing the box. It will fit on top of the rack where you hang your clothes. That way it was off the floor and wasnt in danger of being mistaken for trash and didnt take up our valuable floor space. There was still enough room for storage on the rack.

This is good to know. I was wondering where to keep it so it's out of the way.

Thanks,

Patty

I may be changing my dates to Sept 2009 ! But it looks wide open right now !! DD's BFF wants to go too and she wants to go in Sept. We are hoping for free dining!! Although I have a feeling the free might be the new light plan, but we can always upgrade !! Will let you know when it is definate !!

Thanks Sparkie for the helpful hints! Looking forward to having the fridge in 4 weeks!

Sparkie....I am so glad you were able to get the fridge. I surely didn't want the SWAP to end with me. Before I sent the fridge to storage, I also left it defrosting all morning. So, i am not sure why the box was wet:sad2: it must have happened in storage.:eek:

I wonder if a moderator can link the old swap to this new swap? Is this even possible for them to do? Just curious!
2 more swappers until it's our turn...been following this since we were one of the original swappers in Feb...can't believe it's almost here! I almost don't want it to come too soon because then it will be over soon too:(
Have a great day!

I will be at Pop from 7/20-7/26. Are these dates open for the fridge? What a great idea! Thanks!

Joan Brandt

I'm sorry, I didnt read your post soon enough, it is available but I dont think you can get it out of storage, since it already has the next swapper in Augusts name on it.

Does anyone know if we can do this fast?

I'm sorry, I didnt read your post soon enough, it is available but I dont think you can get it out of storage, since it already has the next swapper in Augusts name on it.

Does anyone know if we can do this fast?
Give her the name it is under she will have no problem! I had to do that in Feb as botha fridge and coffee pot were MIA!Before I went I knew the coffee pot was missing so I got the info from the last person to have it who she left it for and sure enuff it was there. The fridge was another story the person who had it was to hand it over but from what she said mI knew that somehow she had a Pop fridge so the next day I went to luggage and retrieved it under her name and gave tham back Pop's fridge !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter